Discussion: Which Characters would you rather get together?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 46  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next
semperfi9739
semperfi9739
Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 5 2010, 2:22 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2010, 2:22 PM EST
Ziva and Tony, or McGee and Abby, and why? (Or not at all) Do you find this valuable?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
1. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 5 2010, 2:44 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2010, 2:44 PM EST
Obviously as a Tiva fan I am going to say Tony and Ziva. Because I think they both really like and care for each other. Though sometimes I think sometimes that Ziva likes Tony more than Tony likes her.

And Abby and McGee have to get back together, there were together once, they can get back together a second time. And they are meant for each other.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
semperfi9739
semperfi9739
2. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 5 2010, 3:11 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2010, 3:11 PM EST
"Obviously as a Tiva fan I am going to say Tony and Ziva. Because I think they both really like and care for each other. Though sometimes I think sometimes that Ziva likes Tony more than Tony likes her.

And Abby and McGee have to get back together, there were together once, they can get back together a second time. And they are meant for each other."
I have to agree with you all the way here. Ziva is always the one who points her feelings out to Tony, who is constantly joking about it. They would be a good pair.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
sammysoso
sammysoso
3. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 5 2010, 3:29 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2010, 3:29 PM EST
McGee and Abby have already tried a romantic relationship, and found that it worked better as close friends. Also, I think it would be nice for McGee to go out and get a girl

A relationship between Tony and Ziva has the potential for fantastic scenes and character progression. Also, NCIS could be proud with the fact that they took the obligatory UST couple that every show apparently has, and turned it into something real and sincere. MW and CdP both have the acting chops to pull this off, and judging from their scenes together already, it would be amazing to watch.
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
hadapurpura
hadapurpura
4. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 13 2010, 5:48 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2010, 5:48 AM EST
"McGee and Abby have already tried a romantic relationship, and found that it worked better as close friends. Also, I think it would be nice for McGee to go out and get a girl"
THIS. For some reason, I've always imagined McGee with a hot blonde (a la Palmer's girlfriend) for some reason. That, or a girl like the one in Witness.

As a Gabby fan, of course I'm gonna say I want Gibbs and Abby to get together eventually, which goes against the idea of Abby and McGee.

I think Tiva has potential, and now they seem like they have a true friendship, which would give more depth to an eventual relationship.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Andering_J_REDDSON
Andering_J_REDDSON
5. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 17 2010, 6:16 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2010, 6:16 PM EST
____I vote Ziva and Abby. 0  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
6. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 17 2010, 6:36 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2010, 6:36 PM EST
I'm against the idea of Gibbs and Abby being together. I feel it wouldn't be right as he is more of a father figure to her...jmo..
I'd like McGee and Abby to give it another go at a relationship, or have Abby meet another forensic scientist.
It would be nice for Ducky to find a lady, late 50's say, to be a companion. Even if they were just friends.
Palmer has a girlfriend whom I hope we get to see a bit more of. Perhaps he and Ducky could double date to the Opera or something...lol..
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
7. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 17 2010, 6:37 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2010, 7:07 PM EST
Tony and Ziva do have potential for a relationship as well.
Gibbs is aloner to me, so I'd like to see him have a few female friends.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Toki-chan
Toki-chan
8. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 17 2010, 7:11 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2010, 7:11 PM EST
I would have to say I'm an Abby/McGee fan, but that because every time I watch McGee facial expressions toward Abby it always reminds me of my boyfriends at me. They are so sweet together, it's like puppy love :D.
Tiva has never been my taste, but after watching Undercovers for the first time ever yesterday, I can see why people ship it more now.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

FFFrog
9. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 17 2010, 9:24 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2010, 9:24 PM EST
"I would have to say I'm an Abby/McGee fan, but that because every time I watch McGee facial expressions toward Abby it always reminds me of my boyfriends at me. They are so sweet together, it's like puppy love :D.
Tiva has never been my taste, but after watching Undercovers for the first time ever yesterday, I can see why people ship it more now. "
I don't want any of them to get together. The overt ship scens slow the show down and change its focus in a way that I don't enjoy.
4  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
ui_hawks
ui_hawks
10. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 21 2010, 8:26 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2010, 8:26 AM EST
"Obviously as a Tiva fan I am going to say Tony and Ziva. Because I think they both really like and care for each other. Though sometimes I think sometimes that Ziva likes Tony more than Tony likes her.

