Discussion: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?Reported This is a featured thread This thread was locked for the following reason: (none given).

Showing 81 - 100 of 153  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
as524
as524
80. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 22 2013, 4:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
kill her off in a one car crash due to her awful driving or send her back to Israel to stand trial for Bodnar's murder 3  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

annie921
81. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 22 2013, 7:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
"kill her off in a one car crash due to her awful driving or send her back to Israel to stand trial for Bodnar's murder"
You know - I'm starting to not really care how they write her off. For several seasons I've been wishing we could get off of the Ziva soap opera path and now it looks as though this will be happening. I'm more interested in seeing if the writers can get out of their one dimensional character writing rut - deity Gibbs, idiot Tony, desk bound McGee, baby Abby - with Gibbs paired with everyone, and no one else getting much actual development.. I'm hoping the writers can give Ziva a clean break that doesn't linger or overshadow creating new developments for the remaining characters.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
SilverStar48
SilverStar48
82. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 22 2013, 8:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
I'm hoping it will be a clean break for "Ziva" and that the Agents will get back to the job-at-hand. More action/case solving and less SOAP! 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
McGeek86
McGeek86
83. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 12:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 5:57 AM EDT
"I don't think so. Hailey Murray's tweet said something about the rest of them pulling back and not engaging until or unless Cote chose to make a statement. I think Brian referenced it when he was talking about the harassment he received in his recent radio interview."
The manager of the football team I support was on the receiving end of death threats a couple of years ago and people were wading in with opinions about what he should and shouldn't do or say. Presumably CBS will have security advisors involved as it is not something actors should be left to deal with by themselves. Cote should be advised by professionals as to what is best. Make a statement or don't. These things are not simple and on that basis i'm not keen to paint Cote as the bad guy and don't find speculating that she doesn't care about her co-workers helpful at all.

Even if Cote did make a statement it is likely to make little difference to the those who think they know best even when the person who they are upset on behalf off tell them they are wrong. People like that don't listen. They need to be dealt with by the Police not Cote.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
McGeek86
McGeek86
84. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 1:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 1:22 AM EDT
"Guys, lets hope it all simmers down and NCIS will just sail along with out too many big waves.
Perhaps we can get back more on topic now as there isn't anything we can do about it.
So, who has anymore ideas of how Ziva should be written out. "
I am at this moment in time feeling very sympathetic for the writers. I don't hold back in the "what do you want for season #" threads but am struggling to come up with ideas about how they should do it. The writers would appear to be stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Perhaps they should try and bookend her storyline. She entered NCIS as Ari's handler. Perhaps she should leave as the one being "handled". Didn't Gibbs remark when she reappeared at the start of s3 that Jenny should "send her to the CIA". Perhaps they could find a use for her over there.

There is still the question of who is coming out of the car with Fornell. Someone said earlier wouldn't it be a good bit of drama if it was Ziva coming out of the car. It certainly would though i'm not keen to see Gibbs kill her. I do feel her story needs to be brought to a conclusion but prefer they do not kill her off.
Do you find this valuable?    

bellswebster
85. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 1:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 1:34 AM EDT
I think if it were Ziva in the car, and Gibbs killed her all hell would only break out again. Then we would have a - I hate Gibbs - and once fans take a dislike to him, I feel it would harm the show further. JMO. Do you find this valuable?    
rosecake
rosecake
86. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 1:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 1:38 AM EDT
"Posts #74 - 75 - 76"
Very well said, WW49. I really missed you posts :)
rosecake
rosecake
87. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 2:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 2:20 AM EDT
SPOILER WARNING.

How to write Ziva off?... What about this?
We know three things:
- Parsons (Colin Hanks) will be back on S11, so likely his inverstigation is not closed but only suspended, as they said in SF.
- Parsons knows that Ziva killed Bodnar and that she lied when she told him that the Mossad Deputy Director had fallen down.
- Parsons knows that Ziva waited too long before calling Gibbs and after Eli confessed. So she could be considered an accessory cause in Eli and Jackie's death.

After all of this info are confirmed, NCIS, HSA and the other agencies involved give Ziva a choice: 1. face a trial as an American citizen (but many other bad things could be brought back from her past), or 2. renouce her American citizenship and leave USA with Orli. Once in Israel Ziva gets back to Mossad ad helps Orli to complete Eli's mission.

0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
McGeek86
McGeek86
88. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 3:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 3:15 AM EDT
"SPOILER WARNING.

How to write Ziva off?... What about this?
We know three things:
- Parsons (Colin Hanks) will be back on S11, so likely his inverstigation is not closed but only suspended, as they said in SF.
- Parsons knows that Ziva killed Bodnar and that she lied when she told him that the Mossad Deputy Director had fallen down.
- Parsons knows that Ziva waited too long before calling Gibbs and after Eli confessed. So she could be considered an accessory cause in Eli and Jackie's death.

