Discussion: Why No AwardsReported This is a featured thread

Showing 41 - 60 of 81  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next
zivadavidncis
zivadavidncis
42. RE: Why No Awards
Dec 28 2010, 12:23 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2010, 12:23 PM EST
Wow you hit that one right on the head. You said what we have all been thinking but couldn't put into quite the right words.thank you Scorpio-lady, for explaining our own thoughts to us ,and of course the world wide web! Do you find this valuable?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
43. RE: Why No Awards
Dec 29 2010, 4:07 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2010, 4:07 PM EST
" NCIS has never played politics. Bellisario has never been interested, as far as I can tell, the cast and crew work far too hard, and play too little, to be "names" on the Hollywood party scene. They're just simply not as "known" on an interpersonal relationship level as some actors. I'm thinking of the people who are often at premieres and events.

The NCIS folks just don't do that. Sure, PP does some events, but they're mostly charity driven, which isn't as "cool", and Mw does the very occasional event, but they're not out like, say, the Glee actors.

Couple that with the American version of the "tall Poppy syndrome". For some reason, Hollywood hardly ever wants to recognize shows or movies that are popular. Its as if popularity means a lessening in quality.

And I don't think you can discount the fact that NCIS plays very well in the more conservative areas of the country and has a very pro-military bent.

While Call of Silence was nominated, it was for Charles Durning as guest actor. COS is my favorite NCIS episode, and I think CD absolutely deserved that nomination, but I also think it was politically driven and that people heard his personal story and responded to him.

I think that it ends up being a combination of all of these things. And NCIS has never fit neatly into *any* box.

"
When I watched COS I had no idea that Charles Durning was in actuality, a silver star recepient or that he had even served in the war. So for me, his story had nothing to do with me being drawn to the character of Ernie Yost. I mean, how could anyone not fall in love with the old guy. Of course, it might have had something to do with his actual nomination - who knows.

As far as I am concerned - the shows that mostly win big awards are crappy - so for NCIS to not be nominated - it shows it's above the other shows.
Do you find this valuable?    
AZNCISfan
AZNCISfan
44. RE: Why No Awards
Dec 30 2010, 7:27 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2010, 7:27 AM EST
"Let's face it folks, politics in Hollywood have always been corrupt when it comes time to "award" people for their achievements in film. They've snubbed people who definitely deserved recognition, and awarded people who fell way below the standard without the bat of an eye!

My personal thought about why NCIS is consistently snubbed is because Don B. dared to "step outside the box" when he created NCIS, and as a result NCIS has faced punishment because of this. NCIS is not only a crime drama, it also "dares" to explore the relationships between it's characters, and also adds some great humor to it's episodes. How can those who only know what the inside of the box looks like be expected to appreciate how incredibly popular this show is to fans the world over? NCIS has not only broken the mold, it has created an entirely new one that Hollywood simply can't get it's head around. To my way of thinking, the high ratings and popularity of NCIS is the best award of all. This is what the whole cast and crew value, and that's good enough for me *smiling*."
S-L..spot on. The humor sets it apart from most any other show in the genre. I'm thinking it's a bit along the lines of Magum P.I. or to a lesser extent JAG on occasion (hmm..that DP influence!). With NCIS, you have a 70+yr old M.E. talking to his 'patients' all the while singing with his assistant in Autopsy and you have the Boss occasionally delegating field work which includes him barking 'you're with me Elf Lord'. Nowhere else....
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
45. RE: Why No Awards
Dec 30 2010, 8:35 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2010, 8:35 AM EST
@ S-L excellent points & as WW49 says, NCIS is too good to be nominated, I like that!
@ AZ...love your humor about the humor, you're so right!
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
46. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 4 2011, 6:26 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2011, 6:26 AM EST
Thanks to those of you who replied to my earlier post. I think that we can all agree that NCIS is "unique", and IMHO this is exactly why it continues to rank #1 among anything else in it's genre. What's not to love? Long live NCIS! Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
47. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 5 2011, 6:44 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2011, 6:44 PM EST
O.k. so the People's Choice awards for 2010 are over...and still no award. They lost out in both catergories to Lie To Me...they usually have around 5 million viewers..NCIS have 19+miliion..what gives? Do you find this valuable?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
48. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 10:45 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 10:45 AM EST
"O.k. so the People's Choice awards for 2010 are over...and still no award. They lost out in both catergories to Lie To Me...they usually have around 5 million viewers..NCIS have 19+miliion..what gives?"
SCAM! FAKE!! I wish we could ask for an investigation. Who to ask...the FCC? CBS? PCA itself?
bellswebster
bellswebster
49. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 11:34 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 11:34 AM EST
"SCAM! FAKE!! I wish we could ask for an investigation. Who to ask...the FCC? CBS? PCA itself? "
I hope the producers of ncis say somehing to People's Choice.
sueKay87
sueKay87
50. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 11:38 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 11:38 AM EST
Commander Vreenak's very unhappy with the Peoples Choice Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