And Abby and McGee have to get back together, there were together once, they can get back together a second time. And they are meant for each other."
Because couples can change & grow...nether Mc Gee or Abby are the same as they were years ago....think Abby needed to et Mc Gee grow up...he is quite a bit younger and needed to be seasoned...think NCIS has done that...eventually the two people that really have a solid relationship is Tim & Abby...sorry Gabby folks...don't see that at all...father & daughter as Abby stated...Gibbs maybe should find someone...towards the end of the show...and the entire team would be happy for him...especially Abby.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
11. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 21 2010, 3:04 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2010, 3:04 PM EST
I agree with Frog in that I do not really want to see any of them getting together. Every time shows try this, the ratings go down and the show gets canceled - or at least the ones I watch have. Moonlighting when they tried to put Maddie and David together. Or Stargate SG1 when the writers changed the relationship focus from the Jack/Daniel friendship to the Jack/Sam romantic one. Or Dark Angel, when they put Max and Logan together. Michael Weatherly does not seem fond of the Tiva thing - probably because he was involved in the Max/Logan one and does not want a repeat.

If NCIS HAD to put a couple together, I would choose McGee and Abby. These two really show how much they care about one another and some of the sweetest scenes are those like the one in "Driven" when Abby overhears McGee talking to himself and telling her that he had found what happened. When she hugs him, McGee says, "I thought you were supposed to ask permission." "Never with you, Timmy." she replies. Or at the end of "Faith" when Abby says she does believe and Tim gives her that look and then kisses her on the cheek.

McGee and Abby always show how much they care for one another, while I sometimes wonder if Tony and Ziva even like each other, lol.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
sammysoso
sammysoso
12. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 21 2010, 3:13 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2010, 3:13 PM EST
I think the reasons why most relationships ruin a show is the writers try and change too much. Take Tony and Ziva for instance, the reason I like them together is its unorthodox, it isn't remotely close to Disney fairy tale romance. I believe on most shows that, if they were to get together, the writers would try and have these cutesy couplely scenes that are definately NOT Tony and Ziva. However, I believe that NCIS has select writers (Stern and Binder) that could leave the relationship dynamic mostly alone, but still have Tony and Ziva acknowledge the strong feelings for the other.

I believe that Abby and McGee should just remain close friends, they have both changed since they dated before, and personally, I would like McGee to go out and get a girlfriend.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
13. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 22 2010, 7:22 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2010, 7:22 AM EST
"

I believe that Abby and McGee should just remain close friends, they have both changed since they dated before, and personally, I would like McGee to go out and get a girlfriend."
I think the reasons the relationship ruin shows is the fact that the relationship messes with the dynamic of the show and tends to overpower it. I think that has already started with NCIS to some degree. The Tony scenes with Gibbs and McGee have lessened and the Tony/Abby scenes are practically non-existent any more. Instead, they always seem to pair Tony with Ziva. And while that is alright - they are partners - I miss the other relationships he has on the show.

You are right that McGee and Abby have changed, but their love for one another - whether it is friendship or not - comes across all the time. I can't say the same thing for Tony and Ziva - even regarding friendship.

Tony and Ziva have also changed and I feel that the time has past for any Tiva - if there ever were that relationship. And while McGee and Abby tease each other, I could never see Abby asking McGee what his dream woman could possibly see in him - as Ziva did with Tony.