After all of this info are confirmed, NCIS, HSA and the other agencies involved give Ziva a choice: 1. face a trial as an American citizen (but many other bad things could be brought back from her past), or 2. renouce her American citizenship and leave USA with Orli. Once in Israel Ziva gets back to Mossad ad helps Orli to complete Eli's mission.

"
Well I think we know enough about him to know that he won't be pleased with Gibbs slipping out from under him so he will be determined to make things as difficult as possible.

Irishelf
89. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 4:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 4:48 AM EDT
Bodnar fell-he was not thrown or pushed, therefore Ziva did not kill him intentionally (he most likely lost his footing when Ziva knocked him off her). Those who keep saying Ziva pushed/threw him off the ship really need to watch the scene again-she wasn't near him when he went over the side). That being said, I can still see Parsons going after her. But if I remember correctly the guy from HS said that Gibbs AND his team would be protected if Gibbs did what they asked. I just hope they don't take the easy way out and either kill her off or have her go back to Mossad. I also think it would be better to leave an opening for her return-fans that are considering no longer watching NCIS when she leaves may reconsider if there is at least a chance she'll come back. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
as524
as524
90. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 5:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 5:38 AM EDT
"Bodnar fell-he was not thrown or pushed, therefore Ziva did not kill him intentionally (he most likely lost his footing when Ziva knocked him off her). Those who keep saying Ziva pushed/threw him off the ship really need to watch the scene again-she wasn't near him when he went over the side). That being said, I can still see Parsons going after her. But if I remember correctly the guy from HS said that Gibbs AND his team would be protected if Gibbs did what they asked. I just hope they don't take the easy way out and either kill her off or have her go back to Mossad. I also think it would be better to leave an opening for her return-fans that are considering no longer watching NCIS when she leaves may reconsider if there is at least a chance she'll come back."
the 'official' story is that Bodnar fell....

But then the official story of that guy in the elevator was that his death was due to his medical condition and no one said whether or not it was hastened along by Miss Mossad.

The official story on Jenny was that she died in a fire at her house

The official story on Eli and Jackie was that it was a hit and wasn't preventable

The official story on Bodnar was that ziva wasn't methodically hunting him down yet all knew she was.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
McGeek86
McGeek86
91. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 5:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 5:56 AM EDT
"Bodnar fell-he was not thrown or pushed, therefore Ziva did not kill him intentionally (he most likely lost his footing when Ziva knocked him off her). Those who keep saying Ziva pushed/threw him off the ship really need to watch the scene again-she wasn't near him when he went over the side). That being said, I can still see Parsons going after her. But if I remember correctly the guy from HS said that Gibbs AND his team would be protected if Gibbs did what they asked. I just hope they don't take the easy way out and either kill her off or have her go back to Mossad. I also think it would be better to leave an opening for her return-fans that are considering no longer watching NCIS when she leaves may reconsider if there is at least a chance she'll come back."
Think I could do with a re-watch as I'm struggling to remember where Ziva was when Bodnar went over.

I do remember Vance saying something about a clean slate. However, I do also remember when they were all in the room telling Parsons the good news that the word suspended (as rosecake says above) was used. Of course that could just be an attempt to pacify Parsons by letting him think it will be re-opened once Gibbs returns.
as524
as524
92. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 6:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 6:06 AM EDT
"Think I could do with a re-watch as I'm struggling to remember where Ziva was when Bodnar went over.

I do remember Vance saying something about a clean slate. However, I do also remember when they were all in the room telling Parsons the good news that the word suspended (as rosecake says above) was used. Of course that could just be an attempt to pacify Parsons by letting him think it will be re-opened once Gibbs returns. "
We don't specifically see where ziva was when Bodnar went over....she appears a few seconds later peering over the ship's wall at his body. This is because the fight scene was done by a stunt woman so there was no way to show ziva's close up until they were able to get cdp back in there. Hence the ep will not give a definitive view of exactly what ziva was up to at that moment.
as524
as524
93. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 6:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 6:10 AM EDT
If it's the show's true intent to move on with the story past ziva's departure, then they can not leave any hint of a possibility of a permanent return or a guest visit with the character. The only way for the show to move past the seasons' long hysteria with ziva & the romantic pairing is to make the departure definitively permanent with no hint of a return. Leaving that open as a possibility will only fuel the fires of the wailing and tantrums being thrown all over the internet over cdp's decision.

