Discussion: NCIS on channel 5Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 25  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
UK-NCIS-Fan
UK-NCIS-Fan
NCIS on channel 5
Jan 12 2011, 5:11 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 5:21 AM EST
Channel 5 usually premieres each new NCIS series in early January. So from January onwards 2010 was season 6 - and Jan 2011 is season 7 - and hopefully season 8 will be shown jan 2012

Channel 5 is always one series behind the US, so season 7 went out in the US from Sept 2009 to March 2010. And US TV is currently showing season 8 this winter from September 2010 to March 2011.
Unless you have FX channel on cable or satellite, where they are already screening season eight. You can watch most series at any time on channel 5,FIVE US,or FX.

If you go to http://ncisfans.yolasite.com/ and scroll halfway down the Homepage to the programme guide and click on the digi-guide link you can see all the the NCIS shows that are currently showing. You will be amazed at how many time.s NCIS is shown on TV

12  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
gsrbritfan
gsrbritfan
1. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 13 2011, 7:00 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2011, 7:00 AM EST
"Channel 5 usually premieres each new NCIS series in early January. So from January onwards 2010 was season 6 - and Jan 2011 is season 7 - and hopefully season 8 will be shown jan 2012

Channel 5 is always one series behind the US, so season 7 went out in the US from Sept 2009 to March 2010. And US TV is currently showing season 8 this winter from September 2010 to March 2011.
Unless you have FX channel on cable or satellite, where they are already screening season eight. You can watch most series at any time on channel 5,FIVE US,or FX.

If you go to http://ncisfans.yolasite.com/ and scroll halfway down the Homepage to the programme guide and click on the digi-guide link you can see all the the NCIS shows that are currently showing. You will be amazed at how many time.s NCIS is shown on TV

"
Thanks for the info, it's appreciated & will help with reconstructing the page.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
UK-NCIS-Fan
UK-NCIS-Fan
2. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 13 2011, 11:44 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2011, 11:44 PM EST
Your welcome gssrbritfan.
Speaking as a fellow British fan of NCIS, It has always baffled me why NCIS gets so little mention in the British press. As it is the top scripted TV show in the US and the UK repeats always get top ratings.

In the BBC biased Radio Times, Pick Of The Week page its described by an anonymous hack as: and I quote

" This daft and formulaic series is unaccountably popular,so fans will doubtless be thrilled to learn that series 7 has now arrived on Channel 5."

Is the BBC jealous of NCIS`s huge worldwide success? Hmmm. I suggest a swift Gibbs head smack to whoever wrote that rubbish. And a huge THANKYOU to CHANNEL 5 for finally showing the brand new series of NCIS. Roll on 9.00pm Wednesdays, can`t wait.

2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
gsrbritfan
gsrbritfan
3. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 14 2011, 11:11 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2011, 11:11 AM EST
"Your welcome gssrbritfan.
Speaking as a fellow British fan of NCIS, It has always baffled me why NCIS gets so little mention in the British press. As it is the top scripted TV show in the US and the UK repeats always get top ratings.

In the BBC biased Radio Times, Pick Of The Week page its described by an anonymous hack as: and I quote

" This daft and formulaic series is unaccountably popular,so fans will doubtless be thrilled to learn that series 7 has now arrived on Channel 5."

Is the BBC jealous of NCIS`s huge worldwide success? Hmmm. I suggest a swift Gibbs head smack to whoever wrote that rubbish. And a huge THANKYOU to CHANNEL 5 for finally showing the brand new series of NCIS. Roll on 9.00pm Wednesdays, can`t wait.

"
:) Oh the Radio Times are the same with CSI, they pretty much Diss the show in past articles i have read, so am not surprised they are like that with NCIS, maybe some are Jealous that the American shows are doing so well, who knows, but we all like them.

I'm a newbie to watching NCIS and seriously need to catch up, more so that i have a few friends who know so much about it, have me lost when chatting bout it now.

Love most of the characters.
Do you find this valuable?    
St.George
St.George
4. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 16 2011, 9:33 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2011, 9:33 PM EST
this is a question...how do I put my name on the list??? or can someone do it for me?? Do you find this valuable?    
gsrbritfan
gsrbritfan
5. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 16 2011, 10:14 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2011, 10:14 PM EST
"this is a question...how do I put my name on the list??? or can someone do it for me??"
Because the site is write only, those who are moderators or writers are the only ones who can edit pages. But i will add yours no problem :)
St.George
St.George
6. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 16 2011, 11:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2011, 11:36 PM EST
thankyou , fellow brit...does not seem to be that many of us..!! Do you find this valuable?    
fluffybex1
fluffybex1
7. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 17 2011, 12:35 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2011, 12:35 AM EST
I'm one *waves* And i am the one who looses gsrbritfan when chatting about NCIS! Lol.. Sorry about that hun :D 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
St.George
St.George
8. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 17 2011, 1:40 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2011, 1:40 AM EST
Hi Bex.. waves back...:)
I watch the dvds all the time...
have my favs...some I do not like as much..
but..anything with Mr. M. is worth watching...yum yum :)
geordielander
geordielander
9. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 17 2011, 10:34 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2011, 10:34 AM EST
Woweeeeee clearing out old vdeos and lo and behold Jethro appears with 007 Sean Connery, and he has a shock of black hair , so that shows how old the video is hah hah .
Barry
gsrbritfan
gsrbritfan
10. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 17 2011, 11:14 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2011, 11:14 AM EST
"I'm one *waves* And i am the one who looses gsrbritfan when chatting about NCIS! Lol.. Sorry about that hun :D"
Yes frequently so :( I seriously need to catch up. Just watched a season 2 episode on Five USA tonight.
gsrbritfan
gsrbritfan
11. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 17 2011, 11:15 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2011, 11:15 AM EST
"I'm one *waves* And i am the one who looses gsrbritfan when chatting about NCIS! Lol.. Sorry about that hun :D"
btw Wonderbex i added your name to the page too hun :)
fluffybex1
fluffybex1
12. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 18 2011, 12:11 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2011, 12:21 PM EST
"Hi Bex.. waves back...:)
I watch the dvds all the time...
have my favs...some I do not like as much..
but..anything with Mr. M. is worth watching...yum yum :)"
Hiya, :)
Lucky you, i don't have any videos.. Too expensive lol.. I can watch 2 episodes, it every night, which fuels my entertainment.. Haha!
Me too, any thing with Fornell in it, is good watching... Teehee! But pretty much all episodes, cos i love Ducky too..There isn't one i haven't liked yet..
fluffybex1
fluffybex1
13. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 18 2011, 12:18 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2011, 12:18 PM EST
"Yes frequently so :( I seriously need to catch up. Just watched a season 2 episode on Five USA tonight."
Heehee aww sorry Ruthikins, you'll soon catch up with the rest of us.. Wasn't there another one on this evening? (Tuesday)

