Discussion: New cast additionReported This is a featured thread

Showing 10 posts

nolongerfan
New cast addition
Mar 31 2011, 2:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
What a waste. This is not Glenn Close or Meryl Streep being intro'd, just a bit player. Too much hype trying to ramp up viewer interest. New female not attractive, not enticing as addition to a solid cast. Lost interest with Vance character. Too clueless and self-centered. I'm gone. 8  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    
moonpipper
moonpipper
1. RE: New cast addition
Dec 15 2013, 11:18 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 15 2013, 11:18 PM EST
I agree with you what a waste and the rating are proving it. Marvels SHIELD did better in the ratings than NCIS. Ellie Bishop what NCIS does not need a one person know it all that is the only person smart enough to salve each episode. Sorry I don't want to wait for her to com around I am already very tired of her and the new Secretary of Navy give me a break. Lets cut the losses and move on and get new cast to replace them. Up until this season I have liked all of the cast on the show other than Vance he is okay is about all I can say about him. I just hope the show has not jumped the shark that would be a shame. I hope that they can turn it around. 7  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
2. RE: New cast addition
Dec 16 2013, 3:57 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2013, 3:57 AM EST
"I agree with you what a waste and the rating are proving it. Marvels SHIELD did better in the ratings than NCIS. Ellie Bishop what NCIS does not need a one person know it all that is the only person smart enough to salve each episode. Sorry I don't want to wait for her to com around I am already very tired of her and the new Secretary of Navy give me a break. Lets cut the losses and move on and get new cast to replace them. Up until this season I have liked all of the cast on the show other than Vance he is okay is about all I can say about him. I just hope the show has not jumped the shark that would be a shame. I hope that they can turn it around."
Actually NCIS is still way ahead of ratings than SHIELD in its time slot.
8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

AuthorAuthor
3. RE: New cast addition
Dec 18 2013, 12:40 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2013, 12:40 AM EST
Not very impressed with new female cast addition -- Ziva's replacement. Really miss Ziva, but very glad you didn't kill her. You need to find someone as charismatic as Ziva, as athletic, interesting, exciting, and funny. We don't need another geek, innocent but sort of clueless brainiac, newbie, or married person on the show. I also agree that Vance is a non-character. Nothing much interesting about him except that he used to be a fighter, loves his kids, and lets Gibbs do his thing. We still love the show: Gibbs is super great, Abby awesome, Tony fun, McGee nice geek, Ducky elegant, even Jimmy green but growing -- are a really great team. Just find someone else for Ziva, please. 5  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
ny050106sc
ny050106sc
4. RE: New cast addition
Dec 18 2013, 3:58 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2013, 3:58 AM EST
I have to disagree with all these post, I like the new character. I personally liked Ziva but I do not want another character like her. I find Bishop refreshing. 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
5. RE: New cast addition
Dec 18 2013, 5:22 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2013, 5:22 AM EST
"I have to disagree with all these post, I like the new character. I personally liked Ziva but I do not want another character like her. I find Bishop refreshing. "
I think we need new characters who are unlike previous characters to bring a breath of fresh air and not simply replace an empty space.
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
phyllisbanks
phyllisbanks
6. RE: New cast addition
Dec 19 2013, 2:45 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2013, 2:45 PM EST
I must say that I was bored watching the last episode. This Bishop is too predictable, too quirky, and too generic looking to fit it. The group is no longer diverse or interesting. NCIS is now just another show of look-alikes. The chemistry between Bishop and the group seems to be lacking. I hope she doesn't stay.......... 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rosicake
Rosicake
7. RE: New cast addition
Dec 19 2013, 4:10 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2013, 4:10 PM EST
I really like Bishop and I'm so happy she arrived.
It seems she, Gibbs, Tony and McGee have been working together for years. Great chemistry and funny banter/scenes without mean jokes.
Bishop and EW are a breath of fresh air and NCIS really needed it.
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
a_giblet
a_giblet
8. RE: New cast addition
Dec 19 2013, 4:30 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2013, 4:30 PM EST
"I have to disagree with all these post, I like the new character. I personally liked Ziva but I do not want another character like her. I find Bishop refreshing. "
I have to agree with your post, NY. If I wanted a CdP wanna be, I'd say bring in the actress who played Liat in "Enemies Foreign" and "Enemies Domestic" - you know, Malachi Ben Gidon's partner. I don't want that though. I want a fresh face, someone from a different walk of life. Tell us more about her family, what does her husband do for a living? What makes Ellie Bishop tick. Lets give her a chance.
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

puddintane
9. RE: New cast addition
Feb 5 2014, 1:10 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2014, 1:10 PM EST
The new Bishop character is totally unbelievable. She doesn't fit at all. The blond hair and black eyebrows is an irritation to me. After watching 'Monsters and Men' where she completely dominated the show with inhuman facts and instincts, I don't look forward to NCIS anymore. I admit that I'm a 'Ziva lover' but Bishop just doesn't work for me. 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)