If the fans are going to leave, then they're going to leave. The show needs to not cater to a base that isn't willing to completely support it.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SilverStar48
SilverStar48
94. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 23 2013, 8:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2013, 8:07 AM EDT
"I think if it were Ziva in the car, and Gibbs killed her all hell would only break out again. Then we would have a - I hate Gibbs - and once fans take a dislike to him, I feel it would harm the show further. JMO."
I thought the hand on the door ... coming out of the car, looked like a man's hand. Couldn't be Ziva.

Irishelf
95. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 24 2013, 2:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 24 2013, 2:29 AM EDT
"We don't specifically see where ziva was when Bodnar went over....she appears a few seconds later peering over the ship's wall at his body. This is because the fight scene was done by a stunt woman so there was no way to show ziva's close up until they were able to get cdp back in there. Hence the ep will not give a definitive view of exactly what ziva was up to at that moment."
Just because a stuntwoman was credited doesn't mean she was used. Cote does most of her own fight scenes/stunts. Plus, the way the scene was cut, it didn't matter if the stunt double was used or not-it showed them fighting then cut to the team arriving and Bodnar falling. So if Ziva pushed or threw him off the side, she would have been right there, not coming to the side!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
rosecake
rosecake
96. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 24 2013, 3:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 24 2013, 3:43 AM EDT
"We don't specifically see where ziva was when Bodnar went over....she appears a few seconds later peering over the ship's wall at his body. This is because the fight scene was done by a stunt woman so there was no way to show ziva's close up until they were able to get cdp back in there. Hence the ep will not give a definitive view of exactly what ziva was up to at that moment."
True, we didn't clearly see what happened, but since the railings of ship are built very high so, in case of a storm, people do not fell over and into the sea, IMO it's pretty obvious that Bodnar was pushed and didn't fell overboard while he was running away, or he'd have fallen on his face and not on his back like it happened.
And even if Bodnar was backing, he'd have slammed into the railing and not fell over it, because you can't back away and run at the same time.

IMO, Ziva didn't wanted only to arrest him. She wanted to kill him.
Or she wouldn't have trained herself for a fight (despite her injuries) and mostly she would have informed her team and go to the ship with them. But she didn't because otherwise Gibbs, Tony and McGee would have tried to stop her.
And more, she didn't shoot Bodnar, or it'd have been clear that she'd gone there with the only porpuse of killing him. So she waitied, engaged a hand to hand fight and, at the first chance, she pushed him over the railings.

This is my POV, based on what they showed on the episode.

I agree with you about the cut scenes and the stunt woman because, after CdP injured her neck during a fight scene, she said that she decided to let professionals do the fighting scenes. Wise! ;)
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
as524
as524
97. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 24 2013, 5:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 24 2013, 5:10 AM EDT
"Just because a stuntwoman was credited doesn't mean she was used. Cote does most of her own fight scenes/stunts. Plus, the way the scene was cut, it didn't matter if the stunt double was used or not-it showed them fighting then cut to the team arriving and Bodnar falling. So if Ziva pushed or threw him off the side, she would have been right there, not coming to the side!"
First - I believe in interviews leading up to this cdp herself admitted to having a stunt woman for this arc

Second - of course it matters if a stunt double was used. It's the reason why there's that little cut in the scene. Same as in Requiem when we see Tony diving into the water from above and then there's the few seconds delay til he's picked up again treading the water with the car in sight. There's no way they could have shown ziva right there at the side of the ship at that instance. As pictures from that 'set visit' show, her double is similar but no where close to an exact match & the difference would have been far too obvious.
as524
as524
98. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 24 2013, 5:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 24 2013, 5:12 AM EDT
"I'd like her character either in prison or returning to Israel and rejoining Mossad. To kill her off would be the easy way out. As to her character leaving to settle down and form a family, well quite frankly I find that (1) a typical chauvinistic kind of attitude, i.e. because she's a female she must automatically want to settle down and have kids, that having a career is for men only unless you're a teacher or nurse; (2) just plain insipid considering it's a feisty character, not to mention it would remove all merit besides being excessively bland and politically correct JMO"
I think the only way that would work is because of cdp wishing that. In many a past interview, she has spoken longingly of wishing the show would give her a romance and the chance to play out that side of ziva's life
as524
as524
99. RE: How would you like Cote/Ziva written out of NCIS?
Jul 24 2013, 5:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 24 2013, 5:15 AM EDT
"
IMO, Ziva didn't wanted only to arrest him. She wanted to kill him.
Or she wouldn't have trained herself for a fight (despite her injuries) and mostly she would have informed her team and go to the ship with them. But she didn't because otherwise Gibbs, Tony and McGee would have tried to stop her.
"
ziva's sole intent from Shiva onward was to kill the one responsible. Otherwise when Tony asked what she needed her response would have been 'justice' and not 'revenge'
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)