Discussion: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To KnowReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 42  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next
#1hotchfan
#1hotchfan
Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 28 2012, 5:05 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2012, 5:05 AM EST
Another new episode for Jethro and the Gibblets! Lets get this chatter started! Do you find this valuable?    
ny050106sc
ny050106sc
1. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 28 2012, 3:13 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2012, 3:13 PM EST
"Another new episode for Jethro and the Gibblets! Lets get this chatter started!"
Ok, McGee committing forgery, now I've seen everything. Tony going gaga for a pretty girl no news there. Probie agent being gay ok,, forgetting his gun he deserves a Gibbs head slap and getting handcuffed in the ladies bathroom, Tony would have never let him for get it, good thing McGee was there instead, however I think McGee was enjoying being the SF agent even if it was just for a few hours.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

nevermissncis
2. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 28 2012, 3:25 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2012, 3:25 PM EST
I liked it. Team work. You knew Gibbs would beat them and get the guy with the car..but that is old school NCIS\Gibbs. The new guy..no gun. I saw that coming. I hope Leon is not leaving. I liked Gibbs and Vance working together like they used to. It went fast for me. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Willow22
3. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 28 2012, 3:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Didn't they say that Dorneget (dressed as Gibbs) made out with Susan Grady (dressed as a nun) at the Halloween party? That's quite a cover story. . .or he was REALLY drunk, LOL.

I wonder if something will come up later about Tony's evidence locker signature card going missing? It just seems suspicious.

6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
ffemt53
ffemt53
4. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 28 2012, 5:09 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2012, 5:09 PM EST
I think that this is 1 more peice to the season ending. we still have the Barrett microchip device that the prime suspect who was caught Episode 9.12 was threating Gibbs that they know about him and Mexico. Now this one with the Gun runner... I think these two will resurface in the season ending. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
ncisprobie
ncisprobie
5. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 28 2012, 7:05 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2012, 7:05 PM EST
I think they gave up on the Barrett microchip plot once they captured Scott Wolf, but I think you are right about the Mexico story - I don't think that one is going away, especially if we are led to believe Gibbs killed the wrong guy in Mexico (which was what I got out of that).

By the way - was anyone else bothered by the makeup in this episode? There was a little too much lip liner on Gibbs - but only in the squad room. Sorry, I was very distracted by it!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bellswebster
6. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 28 2012, 7:42 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2012, 7:42 PM EST
"I think they gave up on the Barrett microchip plot once they captured Scott Wolf, but I think you are right about the Mexico story - I don't think that one is going away, especially if we are led to believe Gibbs killed the wrong guy in Mexico (which was what I got out of that).

By the way - was anyone else bothered by the makeup in this episode? There was a little too much lip liner on Gibbs - but only in the squad room. Sorry, I was very distracted by it!"
His lips...or the liner...LOL...

Irishelf
7. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 29 2012, 3:00 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 29 2012, 3:00 AM EST
I thought the plot was horrible, but I did like that it was more a team episode. Anybody else tired of the bad guy being let go, especially when NCIS is ordered to let them go? I really hope they don't bring up the Mexico thing again-it was bad enough the first time! 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
ncisno1
ncisno1
8. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 29 2012, 4:19 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 29 2012, 4:19 AM EST
“Need to Know" Insiders Blog
http://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/insiders_blog/84187/

The genesis of this episode was the return of NCIS Probationary Agent Ned Dorneget, played by Matt L. Jones. “Dorney” was introduced in this year’s episode “Sins of the Father,” where he had the duty of “babysitting” Anthony DiNozzo, Sr., a murder suspect. The cast and crew found the actor and his character charming and funny, and Gary Glasberg asked us to write an episode teaming him up with former probie Timothy McGee.

Curiously, the director of the episode, Michelle MacLaren, was new to “NCIS” but had worked with Matt on several episodes of “Breaking Bad,” a show on which she functions as co-executive producer. Working with Michelle was a pleasure. She arrived well-versed in “NCIS” and knew the characters and their peccadilloes. And, to be sure, Dorney will be returning in episodes to come.

In constructing the story, we needed a “heavy” and recalled an NCIS nemesis who had appeared in two previous episodes (“Broken Arrow” and “Kill Screen”). Agah Bayar, played smoothly and mysteriously by Tamer Hassan, makes a great foil for Gibbs and the team.

While the shoot went smoothly…there was one unexpected moment. In the middle of a take in the autopsy room, R.J. Wagner walked into the shot to surprise Mark Harmon, David McCallum, and the actor playing a body on the table. He was “in the neighborhood” and dropped by for lunch. It’s a shot sure to make this year’s gag reel – and R.J. is a beloved presence on set, whether he’s in the episode or not!

