Discussion: Gibbs boatReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 40 of 49  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
20. RE: Gibbs boat
Jul 2 2008, 4:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 2 2008, 4:07 AM EDT
Even if there is a wall that Gibbs is using to take all of the boats he builds out of his basement, where is he taking them? Is there a Marina somewhere, where he has all of his boats sitting at dock? Is he sailing any of them? And, how many boats are we talking about that he has finished building? I can only remember that there have been two, but I could be wrong. 'Tis a puzzlement! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

dpundt
21. RE: Gibbs boat
Jul 3 2008, 10:45 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 3 2008, 10:45 AM EDT
First of all Gibbs has destroyed all of the boats except the one he is working on. Second we have seen him working on one boat, first he built the bottom, removed it now he is working on the top. Third in "Honor Code" when the boy asks Gibbs about removing the boat he makes a comment about busting down a wall and building a ramp. Fourth in another episode some one asks about how do you get the boat out and Gibbs replies "How do you get the ship out of the bottle?" implying that you break the bottle. or in his case the basement. And Finally for all the people saying he removed it in peices. that could not be done. because of the way he built the boat he would have to remove the paint and the plugs to get to the screws, then put them back. Do you find this valuable?    
lagatita
lagatita
22. RE: Gibbs boat
Jul 3 2008, 4:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 3 2008, 4:12 PM EDT
I remembered one boat is burn,, rest your guess is mine
para los que hablan espanol,,, que pasa con los botes de gibbs,, como los saca del su casa....
is is thurs,,, I am drinkin a SANGRIA, and I am ready for the marathon tomorrow incl JAG ;)
Do you find this valuable?    
NCISlover161
NCISlover161
23. RE: Gibbs boat
Jul 4 2008, 6:53 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 4 2008, 6:53 AM EDT
Oh the mysteries of NCIS so fun but so annoying!! :D Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
24. RE: Gibbs boat
Jul 4 2008, 8:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 4 2008, 8:20 AM EDT
Yeah! plus they writers know we like seeing Gibbs covered in sawdust and using the lathe on his boat:-))) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

BadMagic00
25. RE: Gibbs boat
Aug 20 2008, 6:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 20 2008, 6:00 AM EDT
"From Internal Affairs (the scene is Gibbs' basement):

Gibbs: Any questions?
McGee: How do you get the boat out?
Gibbs: Break the bottle, McGee."
To me, it seems quite self explanatory. Ever heard of a 'boat in a bottle'? And how do you get the boat out of the bottle? You 'break the bottle'. There it is!

Solution: The bottle is a metaphor for his house. He's going to have to break the 'bottle' (his house - or rather, a section of it) in order to remove the boat.

I think in one episode, he even talks about removing a section of wall and installing a ramp.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
invisibleman78
invisibleman78
26. RE: Gibbs boat
Aug 20 2008, 11:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 20 2008, 11:39 AM EDT
You are right, BadMagic00:
There is another scene with Gibbs and Zach in 3x07 Honor Code:

Zach: Gibbs, can I ask you a question?
Gibbs: Yeah, shoot.
Zach: How are you going to get this out of here when it’s finished?
Gibbs: Good question. I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it much.
Zach: I think maybe you could use a crane or something.
Gibbs: Yeah? I could dig a ramp. Knock that wall out and hoist it out of here.
flugelplayer
flugelplayer
27. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 17 2008, 9:59 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2008, 9:59 AM EST
Since I live overseas, and see the episodes a year or two late, I don't believe we will EVER find out how Gibbs gets the boats out of the basement. It is meant to be the eternal teaser. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

diverorion
28. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 27 2008, 10:54 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2008, 10:54 AM EST
it may remain a mystery...but can anyone identify what kind of boat he is building? Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
29. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 27 2008, 11:02 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2008, 11:02 AM EST
I think in one episode it was mentioned it was a ketch Do you find this valuable?    

diverorion
30. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 28 2008, 4:44 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2008, 4:44 AM EST
a ketch is the sail layout, but what I'm looking for is the hull design...good info though, thanks...have to review and keep an ear out for that... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
MargyW
MargyW
31. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 28 2008, 10:54 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2008, 10:54 AM EST
"a ketch is the sail layout, but what I'm looking for is the hull design...good info though, thanks...have to review and keep an ear out for that..."
On one of the pages (I am trying to remember which one) some noted that the boat is actually a kit, and names the manufacturer and model.