Aaah that was you who put my name on there, thanks :D

megansian
14. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 18 2011, 12:45 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2011, 12:45 PM EST
"thankyou , fellow brit...does not seem to be that many of us..!!"
You are quite correct - there doesn't seem to be many of us from the UK - I live in Wales and I think Sue Kay is Scottish.
There is an absolute dearth of publicity for NCIS it is absolutely pathetic - we will just have to "live in hope" !!
sueKay87
sueKay87
15. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 18 2011, 1:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2011, 1:09 PM EST
"You are quite correct - there doesn't seem to be many of us from the UK - I live in Wales and I think Sue Kay is Scottish.
There is an absolute dearth of publicity for NCIS it is absolutely pathetic - we will just have to "live in hope" !!"
Yup I'm Scottish :)

I've actually seen a lot more promotion of NCIS lately, unfortunately still nothing really in print (except the odd David McCallum interview, and an article in Sky Magazine at Michael Weatherly) but if you tune into FX, CBS Action or Five USA they're actually advertising NCIS every other ad break whereas before it used to just be on, but without being advertised at all :)

Unfortunately I think CBS Action and Five USA are rerunning the same episodes a week apart...which is a little silly.
St.George
St.George
16. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 18 2011, 10:14 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2011, 10:14 PM EST
Morning all..
I am English, so we are a mixed bunch..but we all have our love of NCIS in common..
They do seem to run alot of reruns..which is good..5 is running series 7..which I just
bought the dvd for...series 8 is supposed to be on fx.i.in feb,at some time..why the big break..TTFN
fluffybex1
fluffybex1
17. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 19 2011, 6:50 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2011, 6:55 PM EST
Me too.. English Rose.. Haha! Its great where we can enjoy the same program all over the world.. And have the same feelings about NCIS.. Even if we don't always agree on who we like the most, or which is the best episode, etc..

On FX they show two episodes (re-runs) from 7-9pm. And FIVEUSA (various times & episodes) Which is great for those, who don't have the DVD's or are curious about the show, without forking out for a box set first..

Season 7 has now started on Five, which is great.. However FX are showing Season 8, already, it started a few weeks ago, on a Friday evening at 9pm.. Saw "Short Fuse" last Friday, which was fantastic (as you can see i have the latest pic of Fornell) Heehee!
UK-NCIS-Fan
UK-NCIS-Fan
18. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 25 2011, 4:41 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 25 2011, 4:41 AM EST
":) Oh the Radio Times are the same with CSI, they pretty much Diss the show in past articles i have read, so am not surprised they are like that with NCIS, maybe some are Jealous that the American shows are doing so well, who knows, but we all like them.

I'm a newbie to watching NCIS and seriously need to catch up, more so that i have a few friends who know so much about it, have me lost when chatting bout it now.

Love most of the characters."

RANT ALERT
Most modern British cop shows are as dull as Ditchwater and cannot compare to NCIS.
When will British tv realise that we want interesting and likeable characacters played by actors with genuine charisma. and if all the cast are strong characters played by great actors then you usually have a hit show.
Most of the talented British actors have now moved to Hollywood as they don`t want to play bit parts in soaps and reality shows. So that leaves actors like james nesbitt,keeley hawes,robson green and martin clunes, who are good actors but have all the charisma of a damp lettuce leaf.
I am bored to tears of deadly dull series such as Rebus,Wycliffe,Frost, and the BBC1s latest bore-fest Zen. even a great actor like David Jason can`t bring Frost to life. and why are our cop shows so miserable? have you ever seen anyone smile in the new Taggart ? the BBC even managed to ruin Life on Mars by bringing in Keely Hawes.I would have given Gene Hunt his own series, not kill him off. The only two British shows I now watch are Hustle and New Tricks. I also think David Suchet plays Poiret brilliantly, but the old Agatha Christie plots need updating.
RANT OVER--Now where are my blood pressure pills?

/
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
CraigMason71
CraigMason71
19. RE: NCIS on channel 5
Jan 28 2012, 6:35 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2012, 6:35 AM EST
I am from the uk and am really looking forward to seeing new episodes of ncis on freeview hopefully we will get them soon Do you find this valuable?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)