Discussion: Why No AwardsReported This is a featured thread

Showing 61 - 80 of 81  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next
bellswebster
bellswebster
62. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 8 2011, 9:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2011, 9:36 PM EST
Lets ask Hotch for a banner honour contest, or just a page for them? Do you find this valuable?    

taylorgibbs
63. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 3:00 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 3:00 AM EST
"When I watched COS I had no idea that Charles Durning was in actuality, a silver star recepient or that he had even served in the war. So for me, his story had nothing to do with me being drawn to the character of Ernie Yost. I mean, how could anyone not fall in love with the old guy. Of course, it might have had something to do with his actual nomination - who knows.

As far as I am concerned - the shows that mostly win big awards are crappy - so for NCIS to not be nominated - it shows it's above the other shows."
I don't think many of the viewers did, but the package that NCIS sent out for Emmy time highlighted CD's military service and heroism. If the folks making the nominations and getting those packages read the associated info, they may have had an emotional connect to the chance of him winning.
Do you find this valuable?    

taylorgibbs
64. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 3:02 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 3:02 AM EST
"O.k. so the People's Choice awards for 2010 are over...and still no award. They lost out in both catergories to Lie To Me...they usually have around 5 million viewers..NCIS have 19+miliion..what gives?"
The Lie to Me fandom was very organized and several friends involved in the fandom have mentioned the use of voting "bots", which are computerized programs that allow mass voting, much more than a single person clicking a button can do.

FFFrog
65. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 3:52 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 3:52 AM EST
"The Lie to Me fandom was very organized and several friends involved in the fandom have mentioned the use of voting "bots", which are computerized programs that allow mass voting, much more than a single person clicking a button can do."
Realistically any award that allows multiple voting is a reflection of its fans' tenacity rather than the show's actual popularity.
rosecake
rosecake
66. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 4:24 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 4:25 AM EST
"The Lie to Me fandom was very organized and several friends involved in the fandom have mentioned the use of voting "bots", which are computerized programs that allow mass voting, much more than a single person clicking a button can do."
Exactly, I've heard that too. So it's a fake victory and an insult for all people that vote honestly and regulary!!!
bellswebster
bellswebster
67. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 11:20 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 11:22 AM EST
You should report them to the creator of their wiki and also to the People's Choice Awards. Did it occur to your friends that maybe the television show itself and the celebrities on that show would be disgusted to win that way.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

magicpowers
68. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 11:28 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 11:28 AM EST
I was mad watching People's Choice Awards. Like when "Lisa Cuddy" won favorite actress, they would just say "Oh yeah & House won favorite show". No mention of nominees, nothing. I was so mad. I did go vote. I love NCIS, Criminal Minds & House. I don't think it's right that "fan"atics can vote over & over. That's like a crazy cult following. I dunno, just my 2 cents. No matter how much I love Gibbs, Abby, Reid, who or whatever I not going to vote 10,000 times. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

taylorgibbs
69. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 2:01 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 2:01 PM EST
"You should report them to the creator of their wiki and also to the People's Choice Awards. Did it occur to your friends that maybe the television show itself and the celebrities on that show would be disgusted to win that way. "
There are four of five of us who contacted the People's Choice Awards about this situation, but they haven't seemed interested.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

taylorgibbs
70. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 2:02 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 2:02 PM EST
"I was mad watching People's Choice Awards. Like when "Lisa Cuddy" won favorite actress, they would just say "Oh yeah & House won favorite show". No mention of nominees, nothing. I was so mad. I did go vote. I love NCIS, Criminal Minds & House. I don't think it's right that "fan"atics can vote over & over. That's like a crazy cult following. I dunno, just my 2 cents. No matter how much I love Gibbs, Abby, Reid, who or whatever I not going to vote 10,000 times."
Hugh Laurie's win didn't even make it onto the awards show. That seemed very strange to me.

taylorgibbs
71. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 2:04 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 2:04 PM EST
"Realistically any award that allows multiple voting is a reflection of its fans' tenacity rather than the show's actual popularity."
exactly! I understand that they're driven to save their show, but that isn't the best way to do it.
sueKay87
sueKay87
72. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 2:19 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 2:19 PM EST
"Hugh Laurie's win didn't even make it onto the awards show. That seemed very strange to me."
Methinks they needed enough time to fawn over the cast of Twilight and let Queen Latifah grandstand for a little bit.
tara_persad
tara_persad
73. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 3:23 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 3:23 PM EST
I like House and Hugh Laurie, but he won almost all his awards, so it's okay if he didn't win this year. Someone mentioned that they didn't mention the other shows in the second category that House won, that was dis-respectful and impolite to the other shows. Creating a bot to vote constantly is dishonest and cheating. Some people love their favorite shows, never miss an episode; but they really don't have the time to vote 10, 000 + times like someone said.

