Discussion: Why Sasha and Lauren left --old news I know, but.....Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

Disco58
Why Sasha and Lauren left --old news I know, but.....
Jan 24 2011, 3:19 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2011, 3:19 PM EST
I realize it's old news, but I'm doing some catching up. For various reasons I missed most of 3 and 4, and all of 5 and a lot of 6. In watching bits of 6 with Vance there were references to Director Shepard dying, and I'm thinking what the hell...? I didn't know how or why Vance arrived on the scene, so now I do. But it still begs the question of why Lauren Holly left, and why Sasha Alexander left back at the end of 2. What happened, contract issues, having kids, what? As far as I've seen, Sasha Alexander hasn't been in anything since then until lately, and haven't heard anything on new projects or anything in the tabloids for Lauren Holly. 13  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    
sueKay87
sueKay87
1. RE: Why Sasha and Lauren left --old news I know, but.....
Jan 24 2011, 3:22 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2011, 3:22 PM EST
Sasha Alexander left as she really didn't think the show was going to be the success it did, and she wasn't prepared for the long hours. When it became apparent NCIS was going to be on for year after year she didn't like the prospect of 18 hour days, 6 days a week, plus she'd met her husband by this point. The 18 hour day thing was a problem for some of the other actors as well. Sasha hasn't done much acting as she had a little girl a few years ago. Infact, she just gave birth to a baby boy just before Christmas, but will be back on Rizzoli and Isles :)

Lauren Holly left because she didn't think there was anything else they could do with the Shepard character, and she wanted to do other things. Plus she has young children.
18  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    

Disco58
2. RE: Why Sasha and Lauren left --old news I know, but.....
Jan 24 2011, 6:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2011, 6:09 PM EST
I appreciate the quick response, thank you. As much as acting has its appeal, yes, the long days can be more than some can handle. Ironically, in this particular instance , the job of portraying an NCIS agent can be more labor intensive than actually being one, and have a more severe impact on family. I would however, jump at that chance. Acting is something I think I could be good at, and would truly love to do, not for any fame or fortune, just for the thrill of it I think. In the case of Lauren Holly, after having watched "Judgement Day", I can rewrite that ending without a great deal of difficulty, with her surviving the attack and being part of that final scene at her house. I can think of many more exploratory plot lines involving her, even touching on her past with Gibbs, her father and La Granouille. I would be more than happy to volunteer for any other little plot twists the writes may have in mind. 9  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
3. RE: Why Sasha and Lauren left --old news I know, but.....
Jan 24 2011, 6:43 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2011, 6:43 PM EST
There is actually more to that, Sasha actually left because she wanted to start a family, and she didn't think the long hours as sueKay mentioned would help her pregnancy so she decided to leave. 14  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)