Discussion: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 81 - 100 of 208  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

luckybc
82. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 5:48 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 5:48 AM EST
"Just few other things...
- MW is Oscar material. His second name is 'Talent' and NCIS is very like to have him!!! :)))
- I thought that they would have explanined us Sr.'s "situation" (8.01 "Spider and the Fly").
- Nobody has a mother in NCIS?! Just fathers?! LOL"
lol i noticed that! NCIS really has something against mothers!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
83. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 5:53 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 5:53 AM EST
"In the spirit of honesty:

What. the. hell. was that?

Okay, everybody knows I'm a DiNozzo fan. But that was just crap. MW basically got to play unhinged!Tony in order to what? Highlight the coolness of his tv-dad? To emphasize that when his father comes to town, Tony goes batspit crazy? They could have given him something much better to work with. I mean - the freakout over the 4.30AM call and not being able to reach the old man? They could have really played upon that. (And they never answered why his dad called him at 4.30AM)."
I don't think Tony was pissed that it was an unholy hour. Sure he didn't like it but that was a minor thing. Ever got a call from someone you dreaded talking to or seeing? I believe that is what our Very Special Agent was not happy about: hearing from someone he did not share too many good memories with...and knowing that he was probably calling because he NEEDED something (as opposed to being actually concerned and wanting to catch up).

As for freaking out when his father wasn't picking up, who wouldn't be when he was last seen with a guy that got killed? He wasn't mad that he wasn't picking up his calls per se, he was scared that something had happened. On top of that, he was probably feeling guilty that the 4:30 call might have been an SOS and he didn't pick up.

Guilt and concern are often covered by anger.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
84. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 5:57 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 5:57 AM EST
"I agree with you and Snoop. For years, they have built on Tony and his father having a bad relationship and now we get...this! And all of a sudden they are both over it. The man disowned Tony when he was 12. There's bound to be a lot of anger and mistrust.

I like Robert Wagner, but I get the feeling these shows are written for him and his personality and are not building on the past evidence of a bad relationship. They are going for funny and I think they are overdoing it a little bit. I think I would like it better with more drama. They should have had a real villain to be Tony's dad. LOL. Even Gibbs seemed to be coming around to Tony's dad.

Anyway, I've thought about the ending and have decided that Tony's dad is a conman. What's to say he wasn't conning Tony then? "
I think t hey were playing around with DiNozzo Sr as a crook and a liar but not an EVIL man.

He was a very bad father but he is no murderer.

We can also see where Tony gets his charm from, LOL! I mean really, being able to charm your passage from Europe on a private jet??? and getting Donald Trump to pay your way? SHEESH! It shows how Tony is the better owner of the same skill set.
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
85. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 5:58 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 5:58 AM EST
"Yes, sorry I meant about that, I meant am - typo. Like I said previously, maybe he was calling to say he was coming. Also, Sr isn't "normal" and don't really care that much that's why he called at that time. I think Tony just accepted his father in the end and Tony was worried. Tony is probably over it cause he want to be on good terms with his father now, he has sort of put the past behind him and wants to move forward and hopefully connect back with his father. Different people overcome their mistrust and anger faster than others, not everyone is the same; so Tony probably came to terms that his father is some mysterious conman and decided to put it aside and talk to his dad, and see if they can have a better relationship. "
I agree that Tony's dad isn't the type of person to check if it's a decent time to call. I think one of the reasons Tony wasn't happy about getting the call was because it was inconsiderate.
tara_persad
tara_persad
86. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 5:59 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 5:59 AM EST
"lol i noticed that! NCIS really has something against mothers! "
LoL, maybe the writers have mummy issues ;) lol, just kidding, but Ducky had his mom, if that counts. And nothing have been said about Tim's mom. Also maybe the fathers make for more interesting plots and story-lines.
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
87. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:02 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:02 AM EST
"lol i noticed that! NCIS really has something against mothers! "
I hope we get a mothers episode sometime (maybe it would be too much of parents in season 8, maybe in the 9th? Ooooohhhhhh! (^^,)

The only mother was Shannon's. That was a good one, another "didn't see that coming," hehe
Do you find this valuable?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
88. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:02 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:02 AM EST
"I don't think Tony was pissed that it was an unholy hour. Sure he didn't like it but that was a minor thing. Ever got a call from someone you dreaded talking to or seeing? I believe that is what our Very Special Agent was not happy about: hearing from someone he did not share too many good memories with...and knowing that he was probably calling because he NEEDED something (as opposed to being actually concerned and wanting to catch up).

As for freaking out when his father wasn't picking up, who wouldn't be when he was last seen with a guy that got killed? He wasn't mad that he wasn't picking up his calls per se, he was scared that something had happened. On top of that, he was probably feeling guilty that the 4:30 call might have been an SOS and he didn't pick up.

