Discussion: Official Season 9 Spoiler DiscussionReported This is a featured thread This thread was locked for the following reason: (none given).

Showing 41 - 60 of 421  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
Lyndissa
Lyndissa
40. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 22 2011, 7:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Link for previous spoiler.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/22/ncis-casting/
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
le_bibliothecaire
le_bibliothecaire
41. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 27 2011, 4:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 27 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
"Lily Tomlin cast as McGee's grandmother

Meeting the team’s family is always a gas on NCIS, and this latest bit of casting is no exception. We’re about to meet a very special member of Special Agent Timothy McGee’s family in season nine of the CBS drama, which begins Sept. 20. And the newest member of the family tree is…

Lily Tomlin!

The veteran TV actor will follow in the footsteps of Ralph Waite (who played Gibbs’ dad) and Robert Wagner (DiNozzo’s pa!) to depict Penelope, McGee’s grandmother. She’ll show up in the early fall. “We are very excited to have the gifted Lily Tomlin join us to play McGee’s grandmother,” says NCIS exec producer Gary Glasberg. ”We know she’ll bring extraordinary heart and pathos and humor to the show and the cast and crew are thrilled to have her. But don’t let the word grandmother fool you. Penelope is sharp as a tack and we’re about to learn some things about McGee’s family that have never been revealed.”

"
From PP on Twitter today:

"PauleyP Pauley Perrette
Was with the AMAZING LEGEND Lily Tomlin today. #LOVE http://twitpic.com/5wwjan

Must be filming at least part of the McGee's Granny episode now.
Do you find this valuable?    
rosecake
rosecake
42. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 28 2011, 5:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 28 2011, 5:16 AM EDT
"From PP on Twitter today:

"PauleyP Pauley Perrette
Was with the AMAZING LEGEND Lily Tomlin today. #LOVE http://twitpic.com/5wwjan

Must be filming at least part of the McGee's Granny episode now."
Thank you, le_bibliothecaire!

Too bad that they do not shoot in order. I'm really curious to meet Tim's grandmother. I don't know why but I've got the feeling that McGee will be funnily a bit imbarrassed.
Toki-chan
Toki-chan
43. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 28 2011, 6:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 28 2011, 6:12 AM EDT
OH, I expect McGee Grandmother to be a strong willed woman like Sarah, who will definitely end up embarrassed. I wouldn't expect anything else from his family. I'm kinda excited now. :D 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Aine24
44. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 28 2011, 6:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 28 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
The person Tony has to investigate will be Ray. It will be a repeat of the same situation before. He has to prove Ziva's love interest is a bad guy, again. That' why he had that look on his face. He doesn't want to do it again. But, this time they will get together. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
FieldOfficeNugget
FieldOfficeNugget
45. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 28 2011, 9:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 28 2011, 9:01 PM EDT
"In the US one of the major concerns is border policy and Arizona in recent months was the centre of attention because of conservative politicians.
"
Not sure what any of this has to do with NCIS.

While the show certainly takes it's fair share of creative license in regards to the real NCIS mission, involving border control and immigration is beyond what the actual agency is involved in.
le_bibliothecaire
le_bibliothecaire
46. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 29 2011, 9:42 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 29 2011, 9:42 AM EDT
"The person Tony has to investigate will be Ray. It will be a repeat of the same situation before. He has to prove Ziva's love interest is a bad guy, again. That' why he had that look on his face. He doesn't want to do it again. But, this time they will get together."
Sorry, but the new SecNav told Vance and Tony that the person Tony will be investigating is an NCIS agent. Ray is CIA :)
le_bibliothecaire
le_bibliothecaire
47. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 29 2011, 11:17 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 29 2011, 11:17 AM EDT
"Not sure what any of this has to do with NCIS.

