Discussion: Gibbs/PalomaReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

jbmp1390
Gibbs/Paloma
Feb 16 2013, 7:48 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 16 2013, 7:48 PM EST
So I've only gotten into this show recently but I really love it. I recently finished season 7 and started season 8 so I'm just about at the conclusion of the story arc involving Gibbs and Paloma Reynosa/Alejandro Rivera. I have a question. It's dumb but it's been bugging me. I understand that Paloma had a vendetta against Gibbs due to him killing her father, Pedro Hernandez. I understand her hating Gibbs for murdering her father, but her dad did murder Gibbs' wife and CHILD daughter. Was she unaware of what her father did to Gibbs? I get why she hated him but throughout the entire story arc their is no reference made to the possibility of Paloma at least understanding why Gibbs would kill her father, even though she'd obviously never be okay with it. I understand that she's a ruthless cartel leader but she still seemed to be intelligent and capable of logic. I would have liked for there to have been some small part where either Paloma or Alejandro acknowledged what their father did to Gibbs and therefore understood why Gibbs murdered him. It just makes no sense to me that these two have it out for Gibbs so bad and hate him so much for what he did to their father, yet they have ZERO ability to be like "well our dad did murder his wife and CHILD in cold blood so it's understandable why the guy wanted revenge. Just wondered if I missed any reference to Paloma and Alejandro knowing what their father did to Gibbs and therefore being semi-logical and at least admitting that Gibbs did have a pretty good reason for doing what he did. Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: gibbs
a_giblet
a_giblet
1. RE: Gibbs/Paloma
Feb 19 2013, 4:07 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 19 2013, 4:07 PM EST
In the eyes of a criminal, from what I've seen, all rational thought goes out the window Paloma Reynosa and Alejandro Rivera don't care that their dad killed someone, all they care about was that he was killed. In their eyes, Gibbs killed their father who, in their estimation, was a good man. Why they didn't try what you're saying in the episodes is beyond me, but they didn't and it would have been nice if someone had brought up to them that their daddy was a cold blooded murderer. It wouldn't have changed anything, they would have still avenged their father's death under any circumstances. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)