Discussion: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 61 - 80 of 109  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
think1959
think1959
60. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 6:45 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 6:45 AM EDT
I didn't really understand the scene with Stratton, Tony and Rachel. OK, so Tony is in a hospital room with a woman - if Stratton had really wanted to kill Tony, wouldn't he have just taken them both out since he seemed to have no problem in taking out 3 NCIS agents in the alley - even though Tony and apparently EJ had their vests on. Just weird that he would leave without finishing the mission - it wasn't like Tony was surrounded by guards or anything. And I just felt that something was off with the handshake thing between him and Tony Too suspicious of little things I guess.

In answer to your question Just my take on it. He was expecting Tony to be alone, then realized that Tony did not recognize him. When he shook Tony's hand he was expecting a reaction from him since he was the shooter.
Then Rachel said she was calling Gibbs. Time to duck and run before he was caught in the room.
Again this is just my opinion.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

IslandMarci
61. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 8:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 8:34 AM EDT
I totally agree...that scene in the hosp was odd and awkward, like Stratton maybe planted something in Tony's hand??? Another microchip?

Also--and I know this is an oddball question but I get so caught up in details--did anyone else notice something funny about McGee's voice? Different? Husky? Is something going on?

And one more...I also hope that NCIS doesn't go totally "dark" meaning I like the interaction that is fast, clever, and as someone else said, "Grab your gear." I've seen some shows get really dark with their plots to grab the audience (i.e. Grey's Anaotomy with its shoot 'em up episode, then the singing episode!!!) so I hope NCIS stays true to its great premise, actors and writing.
Do you find this valuable?    

nevermissncis
62. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 8:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 8:34 AM EDT
"Boo, I was hoping Palmer would be in the credits this year. Oh, well, at least there were some nice new pictures of Tony. He looks nice this year ;).

Am I the only one who caught the part at the end where they said EJ hadn't been killed? I'm sure that'll be a storyline later on.

While I liked this episode, I thought it was a bit disjointed. I'm sure it's hard to pack 4 months into 43 minutes, especially switching back and forth from May to now like they were. I think I have to watch it a few more times to figure out what's going on. I did think the actors' performances were excellent, I just think I've had enough of this storyline.

I'm getting tired of espionage, secret spy ships, covert ops, etc., I'd prefer to get back to "grab your gear; there's a dead Marine at Rock Creek Park". I hope the rest of the season is less "spy-ish"."
I like the grab your gear stuff too. CSI has kept with their format forever with just small things and it has been on forever.
Kale was found elsewhere -dead-and EJ is missing so she may be dead---still hoping. Most was with the 4-5-6 seasons I agree with the other post

nevermissncis
63. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 8:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
"I like the grab your gear stuff too. CSI has kept with their format forever with just small things and it has been on forever.
Kale was found elsewhere -dead-and EJ is missing so she may be dead---still hoping. Most was with the 4-5-6 seasons I agree with the other post"
ForgotPalmer should be in the credits--Hawaii 50 just added their ME. Now I know Ducky is the big dog but Palmer is a great asset with his comments and storyline-Brianna etc
toyontoots
toyontoots
64. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 9:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
Brian Dietzen was mentioned in the credits ... "Also Starring Brian Dietzen" or similar words. Do you find this valuable?    
toyontoots
toyontoots
65. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 9:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 9:16 AM EDT
Also, What was the question asked at the end, by the head of Phantom Eight to Stratton: "Is _____ still alive? I replayed it several times and I cannot figure out what he said. Do you find this valuable?    
AnSop
AnSop
66. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 9:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
Remember the beginning where Rachel tells Tony that she knows quite a lot? She mentions "a kid in Baltimore". Thoughts about that? Do you find this valuable?    
bagpuss2
bagpuss2
67. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 9:45 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
Would have to agree with the majority here that this season opener was way better that the last.

The "Phantom 8" organisation looking set to really test the team's mettle over the coming months, and that can only be a good thing in terms of dramatic opportunitys for great episodes.

The more powerful the enemy, the harder the battle.
ncisno1
ncisno1
68. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 9:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
"Also, What was the question asked at the end, by the head of Phantom Eight to Stratton: "Is _____ still alive? I replayed it several times and I cannot figure out what he said."
Latham says "is the girl still missing?"
Stratton replies "unfortunately"
Latham - "Find her"
Stratton - "I will".
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
JimHribar
JimHribar
69. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 10:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 10:01 AM EDT
I saw on the internet a new lead in for the cast and it included Palmer (Brian Dietzen) in the main cast. Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
70. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 10:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
"Would have to agree with the majority here that this season opener was way better that the last.

The "Phantom 8" organisation looking set to really test the team's mettle over the coming months, and that can only be a good thing in terms of dramatic opportunitys for great episodes.