Even though Ziva told Tony that she knows he has her back and she should have trusted him - I still do not get the feeling that she does. If so, she would follow his orders and say, without hesitation, that he was a good agent - as she did with Gibbs. And while Tony loves Ziva as a friend and partner, I cannot see him being in a committed relationship with a woman who, IMO, acts like she doesn't even like him, let alone understand him.

I guess I'm just one of those fans that will never understand the appeal of Tiva - not since after the fourth season anyway. As MW said once, I think their time has passed.
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
sammysoso
sammysoso
14. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 25 2010, 7:40 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 25 2010, 7:40 PM EST
"Tony and Ziva do have potential for a relationship as well.
Gibbs is aloner to me, so I'd like to see him have a few female friends."
It would be nice for Gibbs to get a *cough* "woman's touch *cough*, he certainly has some suave left. The Holly Snow character intrigued me a lot, but, given the high profile actress, it would get too much screen time.

The only pairing I really support is Tony/Ziva, (I am reluctant to use the term "Tiva", because of the conotation of "raving lovesick teenager"), and don't really have strong opinions of what the other characters do, but, good for them if they find a little romance
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

FFFrog
15. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 25 2010, 9:19 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 25 2010, 9:19 PM EST
"I think the reasons why most relationships ruin a show is the writers try and change too much. Take Tony and Ziva for instance, the reason I like them together is its unorthodox, it isn't remotely close to Disney fairy tale romance. "
Its odd how people see the same thing so differently. One of my problems with Tiva is that it makes the show like pretty much every crime drama currently on TV. They all use the 'you say you hate me but really you love me' plot device and I just find it really boring. I watch the show for the team. The whole team. And I don't get that when they are pushing ships.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
sammysoso
sammysoso
16. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 25 2010, 9:46 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 25 2010, 9:46 PM EST
"Its odd how people see the same thing so differently. One of my problems with Tiva is that it makes the show like pretty much every crime drama currently on TV. They all use the 'you say you hate me but really you love me' plot device and I just find it really boring. I watch the show for the team. The whole team. And I don't get that when they are pushing ships."
I'm with you against the type of device you describe, frankly, I hate the teenage angst that belongs in a soap opera, I think Tony and Ziva should act like adults. I want Tony and Ziva to have a mature romantic relationship, they have both been through so much crap I think they deserve simple happiness, without all the complicated stuff that usually is associated with the UST couple of any show.

For this season, really all I want is an acknowledgement to each other of deeper feelings, mabye a nice scene here or there, but not becoming the focus. Mabye season 9 will have an episode about the couple, but that can wait.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

FFFrog
17. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 25 2010, 10:00 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 25 2010, 10:00 PM EST
"I'm with you against the type of device you describe, frankly, I hate the teenage angst that belongs in a soap opera, I think Tony and Ziva should act like adults. I want Tony and Ziva to have a mature romantic relationship, they have both been through so much crap I think they deserve simple happiness, without all the complicated stuff that usually is associated with the UST couple of any show.

For this season, really all I want is an acknowledgement to each other of deeper feelings, mabye a nice scene here or there, but not becoming the focus. Mabye season 9 will have an episode about the couple, but that can wait."
You've pretty much described my NCIS hell. No way do I want to go with them on that journey and any sign that they are really headed for a relationship of that kind would have me off the boat without delay becuase any chance of the show that I love surviving it would be nil in my opinion.
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

FFFrog
18. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 25 2010, 10:04 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 25 2010, 10:06 PM EST
odd things seem to be happening here this morning. double message Do you find this valuable?    
mcseek
mcseek
19. RE: Which Characters would you rather get together?
Dec 25 2010, 10:28 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 25 2010, 10:28 PM EST
I guess I'm one of the naysayers - no togetherness even though I do like Tim and Abby - I'm satisfied knowing that they care for each other - they're bonded, and the same goes with Tony and Ziva. I just wish Ziva would give Tony his due credit - ie. not being afraid to say that he's her partner and a great investigator. Any serious romance would kill the show - I mean happy really isn't what NCIS is all about - no offense intended. :) 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)