Discussion: new girlReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 22  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

abbysgall
new girl
Feb 11 2014, 11:40 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2014, 11:40 AM EST
Does anyone else have a problem with the new girl? I mean she just don't seem to me like she belongs, I mean when they brought in Kate and then ziva magic happened!! But with her, and that light blond hair with the real dark eyebrows, she just doesn"t do it for me and its a shame because I have loved that show enough to have watched reruns over and over but no more! 30  out of 34 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: NCIS
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
1. RE: new girl
Feb 11 2014, 12:18 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2014, 12:18 PM EST
We've already had this discussion on another thread on this site, and most of us are in favour, although logically there are others like yourself who are against. That said, to stop watching something simply because of one character seems a bit extreme, since we all have characters we like more or less; and if you really enjoy a series then the dislike of one character shouldn't be enough to make you stop watching. However, to each their own, nobody's forced to watch something they don't enjoy. 4  out of 19 found this valuable. Do you?    
callerbear
callerbear
2. RE: new girl
Feb 11 2014, 1:24 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2014, 1:24 PM EST
"When they brought in Kate and then ziva magic happened!! "
Part of the feeling with Kate and Ziva was their "give and take" with Tony. A few things seem to explain why we're not seeing the same dynamic at this point:

* Tony is acting more maturely at this stage in the series, especially this season
* Bishop appears to be in a stable, comfortable relationship (married to Jake. Wonder what he thinks of Bishop's hours?)
* Bishop's Joint Duty Assignment seemed focused on the Benham Parsa threat.

Now that Parsa is gone and Bishop is a probie, I'm guessing that we'll see more interaction between Bishop and the rest of the team. In particular, we'll have to see if she winds up being carrying all of the crime scene tools and cases (I would think that's a certainty), and we'll see how she reacts to the associated teasing. There probably will be some fireworks in there.
1  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
SolitaryD
SolitaryD
3. RE: new girl
Feb 12 2014, 3:38 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2014, 3:38 PM EST
"Now that Parsa is gone and Bishop is a probie, I'm guessing that we'll see more interaction between Bishop and the rest of the team."
That's what I'm hoping too, so far she only seemed pushy and for some reason I had the feeling that they made the others (Tony, McGee and even Gibbs) look sort of incompetent, by making it always her to "break the case" and Gibbs didn't even say a word when she agressively (and let's be honest it was kinda agressiv) yelled "That's a bad idea." at him. If it had been Ziva or Kate he.wouldn't have let them push him that way, at least not without saying more than 'ok' or 'do it'
Somehow I can't place her yet :/ I want ro like her, but the writers.are making it hard for me so far, still I'll give her a chance.
15  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    

