Discussion: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the NightReported This is a featured thread

Showing 41 - 60 of 170  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
tara_persad
tara_persad
40. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 4:32 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 4:32 PM EST
"WAH! I didn't get to see him punch the guy in the face! He certainly deserved it, the creep. Oi, could someone look back and see if I missed anything else really important?

Yes, I thought the same thing about the Marines and their portrayal tonight. The writers did a good job of giving them a much deserved nod of respect. "
You missed that?! That punch was cool, Tony totally punched him in his face - SMACK!!! lol :D But I agree with Sammy, the promos really don't show that much. And the episode was really good, Tony definitely was not an idiot, he did very well when doing the interrogation. I like that the Abbys get along well. Gibbs gave the both Abbys a drink (cafpow and coffee) and said "here Abes" or something like that. Gibbs actually and willingly told Agent Borin thanks.

Yes breaking number one was intriguing. Lol, Abigail have her own rules.

By the way, the team got the case while at work. So what the ehck were they doing at work on a Friday night at 2 am?! If it was paper work, don't Gibbs usually let them do it in the morning? And don't they do one case at a time? Plus they seemed to be doing nothing cause Ziva was apparently checking her mail.....anyways those are totally minor stuffs, but was just as to why on a Saturday super early morning they were still at work. Yes NCIS should involve the Navy and Marines more.

Besides being a good episode all around; it was a normal team episode, you know, like old times. I really enjoyed this episode and I look forward to next week's.
Do you find this valuable?    
marshmeg
marshmeg
41. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 5:29 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 5:29 PM EST
I'm on the fence with the episode, it was alright...

Some thoughts:

1). We get it, Tony is jealous, it’s been done, if this is another Ziva’s boyfriend is a bad guy type thing I will not be happy….

2). There has already been an episode where McGee was tired and fell asleep throughout (a la JackKnife)

Things I did like:

1) Duck Call

2) Snookie

3) Package

4) Record of CafPows

5) How the Marines were portrayed

6) Ziva’s facial expressions were quite humorous
tara_persad
tara_persad
42. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 5:54 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 5:54 PM EST
Hahahahaha, yeah; Ducky knows about Snooki, that's soo funny. And Gibbs still is waay behind, he doesn't know what viral means, he thought it was an illness!!! lol, poor laid back Gibbs. Even Ducky knows about facebook and not Gibbs.

I didn't see the McGee sleeping as such a repeat of Jack Knife; heck, I forgot all about Jack-knife; but I did remember this line "catching sleep whenever I can" Damon said something like that, but still Jack Knife never crossed my mind.

I don't want R to turn out to be bad. What annoys me is that the writers won't tell us R's name!! Why?!?! Here I got a simple conversations between Tony and Ziva where R's name is revealed - T: emailing your miami man (or whatever name tony uses) again?
Z: yes.
T: when last did you see him? by the way, what's his name?
Z: last night (last week or whenever). why do you want to know?
T: why can't you tell me? let me guess (tony guesses some names based on what he knows about him [likes to travel, met in Miami, etc.....)
Z: (in order to get Tony to quite bugging her about R, Ziva finally tells Tony R's name!!)