As for the PCA people seeming not interested in the dishonest situation it's because they know exactly what they did/do every year, they know it's wrong and they will continue to do it.
Someone should go undercover and record/ film exactly what goes on then put it on national tv!!! *evil laugh* ooh, send our ncis team to investigate, the PCA authorities or whoever who be busted in no time!! lol :D But something really needs to be done about that, it's really unfair, dishonest and cheating. By the way, those people are only fooling themselves :(

taylorgibbs
74. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 3:56 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 3:56 PM EST
"I like House and Hugh Laurie, but he won almost all his awards, so it's okay if he didn't win this year. Someone mentioned that they didn't mention the other shows in the second category that House won, that was dis-respectful and impolite to the other shows. Creating a bot to vote constantly is dishonest and cheating. Some people love their favorite shows, never miss an episode; but they really don't have the time to vote 10, 000 + times like someone said.

As for the PCA people seeming not interested in the dishonest situation it's because they know exactly what they did/do every year, they know it's wrong and they will continue to do it.
Someone should go undercover and record/ film exactly what goes on then put it on national tv!!! *evil laugh* ooh, send our ncis team to investigate, the PCA authorities or whoever who be busted in no time!! lol :D But something really needs to be done about that, it's really unfair, dishonest and cheating. By the way, those people are only fooling themselves :("
Hugh Laurie did win, but they didn't mention it or show it on screen. When Lisa won, they did an aside of "oh and House won for best drama." That seemed very very strange to me.
tara_persad
tara_persad
75. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 4:01 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 4:01 PM EST
"Hugh Laurie did win, but they didn't mention it or show it on screen. When Lisa won, they did an aside of "oh and House won for best drama." That seemed very very strange to me."
Yeah, I knew "House" won that category as well, I remember hearing that. But I didn't quite hear what/who won it, but I knew the show won both it's award. I just that Hugh Laurie himself wasn't nominated this year, ya know. That was strange to me too, if they won it's first category, who not show the second, even if House still won. I think it's because they were too lazy and wanted to hurry down the show and they knew that that won dishonestly, and the other shows didn't have a fair chance, so......
feline6
feline6
76. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 4:10 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 4:10 PM EST
"Yeah, I knew "House" won that category as well, I remember hearing that. But I didn't quite hear what/who won it, but I knew the show won both it's award. I just that Hugh Laurie himself wasn't nominated this year, ya know. That was strange to me too, if they won it's first category, who not show the second, even if House still won. I think it's because they were too lazy and wanted to hurry down the show and they knew that that won dishonestly, and the other shows didn't have a fair chance, so......"
Actually, "House" won two awards, one for "Favorite TV Drama" and Hugh Laurie for "Favorite TV Doctor" as "Gregory House" -- and counting Lisa Edelstein's win, it was three in all.
tara_persad
tara_persad
77. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 4:15 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 4:15 PM EST
"Actually, "House" won two awards, one for "Favorite TV Drama" and Hugh Laurie for "Favorite TV Doctor" as "Gregory House" -- and counting Lisa Edelstein's win, it was three in all."
Really?!?! I thought "House" only won and was nominated for two awards. Huh, I wonder where I was for the third one? Oh well, they ALWAYS win their awards.
tara_persad
tara_persad
78. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 9 2011, 4:29 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2011, 4:29 PM EST
"Actually, "House" won two awards, one for "Favorite TV Drama" and Hugh Laurie for "Favorite TV Doctor" as "Gregory House" -- and counting Lisa Edelstein's win, it was three in all."
I just checked the full list of winners and it was a total of four awards that House won. Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein, House and best doctor.

While checking the list, I noticed there were quite a few categories that won't mention, all the time I thought it was like 3, 5 categories that won't mention, but it's like 10 categories that wan't mention!!! This was definitely the worst PCA ever!!! Whoever is responsible for how the show is run/presented, I wonder if they felt ashamed, disgusted and bad for presenting the show in such and poor, lazy and horrible fashion and for not mentioning many categories. That was plain rude, disrespectful and insulting to all the unmentioned shows, especially for shows like NCIS who after years and years of hard work finally got mentioned. Also the actors, actresses for other shows probably attended, imagine how bad they felt when their show wasn't mentioned. I know I would have felt bad, knowing my show was nominated but not mentioned :( I feel sorry for the un-mentioned shows/movies :(

taylorgibbs
79. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 10 2011, 2:20 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2011, 2:20 AM EST
"Really?!?! I thought "House" only won and was nominated for two awards. Huh, I wonder where I was for the third one? Oh well, they ALWAYS win their awards."
that was the thing....they didn't even mention the third one on the show at all.

magicpowers
80. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 10 2011, 3:38 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2011, 3:38 AM EST
OMG, I didn't even KNOW Hugh Laurie won an award! & I understand he's won lots of awards etc, but still, I woulda like to have heard ALL the nominees in a catagory. & i agree with the comment about fawning over Twilight & Queen Latifah grandstanding a bit. & I like Her & Twilight but even I felt embarrassed for Queen Latifah & Twilight cast. I thought Krsten Stewart was gonna bite her nails off. It was awkward. & Conan with the mike. Geezus! LOL Do you find this valuable?    
sueKay87
sueKay87
81. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 17 2011, 3:21 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2011, 3:21 AM EST
So another awards show, another snub..... Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)