Frank Cardea & George Schenck
Executive Producers
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

nevermissncis
9. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Feb 29 2012, 1:36 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 29 2012, 1:36 PM EST
I think sometimes I am too critical of this wonderful show. There was an episode this year and Recoil that I was really disappointed in. Sometimes, you can see it coming..like Gibbs getting ahead of Ziva and Tony and getting the guy with the car. I
liked it, classic Gibbs. Compare this tremendous show that never seems to win awards but beats other shows in the ratings. Pauley was on Letterman last night and commented on how great a real team the NCIS cast really is. Please know I am not trying to be off topic but just sharing my thoughts on yet another episode that is so much better than most of what is on network TV. And I look forward to our new Probie-gay-good twist.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
retiredinlavernia
retiredinlavernia
10. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 1 2012, 12:45 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2012, 12:45 AM EST
"I think that this is 1 more peice to the season ending. we still have the Barrett microchip device that the prime suspect who was caught Episode 9.12 was threating Gibbs that they know about him and Mexico. Now this one with the Gun runner... I think these two will resurface in the season ending."
I wonder about the micro chip deal and how it relates to the new SecNav also. Other things that need to be resolved include Abby's biological parents and there have been more than one hint that Vance is leaving the show including this weeks episode. I do not like Vance and would not mind if he went on his way but then team Gibbs wouild have to break in another director.
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
11. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 1 2012, 5:39 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2012, 5:40 AM EST
To be honest I quite enjoyed this episode! Lots of Team work, great humor, loved Ned Dorniget (no idea how to spell his name...)

The Autopsy/Interrogation scene was seemed a little out of control to me...but not in a bad way! It was very amusing to watch! It just feels like the reserve that kinda of crazy behavior for really bad criminals....not that the guy wasn't bad, he was a murderer after all, but usually they save that interrogation technique for serial killers and terrorists...imo

Hehe Ziva being nervous about giving a speech was funny :) Lots of great Ziva scenes in this episode, which always goes over well with me :) Tony drooling over a pretty girl was typical but in character. But one of the highlights in this episode was EASILY when Tony and Abby tried out their British accents :D Me and my sister could not stop cracking up! And we thought OUR British accents were bad....lol

Probably the main thing that got me extremely happy about this episode was their were lots of McGoo scenes! It was priceless seeing him get to boss around a probie :) And he has his own set of rules too...can't wait to hear more of them :D And McAbby jealousy always makes me happy :) So over all I thought this episode was fantastic! One of my faves this season...
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
bagpuss2
bagpuss2
12. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 1 2012, 6:04 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2012, 6:04 AM EST
Good to see that Ned's back, and what a refreshing change to see Gibbs cut the "Newbie" some slack so early on. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
ny050106sc
ny050106sc
13. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 1 2012, 7:21 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2012, 7:22 AM EST
I got a chuckle out of Gibbs telling Tony that he was not going to pick up the "british model" and Tony reaction sitting in his chair clutching his bag. Reminded me of a spoiled little boy. I am not saying that Tony is it just reminded me of one. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
14. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 5 2012, 2:07 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2012, 2:07 AM EST
"Ok, McGee committing forgery. Tony going gaga for a pretty girl no news there. Probie agent forgetting his gun and getting handcuffed in the ladies bathroom, Tony would have never let him for get it, good thing McGee was there instead,"
Everything you pointed out is exactly why I disliked this episode, even though I was glad to see more McGee and Dorney.

Tony does not usually go gaga about women. Sure, he admires them, flirts with them, etc. but since when does he go running into Abby's lab to find out her name? Or Gibbs telling him he can't go pick up the girl, like he wouldn't be professional about it, when Tony has always been professional even when eyeing up the ladies? It smacks of season 7 and let's make fun of Tony.

And if that wasn't bad enough, then we get McGee really looking stupid as well. Who tells an unarmed Probie to go watch the person they are supposed to be watching. Should McGee really have trusted Dorney once he realized the guy couldn't even remember his gun? If it had been Tony or Ziva, I'm sure they would have made Dorney pump the gas and they would have watched the woman.

It's not really a good thing that McGee was with him, because now McGee is covering up the fact that he and Dorney lost the woman, and Dorney has talked him into it. Really? McGee knows better and he's the senior agent in that case. I think they made McGee look stupid just to get some laughs - again, nothing I like to see.

As for McGee committing forgery, I have a feeling that's going to come back and bite him or Tony in the butt. McGee should never have forged anything with Tony's signature - much less something as important as an evidence card. Tony was refusing to sign the card for a reason - he wanted to know what happened to the old one, and who could blame him.

All in all, another episode where both Tony and McGee look silly - and I am not a fan of that.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

nevermissncis
15. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 5 2012, 4:35 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2012, 4:35 AM EST
Did anyone hear Abby mention the 16 year old she met at Mensa camp? I always figured she was a member. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
codename:mara
codename:mara
16. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 5 2012, 9:27 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2012, 9:27 AM EST
What i most dislike about CBS is that they dont rebroadcast new episodes. If any one has an online link can you inbox me? Do you find this valuable?    
Tuvok101
Tuvok101
17. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 5 2012, 1:12 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2012, 1:12 PM EST
"What i most dislike about CBS is that they dont rebroadcast new episodes. If any one has an online link can you inbox me?"
Here, in Canada, NCIS is broadcast un the Global TV network.
They have a page where you can view the last couple episodes.

http://www.globaltv.com/ncis/video/index.html#ncis/video

I don't know it it"ll work for you, though.
Do you find this valuable?    
Tuvok101
Tuvok101
18. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 5 2012, 1:14 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2012, 1:14 PM EST
NIce top see Gibbs trusts McGee enough to let him be the "senior field agent" with a "probie" 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

bellswebster
19. RE: Chat about episode 9.17 Need To Know
Mar 5 2012, 2:13 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2012, 2:13 PM EST
"NIce top see Gibbs trusts McGee enough to let him be the "senior field agent" with a "probie""
Yes, some fans were asking for a McGee field agent episode and they got one.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)