Guilt and concern are often covered by anger."
I agree with on Sr calling so late.
Abbiefan1
Abbiefan1
89. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:09 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:09 AM EST
Does she (Ziva) have a weapon? (Gibbs) "She IS a weapon." 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
90. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:18 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:18 AM EST
Yay!!!! NCIS got the most amount of viewers last night with 19.8 million viewers!!! :D

4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
91. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:22 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:22 AM EST
"I really enjoyed watching this episode. Robert Wagner is awesome. It's human nature for Tony to act the way he does. He is so very afraid of being embarrassed. Besides the embarrassment issue he doesn't want his father to be injured in any way. Tony, Sr., seems to find it all very amusing. When the woman at the party asked Tony, Sr., his relationship with Ziva he quoted Tony, Jr. verbatim...we have no relationship...it's strictly business. Right. The Ziva scene with the karate chops was great. The only thing I saw that didn't look up to snuff was when the bad guy ripped the camera brooch off of Ziva's dress. He was lucky his arm was still attached at the shoulder. It was just out of character for her to stand there and let him do that. I look forward for the next Robert Wagner episode whether in this season or season 9."
Ziva really has changed. In the episode a few seasons earlier (i think it's Shalom) , she was accused and she went in to confront the woman and records everything during their combat before killing her and she says as the rest of the team arrives "I am not just an assassin, I am an investigator" and pulls out the recording device.

I don't think letting the man get the cam-brooch was anything but being in complete control and then busting out her moves a few seconds later. He never knew what hit him, LOL!

I LOVE SENIOR QUOTING JUNIOR!!! Wish Tony heard it, hehe
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
92. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:34 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:34 AM EST
EXCELLENT EPISODE!!!

Favorite scene and character developments:
-Gibbs moving over to Vance's side when telling Admiral Chase that NCIS has jurisdiction and that the stars on his shoulder carry small weight in NCIS. That move towards Vance showed that Gibbs and Vance have a good working relationship. Even though they give each other a fair share of crap, it's really just how things work. Maybe I'm reading too much into this (psychology background here!) but that move was a physical show (could be subconscious) that they are on the same side.
-Senior quoting Junior. Enough said.
-Tony and Tim pulling rank on Ziva as they say together "Ohh BUT WE DO!" That was hilarious! T & T make a great team (and yes, they do make a fair pair of annoying brothers, LOL).
-Nutter Butter! This season has a lot of continuity from scenes in previous seasons. For example, 2 episodes ago, Under Covers and Ziva's old personality kept coming up. In last night's episode, Nutter Butter made an appearance ("McCee," Tony's bromance got dumped because he didn't like Nutter Butter and Tony went back to McGee. HAHA).
-Ziva got her AMERICAN passport! McGee really is a great friend...the type of person you share great news with!
-Abby opens up about her family. Can't wait to see more of her life story!
-Gibbs adjusting Ducky's tie... We often forget that Gibbs and Ducky go wayyy back. We know they are best friends but we often overlook the type of camaraderie they share. The bow tie scene was kind of a way to say "Duck, shut up, we have work to do" but in a more respectful way than his normal gruff self.
-Senior and Junior are very much alike but Tony is a better man.
-Looks like the team appreciates each other more and acknowledges the skills and knowledge, including the PERSONALITY they bring to the table.
-Tim feeling very uncomfortable revealing the (...TBC)
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
prophetess01
prophetess01
93. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:38 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:38 AM EST
See, Cracked is now just a vague memory. This episode got us back on track, and we are all anticipating the rest of the season. I thought the first episode would never get here, and now we are ready for episode 8, right? Time flies when you're having fun! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
94. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:41 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:41 AM EST
"OHHHHHHHHHHHH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeee that scene! That was incredibly hilarious!!!! Not just because of what was said, but because of WHO said it (and of course the way it was done. =P).

If it was only Tony it would still have been funny BUT TIM AS WELL? Another priceless scene!!!"
I loved that scene too and I would like to see more of them.

Ziva is, after all, a probationary field agent. They've all been through the hazing. We didn't get to see Tony's since he was already an established field agent but we did get to witness McGee's at the hands of Tony and Kate (sometimes Gibbs). It would be nice to see them gang up on Ziva more often in order to haze her.

I was getting tired of McGee and Ziva ganging up on Tony or Tony and Ziva ganging up on McGee - this was a refreshing change.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
rosecake
rosecake
95. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:43 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:43 AM EST
"I loved that scene too and I would like to see more of them.