clarins
4. RE: new girl
Feb 12 2014, 9:28 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2014, 10:07 PM EST
I guess for me, the problem with the new girl is since she is more like McGee style (although not really). Its been fun to watch how ziva grown as a character from being an assassin into NCIS agent. Emily Wickershaw played her character really well. But I think as a character, Bishop arrival lack of background. For example, ziva came as mossad officer and because of Ari's case she earned Gibbs's trust. However for Bishop, it was a bit rushed and all of a sudden, Gibbs's and his team can accept her. I would like to see more from her than just her analysis ability and quirky personality. maybe her weaknesses?? and for this few episodes, it seems like Gibbs's team become a bit dependent on her. I dont like that. I want the team member to have roles and speciality and not depend on one 10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
5. RE: new girl
Feb 13 2014, 3:43 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 13 2014, 3:43 AM EST
"I guess for me, the problem with the new girl is since she is more like McGee style (although not really). Its been fun to watch how ziva grown as a character from being an assassin into NCIS agent. Emily Wickershaw played her character really well. But I think as a character, Bishop arrival lack of background. For example, ziva came as mossad officer and because of Ari's case she earned Gibbs's trust. However for Bishop, it was a bit rushed and all of a sudden, Gibbs's and his team can accept her. I would like to see more from her than just her analysis ability and quirky personality. maybe her weaknesses?? and for this few episodes, it seems like Gibbs's team become a bit dependent on her. I dont like that. I want the team member to have roles and speciality and not depend on one"
We do know about her background, she was a top analyst from the NSA. The initial episodes have been to introduce her character and at the end of the last episode she was officially made a probationary NCIS agent so no doubt from now on we'll be seeing her treated as one.
2  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
6. RE: new girl
Feb 13 2014, 4:41 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 13 2014, 4:41 AM EST
"I guess for me, the problem with the new girl is since she is more like McGee style (although not really). Its been fun to watch how ziva grown as a character from being an assassin into NCIS agent. Emily Wickershaw played her character really well. But I think as a character, Bishop arrival lack of background. For example, ziva came as mossad officer and because of Ari's case she earned Gibbs's trust. However for Bishop, it was a bit rushed and all of a sudden, Gibbs's and his team can accept her. I would like to see more from her than just her analysis ability and quirky personality. maybe her weaknesses?? and for this few episodes, it seems like Gibbs's team become a bit dependent on her. I dont like that. I want the team member to have roles and speciality and not depend on one"
There have only been about 6 episodes with her. It takes a long time to 'grow' a character. Gibbs and the team didn't accepted Ziva in a short time because of who she was and where she was from. Ellie is an analyst and that's her job to advice the team, especially on the Parsa case.
4  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

clarins
7. RE: new girl
Feb 21 2014, 4:00 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 21 2014, 4:00 AM EST
"We do know about her background, she was a top analyst from the NSA. The initial episodes have been to introduce her character and at the end of the last episode she was officially made a probationary NCIS agent so no doubt from now on we'll be seeing her treated as one."
What I meant was the arrival story was a bit too simple. at least for me
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

clarins
8. RE: new girl
Feb 21 2014, 4:06 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 21 2014, 4:07 AM EST
"There have only been about 6 episodes with her. It takes a long time to 'grow' a character. Gibbs and the team didn't accepted Ziva in a short time because of who she was and where she was from. Ellie is an analyst and that's her job to advice the team, especially on the Parsa case. "
I like how ziva grown throughout the story. but its interesting because she was an israeli mossad officer. in bishop case, she is already good. what i dont like is because Gibbs seems easy to accept her. I think previously the team has been always not welcoming to a new member. but in this case, its a little bit too easy. and btw, i think that they didnt know previously that shes an expert on parsa's case.nevertheless, I cant wait for the new ep to come
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

oldbatpat
9. RE: new girl
Feb 25 2014, 10:45 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2014, 10:47 PM EST
I agree completely with abbysqall. There is no magic with her. I too watch re-runs over and over. I just don't enjoy watching now. I do, because of the other characters, but she spoils it for me. 14  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    

Jeneral28
10. RE: new girl
Mar 8 2014, 12:51 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 8 2014, 12:51 PM EST
it is such a weak argument to call someone to stop watching a show. No one can stop people from watching and commenting. If not again Louise Lombard should have been brought back instead of killed off. 0  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Jeneral28
11. RE: new girl
Mar 8 2014, 12:51 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 8 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Tony used to be far more confident. 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
ny050106sc
ny050106sc
12. RE: new girl
Mar 8 2014, 2:04 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 8 2014, 2:04 PM EST
"it is such a weak argument to call someone to stop watching a show. No one can stop people from watching and commenting. If not again Louise Lombard should have been brought back instead of killed off. "
I personally did not care one way or the other about the Louise Lombard character Macy.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
13. RE: new girl
Mar 8 2014, 3:53 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 8 2014, 3:53 PM EST
"I personally did not care one way or the other about the Louise Lombard character Macy."
Me either. Have barely given her a thought.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
ZivaNotFromKrypton
ZivaNotFromKrypton
14. RE: new girl
Apr 8 2014, 2:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2014, 2:26 AM EDT
No problem with Ellie Bishop, she seems like an organic believable character that has her area of expertise and gets along well with the other characters in the show. I like how she has her quirks and foibles. 6  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

