Discussion: Mark Harmon leaving NCISReported This is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts

salorch
Mark Harmon leaving NCIS
Mar 16 2013, 1:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
There was a question asked on random threads. Would NCIS finish if anything happened to Mark Harmon? I think it would? Do the writers, producers and fans agree? I think if any of the others in the NCIS family left for any reason we would be up in arms as the whole team of actors make the stories work. But, we would evenually accept them as we all do in all programmea when there are changes. Might not be happy, but that's life on and off the screen. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: NCIS Questions
mlw418
mlw418
1. RE: Mark Harmon leaving NCIS
Mar 16 2013, 1:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
"There was a question asked on random threads. Would NCIS finish if anything happened to Mark Harmon? I think it would? Do the writers, producers and fans agree? I think if any of the others in the NCIS family left for any reason we would be up in arms as the whole team of actors make the stories work. But, we would evenually accept them as we all do in all programmea when there are changes. Might not be happy, but that's life on and off the screen. "
I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean I would want the show to continue, but it would be difficult. Gibbs is what the series and the team revolves around. It would not be the same without him. I think when Mark dies the series does too. I don't want to be mean about it or anything but I think that if and when Mark retires or something happens they would kill him off of the show honorably. After that they would have maybe one or two more episodes to close everything out. It would be very sad, but I think that would be how it would go. Without Mark, some of the fans would stop watching, I know I would. It just wouldn't feel right to watch the show without Mark on it. Like I said before, I don't want to mean, or start a fan argument/war or anything. That's just one guy's opinion.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
2. RE: Mark Harmon leaving NCIS
Mar 16 2013, 4:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Don't feel it appropriate to being saying about Mark dying. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
retiredinlavernia
retiredinlavernia
3. RE: Mark Harmon leaving NCIS
Mar 17 2013, 3:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2013, 3:12 AM EDT
"Don't feel it appropriate to being saying about Mark dying. "
I agree - The conversation would be interesting if phrased more like - Would NCIS go on if Mark Harmon would retire or move on to other projects.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

salorch
4. Re Mark Harmon leaving NCIS
Mar 17 2013, 12:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
"I agree - The conversation would be interesting if phrased more like - Would NCIS go on if Mark Harmon would retire or move on to other projects."
i was Harmon telling the writers and producers half way through the 11th series that he'll do the 12th series. Then he either ays he's retiring or there is soming else he wants to do. At his age he's got another 30yrs at least left. My question is more on the lines of, would he go out with a bang and would the programme continue without him? I think not. Mind you if he left i would lke to think a third of the way through the series he find the injurwd wifw of a dead retired marine was known to him. Not well, but enough for him to join her and her family and the series ended with them getting married and living happily ever after. I'm an incutable romantic and I want every one to be happy. Before every one says life isn't fair I found that out soon enough when I started nursing. But still am stil enough of an opptomist to want people to be well and happy. i can live in my own little world and dream!!!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
5. RE: Re Mark Harmon leaving NCIS
Mar 17 2013, 7:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
I think a new character to replace Gibbs would have to be an established part time person and liked by fans before he left. Tony could take over and they could get another Agent to replace him, leave McGee where he stands. I think Borin would fit in nicely. But of course no one could replace Gibbs in my mind. I think we are safe to say that "Gibbs" will be around for quite sometime yet. I reckon there is several more years that he could be played. This would take us to season 17. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
stewpot01
stewpot01
6. RE: Re Mark Harmon leaving NCIS
Mar 18 2013, 1:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2013, 1:41 AM EDT
I think if he did leave the show then it would be on a par with William Petersen leaving CSI and that show has gone downhill since he did - with the exception of Lawrence Fishburn giving it a lift.
But as he does not appear to be leaving the show any time soon I don't really see the point of the thread in the first place.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)