The more powerful the enemy, the harder the battle."
For me yesterday's premiere was one of the best, it was like in earlier seasons where you had to pick up on the small points, often unsaid to work out was going on, was going to happen, etc.
I'm really looking forward to the forthcoming eps
bagpuss2
bagpuss2
71. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 10:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 10:26 AM EDT
What I like too is that, unlike the very rushed at year's end,"P2P" killer arc last season, they've set this one up right at the start, giving it plenty of time to breathe and build to something that is bound to be huge . Yet still allowing for the "Dead Marine " investigative storylines, the character-centric episodes, as well as The "Tom Clancey" stuff, to be spread more evenly across the year as a whole. Do you find this valuable?    

surlymoe
72. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 10:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 10:29 AM EDT
OK so, many long awaited answers were told, but in a 1 hour time span, it created more questions!!!

Here are my questions:
1. So Cade was who SecNav thought was "the mole" in NCIS since the end of season 8, correct? But, was he? I mean, he kept saying someone was chasing him, and when he was found in the alley (which, I've seen that alley set in many an apeisode of NCIS), he was texted by Stratton, not EJ or Tony for that matter. That means he was NOT in on this, or was he? If he was NOT in on anything to do with the microchip, then why would SecNav have Tony take care of him??

2. I got really confused with the flashback/flash forward parts. If Tony in the hospital was present day, then why wouldn't they just go ask SecNav directly what was going on? Instead of trying to figure it out like McGee, Ziva and Gibbs, just go to the source who knows? That to me didn't make sense. Maybe SecNav would not read in Gibbs, but wasn't Vance read in? Vance would tell Gibbs, wouldn't he?

3. Who the hell are these Latham and Stratton guys? And how are they on billion dollar ships selling these microchips for "top dollar"?

4. Am I right in saying Gibbs retreived the chip EJ got from Levin, and the other chip from the guy who died in SecNav's arms, gave the chips to Secnav, then Secnav gave the chips to Latham, who in turn is soon going to sell the chips to the highest terrorist bidder?

5. Did we find out exactly what doors these chips open up? I mean, any door that requires some crazy microchip to open is still goign to have mad security around it, so how would the terrorist get in anyway?

6. Though CIRay was mentioned, he was not in this episode. Neither was Kort. How do these microchips factor in to that storyline?

7. Decker's insurance policy. Is that goign to have whatever needs to tie storylines together for the writers?

Antusia
73. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 10:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
When Tony is talking to Rachel in "A man walks into a bar", he says something like "I almost lost that kid in Baltimore". But there is nothing more mentioned about that... I hope it'll be explained soon... Do you find this valuable?    

surlymoe
74. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 10:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
By the way, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am reading people talk about they'd rather have 1 episode story lines like "it used to be". First of all, outside of maybe the 1st season, every season has some sort of running storyline. Let's see if my memory serves me correctly, but at the end of season 2, Kate gets shot, and teh story continued 2 episodes in season 3. Honestly the story continues completely through the present. Season 3 finale and subsequent season 4 beginning was Gibbs leaving. Season 4 ending/season 5 all season was the La Groinielle. End of season 5 was the loss of Jenny shephard, which went into season 6, season 6 dealt with Vance taking over, and Ziva getting in trouble at the end and beginning of season7, and ended with Gibbs history of Pedro Hernandez. and season 8 dealt mostly with P-2-P killer. So every season pretty much has a running storyline. PErsonally, I like this "espionage" angle. Reminds me of "the frog" episodes, which were usually good. Sure I'll take a "chimera", "heartland" or "requiem", but give me challenging storylines., movie-quality stuff that most shows don't even dare to try. That's what makes NCIS so successful in my eyes. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Coffeeaddict
75. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 11:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
download the episodes from a torrent site, there are uploaded a few hours after they are sended in the US. I do the same because I am in Greece. Good luck! Do you find this valuable?    
heltzi
heltzi
76. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 11:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
I just watched the latest episode online. I loved it! Very good (and weird) episode intro season. The language barrier between English and Finnish caused some confusion, but it remains something worth the wait Finland episode. I can not wait for next week's episode.

But something funny happened also during the period: I started to like to EJ. Last season I didn't like her. If I understand correctly, he can not avoid to see anymore. :(

But hopefully 8 season DVD box Finnish subtitles should be before the new period, so I could get even more out of future episodes. And maybe enjoy to se EJ alive :)

Coffeeaddict
77. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 11:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
"Ahhh I am in the middle of watching it on vureel. :D :D :D I am waiting for more Tiva. SHE TAPS HIM ON THE LIPS WITH A PENCIL!

The new secnav is a bit of a ***** but oh well.

When Ziva got her badge I wanted her and Tony to hug but the writers are emotionally lacking. "
The new secnav is more than a bit of a****. I think there is something fishy with him going on & Gibbs seems to have more than just his gut feeling about that, now there are two guys I don't trust a bit Vance and the new secnav, this will be an interesting season...
13NCISgirl
13NCISgirl
78. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 11:31 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Awesome way to start off the season!!!!!!!!!! :) Do you find this valuable?    

Irishelf
79. RE: Chat about the season 9 Premiere here!
Sep 21 2011, 11:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
I wonder if the female friend in Central America that Ziva mentioned is the one they talked about in the spoilers. The new secnav seems just as slimy as the old one! Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last