Ziva is, after all, a probationary field agent. They've all been through the hazing. We didn't get to see Tony's since he was already an established field agent but we did get to witness McGee's at the hands of Tony and Kate (sometimes Gibbs). It would be nice to see them gang up on Ziva more often in order to haze her.

I was getting tired of McGee and Ziva ganging up on Tony or Tony and Ziva ganging up on McGee - this was a refreshing change. "
I totally agree with you. We needed fresh air :)))
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
96. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:52 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:52 AM EST
(continuationt)
-Tim feeling very uncomfortable revealing the 4th passenger on the jet. This was a very "family dynamics" scene. They may annoy and put each other down but when it counts, Team Gibbs will back each other up and be sensitive to painful topics.
-Versatility: They are all so very very good at what they dooooooo!
~Ziva *is* a weapon, she is a good investigator, a good shot (almost as Good as Gibbs), able to defend and protect herself and others - basically she's the person you want protecting you and your country!
~McGee is the tech savvy member of the team who is a certified field agent with several degrees under his belt and has extensive knowledge to help Abby in the lab. His heart is huge and he balances the team's unconventional ways by his by-the-book personality.
~Tony has street smarts, charm, the ability to think outside the box and think fast, is able to buffer and lighten tension, has the skills and knowledge to lead a team and so on. I keep saying how he is like his father with the charm and charisma but he's a better man because he does not exploit people. Tony is also very much Gibb's son! He's got Gibb's insight and abilities but again, he is a better man in some ways: He knows how to deal with people! Gibbs doesn't (much to Jenny's frustration, LOL) and Tony does. I especially like the scene in Hiatus when Tony asked Jenny to give him lead on the case while Gibbs was in the hospital and he said "because that would be foolish (in his DiNozzo complaining way)... and you are no fool Director (in his mature, intelligent DiNozzo way.
~Gibbs. Need I say more? LOL!!! Gibbs is the anchor, the foundation of the team. He has phenomenal instinct (also called power by Abby as he manages to know everything, hehe), unmatched sniper abilities, willing to stick his neck out for the greater good ans SO MUCH MORE! This show would not be without him.
~Abby. (TBC)
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
97. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:55 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:55 AM EST
"I really enjoyed watching this episode. Robert Wagner is awesome. It's human nature for Tony to act the way he does. He is so very afraid of being embarrassed. Besides the embarrassment issue he doesn't want his father to be injured in any way. Tony, Sr., seems to find it all very amusing. When the woman at the party asked Tony, Sr., his relationship with Ziva he quoted Tony, Jr. verbatim...we have no relationship...it's strictly business. Right. The Ziva scene with the karate chops was great. The only thing I saw that didn't look up to snuff was when the bad guy ripped the camera brooch off of Ziva's dress. He was lucky his arm was still attached at the shoulder. It was just out of character for her to stand there and let him do that. I look forward for the next Robert Wagner episode whether in this season or season 9."
What I found weird about that scene was the fact that these two arms dealers decided to stop the daughter of the Director of Mossad and someone else from leaving without using a weapon? They were away from the party area - they could have had guns. I found that weird and figured it was because they wanted Ziva and Senior to take them out the way they did so that it would be funny.
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
98. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 6:57 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 6:57 AM EST
(continuation 2)
~Abby seems to be all heart but that's just because her heart is as big as her! But don't be fooled! Her brains are just as big. She is very smart, has a bubbly personality, keeps the team in a good mood... she's like the little sister you would protect at all costs even though she could be annoying and uses that devotion to her advantage (given she's not an evil person) sometimes.
~Ducky is the walking encyclopedia, the well of knowledge who freely shares. He is a superb Medical Examiner. No one dares question his findings. He is very well rounded and is very caring.
~Jimmy. Ah Jimmy, such a funny character but brings a great dynamic to the NCIS family. I want to see more of Jimmy and have a story revolve around him!

Alrighty, this is it for now!
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
99. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 7:02 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 7:02 AM EST
"He wasn't calling to let his son know he was in town - if that were true Senior would have showed up at NCIS instead of heading to a bus station. "
Or he could have decided to go to the bus station and leave because his son wasn't picking up.
mrs_picard
mrs_picard
100. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 7:03 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 7:03 AM EST
"Does she (Ziva) have a weapon? (Gibbs) "She IS a weapon.""
Yes that was soo funny!!
drduckymallard
drduckymallard
101. RE: Discuss episode 8.07 Broken Arrow here!
Nov 10 2010, 7:04 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 7:04 AM EST
"Oh, and Ziva dear? Next time you get an order to withdraw, do not argue with the Senior Field Agent. You get captured by terrorists when you don't listen to him. Just sayin'........"
I KNOW! I was surprised when she said just a minute.
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last