Ok, I am back on topic now. Hmm....not quite sure what you mean about Ziva's facial expressions. I didn't quite get the package conversation. Duck call was funny.
By the way; what the heck were those two long, white sticks sticking out that Ducky inserted into the first dead guy's body?! :-O :-S
ncisfanaddict
ncisfanaddict
43. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 6:05 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 6:05 PM EST
BORING Boring boring!! Typical of NCIS epi's lately. At least this time they let Tony punch the dirtbag instead of always letting Ziva olay the tough guy. I miss the old McGee tho. The writers seem to think that just cuz he lost weight they can't write him to still be the goofy and nervous and still not as experienced agent as the others - just because he is thin now. Notice he never smiles and looks miserable in every scene. If the producers and writers aren't careful they are going to slowly reverse the personalities of EVERY character so they show doesn't have any of the same things that made everyone in the Nation fall in love with it! Do you find this valuable?    
ncisfanaddict
ncisfanaddict
44. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 6:11 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 6:11 PM EST
Oh and one more thing. Where they heck is the back story this season? Are the writers secretly on hiatus yet still writing just enough to actually call it an episode?? Bob Newhart's epi is going to be hilarious but I feel NCIS has become more comedy than drama this season. Sorry to be negative, I've just lost hope after 2 seasons of hoping the show would go back to how they used to be but it never does. It comes close in an epi here and there which causes me to get my hopes back up only to have them dashed when 75% of the epi ends up being boring and too repetivie (like someone pointed out Tony's jealousy). BTW I do think it;s about dang time the show gives Tony AND McGee both a flippin girlfriend for a while. One who's not a criminal or related to one. :-) 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
45. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 6:20 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 6:22 PM EST
" BORING Boring boring!! Typical of NCIS epi's lately. At least this time they let Tony punch the dirtbag instead of always letting Ziva olay the tough guy. I miss the old McGee tho. The writers seem to think that just cuz he lost weight they can't write him to still be the goofy and nervous and still not as experienced agent as the others - just because he is thin now. Notice he never smiles and looks miserable in every scene. If the producers and writers aren't careful they are going to slowly reverse the personalities of EVERY character so they show doesn't have any of the same things that made everyone in the Nation fall in love with it!"
I thought we were told and warned never to discuss the characters/actors weight?!
McGee has grown and matured, which means he is less nervous, scared, quiet and shy. Also, by now McGee have alot of experience, he has been a field agent for 6 almost 7 years. I don't see anything that makes it seem as though McGee acts as if he is more experienced or just as experienced, also McGee is no longer the probie, new and unexperienced to being a field agent. Yes, sometimes McGee is sarcastic/mean/obnoxious/snarky but people people said he has been like that since season 7, parts of season 6, before he even lost weight. And his weight has nothing to do with how he is now or how the writers write him!!
McGee has gotten used to all the nicknames, the pranks and all of those things; so maybe that's why he doesn't look miserable all the time. Also, he and Tony gets along better now, another reason why he isn't miserable all the time.
marshmeg
marshmeg
46. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 6:31 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 6:31 PM EST
"Hahahahaha, yeah; Ducky knows about Snooki, that's soo funny. And Gibbs still is waay behind, he doesn't know what viral means, he thought it was an illness!!! lol, poor laid back Gibbs. Even Ducky knows about facebook and not Gibbs.

I didn't see the McGee sleeping as such a repeat of Jack Knife; heck, I forgot all about Jack-knife; but I did remember this line "catching sleep whenever I can" Damon said something like that, but still Jack Knife never crossed my mind.

I don't want R to turn out to be bad. What annoys me is that the writers won't tell us R's name!! Why?!?! Here I got a simple conversations between Tony and Ziva where R's name is revealed - T: emailing your miami man (or whatever name tony uses) again?
Z: yes.
T: when last did you see him? by the way, what's his name?
Z: last night (last week or whenever). why do you want to know?
T: why can't you tell me? let me guess (tony guesses some names based on what he knows about him [likes to travel, met in Miami, etc.....)
Z: (in order to get Tony to quite bugging her about R, Ziva finally tells Tony R's name!!)

Ok, I am back on topic now. Hmm....not quite sure what you mean about Ziva's facial expressions. I didn't quite get the package conversation. Duck call was funny.
By the way; what the heck were those two long, white sticks sticking out that Ducky inserted into the first dead guy's body?! :-O :-S"
Yeah it could easily be something simple and just tell us, it's not mysterious, it's annoying....

Her facial expressions when Agent Borin was talking about that blind date guy, and a couple other times, I think about the rich and famous types