While the show certainly takes it's fair share of creative license in regards to the real NCIS mission, involving border control and immigration is beyond what the actual agency is involved in."
Not to mention the fact that, the more characters from different agencies that they introduce into the mix, the less screen time our regulars will receive. I'm always up for another Fornell episode, but none of his scenes feel forced and his scenes flow well regardless of which actor/character he's appearing on screen with, so he doesn't seem to infringe so much on the team as much as blend in. Regardless, I, personally would like to see more episodes that focus on the team, as they did in earlier seasons.
WeCANLive
WeCANLive
48. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 29 2011, 11:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 29 2011, 11:52 PM EDT
Obviously you are not as informed as what is going on... An ideal series like NCIS can make this as an awareness by doing a subject related to immigration policies. Writers have a responsibility and they can impact on the lives of Americans and perhaps others in other countries with strict immigration policies. Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
49. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 30 2011, 12:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
"Obviously you are not as informed as what is going on... An ideal series like NCIS can make this as an awareness by doing a subject related to immigration policies. Writers have a responsibility and they can impact on the lives of Americans and perhaps others in other countries with strict immigration policies."
Thats a good idea WeCanLive. Something different.
bellswebster
bellswebster
50. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 30 2011, 12:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 12:53 AM EDT
Gary Glasberg has already said there will be more team work together this season.
I don't mind others from other agencies coming into a few of the episodes. Its only natural to have other agencies etc. come into it on occassions. It would be strange to never cross paths from time to time with others in such a big agency. I liked the PtoP serial killer episodes with another team helping out.
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
51. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 30 2011, 2:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 2:40 AM EDT
"Obviously you are not as informed as what is going on... An ideal series like NCIS can make this as an awareness by doing a subject related to immigration policies. Writers have a responsibility and they can impact on the lives of Americans and perhaps others in other countries with strict immigration policies."
Can we leave sensitive subjects out of this, after all, we're talking about a series for entertainment not a documentary. Thank you for your comprehension
ncisfan1002
ncisfan1002
52. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 30 2011, 12:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
Pauley Perrette tweeted a TwitPic of the season 9 title "Restless", I'm just not sure if it's the first episode or not... For sure, an episode of season 9 is called "Restless", it's all I have to say Do you find this valuable?    
WeCANLive
WeCANLive
53. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 30 2011, 2:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Perhaps you have not focus much on the issues in every of the episodes... Pretty much American series, whether its NCIS or various drama series there is always some sort of connotation to it. The idea is not totally educational (or like you say "documentary" but the dimension has some social affect to it. If you are not aware of American current affairs you may not think about it. One very popular current affair topic in most investigative dramas is terrorism and it can be interpreted in many ways. And in 8 seasons of NCIS most of the current affairs are covered some are more detail some are less. Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
54. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 30 2011, 2:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
"Pauley Perrette tweeted a TwitPic of the season 9 title "Restless", I'm just not sure if it's the first episode or not... For sure, an episode of season 9 is called "Restless", it's all I have to say"
It's episode 2 of S9. Apparently they're shooting out of synch
WeCANLive
WeCANLive
55. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 31 2011, 3:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 31 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Great... Perhaps I can get a peek at it as well... Please can I have the TwitPic address? TY Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
56. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 31 2011, 10:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 31 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
"Great... Perhaps I can get a peek at it as well... Please can I have the TwitPic address? TY"
We have it in the photo gallery in the album Behind the Scenes S9
WeCANLive
WeCANLive
57. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Jul 31 2011, 11:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 31 2011, 11:52 PM EDT
OK Sorgina thanks. Do you find this valuable?    
rosecake
rosecake
58. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Aug 2 2011, 11:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 3 2011, 4:14 AM EDT
I don't know if this is a good news...

Question: Any scoop about the new NCIS season? I'm dying to know if there's something new, something big! - Victoria.

Ausiello: Is a new agent big enough for you? Though he won't be a series regular, the show is adding to the roster a new recurring character, a potentially deadly Fed named Stratton.

A new recurring character? So less screen-time for our heroes... mmm... I don't like that...

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/ask-ausiello-scoop-on-greys-the-office-csi-ny-bones-vampire-diaries-chuck-and-more/#more-236979
WeCANLive
WeCANLive
59. RE: Official Season 9 Spoiler Discussion
Aug 3 2011, 4:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 3 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Focussing away from the main characters always have a flaw to it. The dynamics do not focus on what this will do for the show but mainly in many episodes the focus is always about something contrary. And rosecake I definitely agree with you that a new recurring character will mess up the show. Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)