(it's a Star Trek thing :P)
tara_persad
tara_persad
51. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 12:30 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 12:30 PM EST
The "Lie to Me" people are only fooling themselves. How can they not see that the "people" didn't vote for them? How can they even live with themselves?! Week after week they see how low their ratings are compared to NCIS and they really expect everyone to believe they won the awards? Those "Lie to me" people are crazy!! And some thing needs to be done about this scam and fraud. Do you find this valuable?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
52. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 12:39 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 12:39 PM EST
"Commander Vreenak's very unhappy with the Peoples Choice Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

(it's a Star Trek thing :P)"
OMG, SueKay, thanks! That was wonderful and then of course I had to watch quite of few of the other vids! I needed that laugh (Massive Ownage) after that travesty of an award show.
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
53. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 12:42 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 12:42 PM EST
"Thanks to those of you who replied to my earlier post. I think that we can all agree that NCIS is "unique", and IMHO this is exactly why it continues to rank #1 among anything else in it's genre. What's not to love? Long live NCIS!"
I will say this - WE (NCIS & us, the fans) are definitely better than the PC award or the PC show! Stink, stank, stunk (apologies to Dr. Seuss).
bellswebster
bellswebster
54. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 12:53 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 12:53 PM EST
"I will say this - WE (NCIS & us, the fans) are definitely better than the PC award or the PC show! Stink, stank, stunk (apologies to Dr. Seuss). "
ROTFLMAO....
sammysoso
sammysoso
55. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 12:57 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 12:57 PM EST
The People's Choice Awards are a joke. I lost all respect for them when Twilight beat out Inception (I originally thought they were joking, but I guess people really are that shallow) in THREE categories, gimme a break... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
56. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 1:12 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 1:12 PM EST
"The People's Choice Awards are a joke. I lost all respect for them when Twilight beat out Inception (I originally thought they were joking, but I guess people really are that shallow) in THREE categories, gimme a break..."
I am never watching the PCA ever again. And since NCIS wasn't nominated for the other award (shows), I am not gonna watch them either, plus they are loong and boring.
rosecake
rosecake
57. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 1:41 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 1:41 PM EST
I think we should read page 3 and 4 of People's Choice Thread on CBS Site. It's very interesting and explains how a 5-6 million viewers show won against the Tv's #1 Drama Crime Show (19-20 million viewers): Bots! Bots! Bots!

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/142662.page

I'm disgusted and I feel insulted by PCA organizers' arrogance and fakeness. Do they really think that viewers are so blind and stupid to not understand that these results are false?!

After all that happened, I think that NCIS cast should be honored to not win such a fake award, because it would have been an insult to their talent and job.
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
58. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 1:45 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 1:45 PM EST
"The People's Choice Awards are a joke. I lost all respect for them when Twilight beat out Inception (I originally thought they were joking, but I guess people really are that shallow) in THREE categories, gimme a break..."
So with you!
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
59. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 1:46 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 1:46 PM EST
"I think we should read page 3 and 4 of People's Choice Thread on CBS Site. It's very interesting and explains how a 5-6 million viewers show won against the Tv's #1 Drama Crime Show (19-20 million viewers): Bots! Bots! Bots!

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/142662.page

I'm disgusted and I feel insulted by PCA organizers' arrogance and fakeness. Do they really think that viewers are so blind and stupid to not understand that these results are false?!

After all that happened, I think that NCIS cast should be honored to not win such a fake award, because it would have been an insult to their talent and job."
Absolutely agree!
Mona92
Mona92
60. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 6 2011, 5:01 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 5:01 PM EST
"Thanks to those of you who replied to my earlier post. I think that we can all agree that NCIS is "unique", and IMHO this is exactly why it continues to rank #1 among anything else in it's genre. What's not to love? Long live NCIS!"
You hit the nail on the head with your prior comment. Thanks.
windykat
windykat
61. RE: Why No Awards
Jan 8 2011, 6:57 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2011, 6:57 PM EST
The PC awards were a travesty in many ways. They didn't even mention several categories, including the ones NCIS were up for, the jibber-jabber of the moderator, and so many other things.

Now how can we as a wiki send them OUR award??
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)