MsSusieQ
15. RE: new girl
Aug 5 2014, 9:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
I agree with you. I just don't think she fits. Of course, Ziva would be next to impossible to replace. She was perfect and even better than Kate ever was. However, this new girl is the worst yet. I agree with you about that stringy blond hair and those super-thick black eyebrows. geez. She is really hard to look at. She looks like a homely teenager. She's too skinny and too small to ever be an "action character". It was much like them using the Asian girl as an agent. The Asian girl was great as a lawyer but not as an agent. There is something about "type" and I just don't think this new girl is the right type. Maybe they were trying to reach a younger audience. They have Gibbs as the old guy. Maybe she's supposed to be extreme contrast. sheesh. I know she's an analyst, which is more like the McGee character. McGee has been the geeky one too long to move him into the hero type and put the new girl in the geeky roll. The show just feels totally different now - just kind of out of sync.

Do they have different writers, too? The stories seem so different with the new girl. It doesn't seem like an action show now. The shows seem slower. They seem to drag and they seem to be more disjointed. Maybe the slower pace is to introduce the new girl. They just don't seem as interesting or riveting as they once were. Maybe it will get better.
7  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
WyattH
WyattH
16. RE: new girl
Aug 5 2014, 9:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Bishop is new. She has enormous potential. Give them time and watch what happens. 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
WyattH
WyattH
17. RE: new girl
Aug 5 2014, 10:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
I totally agree they is lots more coming down the road for Bishop. It takes time! 4  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
18. RE: new girl
Aug 6 2014, 5:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 6 2014, 5:16 AM EDT
"I agree with you. I just don't think she fits. Of course, Ziva would be next to impossible to replace. She was perfect and even better than Kate ever was. However, this new girl is the worst yet. I agree with you about that stringy blond hair and those super-thick black eyebrows. geez. She is really hard to look at. She looks like a homely teenager. She's too skinny and too small to ever be an "action character". It was much like them using the Asian girl as an agent. The Asian girl was great as a lawyer but not as an agent. There is something about "type" and I just don't think this new girl is the right type. Maybe they were trying to reach a younger audience. They have Gibbs as the old guy. Maybe she's supposed to be extreme contrast. sheesh. I know she's an analyst, which is more like the McGee character. McGee has been the geeky one too long to move him into the hero type and put the new girl in the geeky roll. The show just feels totally different now - just kind of out of sync.

Do they have different writers, too? The stories seem so different with the new girl. It doesn't seem like an action show now. The shows seem slower. They seem to drag and they seem to be more disjointed. Maybe the slower pace is to introduce the new girl. They just don't seem as interesting or riveting as they once were. Maybe it will get better."
Bishop was never meant to be the 'action character.' She's an anyalist not a ninja type. She does her job well. I don't see her as a geek either. The show has done well despite Ziva not being there. The show wasn't about just Ziva, its about all of the cast and thats what makes the difference. Season 11 had some good episodes and i think season 12 will be just as good or even better.
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
gibblet
gibblet
19. RE: new girl
Aug 6 2014, 1:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 6 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
"Bishop was never meant to be the 'action character.' She's an anyalist not a ninja type. She does her job well. I don't see her as a geek either. The show has done well despite Ziva not being there. The show wasn't about just Ziva, its about all of the cast and thats what makes the difference. Season 11 had some good episodes and i think season 12 will be just as good or even better."
It can't help but be better because this season they won't have had the rug pulled out from under them in the 11th hour having to come up with a major emergency change on the fly. I don't think they really ever fully found their footing in S11. This year they will have recovered and be afforded the luxury of time to formulate a cohesive game plan with a more gelled cast. Plus they'll have less media and fan drama to divide their focus enabling them to put all their attention on forward momentum.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)