"Can we stop talking about your package now?" - Ziva

Those white sticks show the bullet trajectory...
ncisfanaddict
ncisfanaddict
47. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 6:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 6:36 PM EST
"I liked this ep. Not a fan of Borin (I can only see her L&O character) and I'm a much bigger fan of Holly Snow for Gibbs, but I thought it was a better ep than we'd seen recently. It was good to see Tony in character funny but not to the ridiculous points and good to see him competent again in interrogation and with the punch. I enjoyed the writers sense of humor over the 2 rule #1's, via McGee's comment. I am incredibly excited at what I assume is the beginning set up into the future ep dealing with Tony's time in Baltimore via Borin's last phone call. But I have a question.
Did anyone notice the faces Tony was making in the background while bent over at his desk behind the back of the lawyer reservist who was telling Gibbs he'd drafted a new will for Nolan? Weatherly was making some strange faces and one of them looked like he was in pain to me -- though he wasn't in good focus to be sure. Just wondering if it made sense in the scene to anyone else? Or if it wasn't meant to have been in the shot. "
I noticed him doing that too but I didn't think anything of it. Michael Weatherly is the best as far as acting engaged even when he's not in the forefront of the scene. Many actors just stand or sit there staring with no expression at all and it actually looks worse when they do that. I think Tony was just reacting to what the man was telling Gibbs. WHo knows though - maybe since Gibbs put the pic on his desk and they made an effort to show that scene, maybe this is part of (FINALLY) a back story since so far they haven't had one this season. The back story usually turns out to be the primary story for the finale. I don't really think it is part of an upcoming backstory but w/ this show ya never know!
ncisfanaddict
ncisfanaddict
48. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 6:40 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 6:40 PM EST
"I thought we were told and warned never to discuss the characters/actors weight?!
McGee has grown and matured, which means he is less nervous, scared, quiet and shy. Also, by now McGee have alot of experience, he has been a field agent for 6 almost 7 years. I don't see anything that makes it seem as though McGee acts as if he is more experienced or just as experienced, also McGee is no longer the probie, new and unexperienced to being a field agent. Yes, sometimes McGee is sarcastic/mean/obnoxious/snarky but people people said he has been like that since season 7, parts of season 6, before he even lost weight. And his weight has nothing to do with how he is now or how the writers write him!!
McGee has gotten used to all the nicknames, the pranks and all of those things; so maybe that's why he doesn't look miserable all the time. Also, he and Tony gets along better now, another reason why he isn't miserable all the time."
Oops I didn't realize that. Why would we not be allowed to discuss something like that. It's nothing negative. I am just saying I liked the McGee character better the way they USED to write him, as opposed to this season. Thx for telling me that tho so I now know.
gibbs_lover4ever
gibbs_lover4ever
49. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 8:26 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 8:26 PM EST
i realy love the episode like a lot a lot a lot
love the realtionship between gibbs and agent abby and how he bug her and every thing

there was something catch my eyes when abby hit the desk i think it wasnt on the scrip
cuz the i pad she was holding one second it's broken and the other it's a new one

[url=http://fashion.azyya.com][img]http://up8.up-images.com/up//uploads/images/images-f16a12d2f8.jpg[/img][/url][URL="http://uploadpics.a2a.cc"].[/URL][URL="http://www.a2a.cc"].[/URL]

http://up8.up-images.com/up//view.php?file=f16a12d2f8
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
50. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 8:32 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 8:32 PM EST
"i realy love the episode like a lot a lot a lot
love the realtionship between gibbs and agent abby and how he bug her and every thing

there was something catch my eyes when abby hit the desk i think it wasnt on the scrip
cuz the i pad she was holding one second it's broken and the other it's a new one

[url=http://fashion.azyya.com][img]http://up8.up-images.com/up//uploads/images/images-f16a12d2f8.jpg[/img][/url][URL="http://uploadpics.a2a.cc"].[/URL][URL="http://www.a2a.cc"].[/URL]

http://up8.up-images.com/up//view.php?file=f16a12d2f8
"
Oh, I'll have to go back and re-watch that. Good catch!
gibbs_lover4ever
gibbs_lover4ever
51. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 11 2011, 8:49 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2011, 8:49 PM EST
hehe ya i re-watch it more than once

ohh and about the faces that tony was doing i re-watch it and he's yawing cuz they all didn't sleep and in one point he look at zive desk
it's funny how he put his coat over his backbag
rosecake
rosecake
52. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 12 2011, 2:30 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 2:30 AM EST
All in all not a bad episode, especially I skip on a couple of moments. Honestly, after the promos and the Sneak Peek video, I expected worse. Good.

- I liked the plot and NCIS should bring the Navy and Marines more often on the show.
- I liked Boring and Gibbs. I hope we'll see her again.
- Except for the opening scene, where Tony didn't know what was a comp time (not-believable) and his impression on the boat (out of place after a man's death), I liked DiNozzo. Maybe finally the real Tony is slowly coming back!!! *fingers crossed*
He was great in interrogation: ''And you stop lying me'' - Amazing!
He punched a man on his face, arrested him and Ziva didn't need to save him. Incredible!