diverorion
32. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 28 2008, 11:20 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2008, 11:20 AM EST
actually found it...it's a glen-L custom kit boat the "Amigo"...the page also seemed to say that it's a real hobby of Mark Harmon's....http://www.glen-l.com/ncis/ncis-seen-on-tv.html 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
MargyW
MargyW
33. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 28 2008, 2:58 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2008, 2:58 PM EST
"actually found it...it's a glen-L custom kit boat the "Amigo"...the page also seemed to say that it's a real hobby of Mark Harmon's....http://www.glen-l.com/ncis/ncis-seen-on-tv.html"
Woodworking is a hobby or Mark Harmon's, rather than boat building. The tools Gibbs' uses are Mark's own.
Ydnam96
Ydnam96
34. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 29 2008, 12:04 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2008, 12:04 PM EST
I think it's simply made to be a running gag- remember when Mann asked him how got the boat out of the basement? All he did was smile :) I personally believe that he dismantles the boats and then builds a new one. I mean in the "real" world there wouldn't be a way to get the boats out without digging up the foundation and basement wall- and I doubt he would be dumb enough to build a huge fire in his basement.

Maybe it's a metaphor for Gibbs. He is constantly building and working and thinking- improving himself- learning from his mistakes- perfecting his techniques- the job will never be finished. Just when you think you have it figured out you end up having to start all over again...
bourbon_bonbon
bourbon_bonbon
35. RE: Gibbs boat
Dec 29 2008, 3:31 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2008, 3:31 PM EST
I like the metaphor idea - but I don't think he takes the boat apart. Where would he put it back together, on the water? Veeeeeery complicated. And I can't see Gibbs wanting to put his boat back together again.

He's got a secret trap door. *smile*

VaMostWanted
36. RE: Gibbs boat
Mar 25 2009, 8:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2009, 8:14 PM EDT
"I could have sworn that I've not missed an epi. but...???what happend to Gibbs boat?? -it wasn't in the basement tonight."
pretty much gibbs started boat five in season four episode 13 (i've been watching the show for the past 2 months cus i got seasons 1 through 5 on my laptop and thats as far as i got)

the first three boats were named after his ex wives and when they got divorced he burned them, the fourth one was named after his daughter

but how he got the boat out... is that when gibbs was asked the question by the little boy looking for his father in one of the seasons gibbs told the boy that he would probably knock out a wall to get it out.
Roux739
Roux739
37. RE: Gibbs boat
Mar 26 2009, 1:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 1:20 PM EDT
"pretty much gibbs started boat five in season four episode 13 (i've been watching the show for the past 2 months cus i got seasons 1 through 5 on my laptop and thats as far as i got)

the first three boats were named after his ex wives and when they got divorced he burned them, the fourth one was named after his daughter

but how he got the boat out... is that when gibbs was asked the question by the little boy looking for his father in one of the seasons gibbs told the boy that he would probably knock out a wall to get it out. "
One boat all through. The second structure was the top.
Do you find this valuable?    
BureauBabe
BureauBabe
38. RE: Gibbs boat
Mar 26 2009, 3:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 3:37 PM EDT
OK, my theory is he is going to fill the basement with water and ride it out in a reverse Capt. Jack Sparrow. Yes, I am strange. Do you find this valuable?    
le_bibliothecaire
le_bibliothecaire
39. RE: Gibbs boat
Mar 26 2009, 3:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 3:56 PM EDT
"pretty much gibbs started boat five in season four episode 13 (i've been watching the show for the past 2 months cus i got seasons 1 through 5 on my laptop and thats as far as i got)

but how he got the boat out... is that when gibbs was asked the question by the little boy looking for his father in one of the seasons gibbs told the boy that he would probably knock out a wall to get it out. "
Well, we know he burned boat he named "Diane", because he tells Jenny that when she says "are you *still* working on that boat?" And in one episode Jenny responds to a comment regarding obsessive behavior with "kind of like building a fifth boat when you haven't sailed the other four" (probably not an exact quote, but I can't remember which episode it's from). He never says what he does with them, with the exception of "Diane."
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)