That's what shocks me. We're all happy and excited just because Tony was good in interrogation and he won a fight without help, but this should be the norm for an agent with almost 17 years of experience on his shoulders and for a SFA of the core NCIS MCRT! Our reaction speaks loud on how they ruined Tony's character. jmo

I really loved Tony in the end. MW's eyes told everything about Tony's feelings when he was listening to the Marine's lawyer about his will. He was really touched by Marine's last will and this is the reason why he threw away his comp time and not because he didn't want another person on his desk.
I've seen lots of similarities between Tony and the victim: they went away from family's money, their fathers didn't like their job, they chose a job that helps people, their fathers disowned them.
All these things and the feeling that even when Tony tried to be funny o look happy, it seems forced, make me think that there's more on Tony's future.
It's undeniable that there's something that really bothers him and I'm wondering what could happen in the future...
Doctor-Who
Doctor-Who
53. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 12 2011, 2:57 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 2:57 AM EST
Thank you, Det Beckett, for doing the poof-by-poof. Do you find this valuable?    
Doctor-Who
Doctor-Who
54. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 12 2011, 3:02 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 3:02 AM EST
I loved the comment Ducky made to the marine in autopsy, "We've gone from Socrates to Snookie". Great quote! Do you find this valuable?    
Det.Beckett
Det.Beckett
55. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 12 2011, 3:17 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 3:18 AM EST
"Thank you, Det Beckett, for doing the poof-by-poof."
Yeah, no problem at all.

When the reservist came in I expected it to be about another case, and that this was a breadcrumb for the season finale. But I was glad that it turned out to be Jeremy's will and that his hope to see the company become a non-profit was fulfilled.

This is a good sign, I think. Either we'll have a shorter arc for the finale (good) or that the clues are subtle enough that we won't pick up on them until the finale airs (better). Did anyone else see anything?
alj69
alj69
56. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 12 2011, 3:59 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 3:59 AM EST
I enjoyed this episode. I was worried in the beginning that ony was going to be the incompetant an stupid Tony but thankfuly He wasn't. I thoght he was great in interrogation and the fact that he didn't have to be saved by Ziva was arefreshing change of late. Didn't like when she snatched theclicker thing from him, I shouted at the screen. I liked the look on McGees face in that same scene when Borin took over the talking. All in all I thought that this was a betterepisode than some that have gone before, My mind didn't wonder lie it does sometimes. I need to watch it again now as I always miss loads of stuff on the first viewing. Do you find this valuable?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
57. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 12 2011, 4:04 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 4:04 AM EST
"I thought we were told and warned never to discuss the characters/actors weight?!
McGee has gotten used to all the nicknames, the pranks and all of those things; so maybe that's why he doesn't look miserable all the time. Also, he and Tony gets along better now, another reason why he isn't miserable all the time."
I don't agree that McGee was ever miserable. Yes, he used to be more nervous around Gibbs and acted more like a newbie - but he was never miserable, IMO.

While McGee was hazed and teased a lot when he first started NCIS, especially by Tony, he always managed to hold his own - which many fans seem to forget. There were plenty of times that the Probie managed to get something over on Tony or even Tony and Kate or Tony and Ziva. So I don't think he was ever miserable - just more nervous.

McGee and Tony have always had a weird kind of brotherly relationship, but I have always felt that they got along for the most part.
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
58. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 12 2011, 4:08 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 4:08 AM EST
"I liked this ep. Not a fan of Borin (I can only see her L&O character) and I'm a much bigger fan of Holly Snow for Gibbs, but I thought it was a better ep than we'd seen recently. It was good to see Tony in character funny but not to the ridiculous points and good to see him competent again in interrogation and with the punch. I enjoyed the writers sense of humor over the 2 rule #1's, via McGee's comment. I am incredibly excited at what I assume is the beginning set up into the future ep dealing with Tony's time in Baltimore via Borin's last phone call. But I have a question.
Did anyone notice the faces Tony was making in the background while bent over at his desk behind the back of the lawyer reservist who was telling Gibbs he'd drafted a new will for Nolan? Weatherly was making some strange faces and one of them looked like he was in pain to me -- though he wasn't in good focus to be sure. Just wondering if it made sense in the scene to anyone else? Or if it wasn't meant to have been in the shot. "
Yeah, my daughter noticed Tony's facial expressions in the background. I believe it was MW's way of showing just how touched he was by the marine leaving everything to charity and also how tired he was. As rose pointed out, Tony threw away his comp time because of what he heard, not because he didn't want to leave his desk for three weeks. Just an excuse when he called on it by Ziva.

We all know that MW goes the extra mile to sell his character's emotions. Like last episode, he changed his hairstyle, etc. to show serious Tony. Now, in this episode, he put his backpack on under his coat and made all those faces to show just how tired Tony really was. Great acting.

I also loved the writers poking fun at themselves for having two #1 rules. Very cute.

tara_persad
tara_persad
59. RE: Chat about 8.11 Ships in the Night
Jan 12 2011, 4:13 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 4:13 AM EST
I think they get along more now, than they did before. Yup, they always had a unique brotherly relationship.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)