Discussion: A New Woman For GibbsReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 25  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

spenser4444
A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 16 2010, 12:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
I love NCIS, period! However, I think it is time to have Gibbs settle down somewhat and find a woman who he can share many things (work, life, peers, etc.) The woman that would be best suited should be someone he is familiar, maybe a friend of Shannon's from the past. If Gibbs were to visit his dad and have them meet (his dad being the one who gets them started someway), we might have an interesting relationship starting which may also add a little more dimension to this already complex man. The woman that I had in mind that would be perfect for him, would be his real-life wife, Pam Dawber. They have such a great chemistry! For sure, the writers could put together something really great. Gibbs definitely needs this anchor.....and it could be very interesting from the get go. Chew on that for a while! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bellswebster
1. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 16 2010, 3:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
Yes, we have discussed this a few times. Mark Harmon himself said he didn't really want Gibbs to have any permanent relationship. But we have all said that he needs female friends. Holly Snow being one of them. I don't really want Malison Hart to be one though. And Pam has been thought to be a good contender by a lot of members to be the possibly only one us fans would be happy for Gibbs to have as a permant relationship...lol...not yet though. There are a lot of us who don't want ncis to turn into some soap opera with "in between the sheet" stuff going on all the time. Do you find this valuable?    
Mona92
Mona92
2. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 16 2010, 4:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
"Yes, we have discussed this a few times. Mark Harmon himself said he didn't really want Gibbs to have any permanent relationship. But we have all said that he needs female friends. Holly Snow being one of them. I don't really want Malison Hart to be one though. And Pam has been thought to be a good contender by a lot of members to be the possibly only one us fans would be happy for Gibbs to have as a permant relationship...lol...not yet though. There are a lot of us who don't want ncis to turn into some soap opera with "in between the sheet" stuff going on all the time. "
Oh, Bells, why can't we respect Mark Harmon's wish not to have a permanent relationship for Gibbs?
And I think not ALL fans agree on your thoughts that he absolutely needs female friends. I think that there are as well lots of fans who don't think that Gibbs absolutely needs them. Like lots of other people in real life, he has already friends he can rely on. And in addition, as well I would like Ms Hart to stay where she is now I wouldn't like Madam Holly Snow to come back. I am sorry, but I didn't see any sparks flying. I only saw a madam who tried to save her skin with those sorts of weapons she had learned in her profession.
Do you find this valuable?    

bellswebster
3. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 16 2010, 4:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 4:43 PM EDT
Sorry, poor wording, I meant "fans in general" have commented that Gibbs needs a few female friends. You don't need sparks as such for a friendship. Friends can be on different levels of a relationship. If you are a true friend to anyone you will accept them for who or what they are. You don't have to be "personally " involved in all their activities..lol...I just hope if someone does arrive, its kept at arms length as hopefully all the other ships are will be. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

spenser4444
4. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 16 2010, 6:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
"You don't need sparks as such for a friendship. Friends can be on different levels of a relationship."

This is what I totally agree with. Earlier, when I mentioned that it would be nice to have Gibbs with someone, I really didn't wanted it to be a hot and heavy relationship. I just thought it would be nice to see him find a friend (back home where he grew up) who he could be close to, open up to like he did with Shannon and I thought Pam Dawber would be perfect for him. I know we are all really protective of the people on NCIS and would never want to see these relationships ruined or the chemistry. Just wanted to throw the idea out there.

bellswebster
5. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 16 2010, 7:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
""You don't need sparks as such for a friendship. Friends can be on different levels of a relationship."

This is what I totally agree with. Earlier, when I mentioned that it would be nice to have Gibbs with someone, I really didn't wanted it to be a hot and heavy relationship. I just thought it would be nice to see him find a friend (back home where he grew up) who he could be close to, open up to like he did with Shannon and I thought Pam Dawber would be perfect for him. I know we are all really protective of the people on NCIS and would never want to see these relationships ruined or the chemistry. Just wanted to throw the idea out there. "
Good idea you have there. I like it. Everybody could do with a few friends no matter what life style one lives or does for a living. Gibbs would do well with someone to do his ironing too I believe..lol...and someone who can bring home the right dinner as requested..lol..
We know he is friends with Tobias and Mike. Is there another male who is his friend? I can't think of anyone off hand. He did have another ncis officer friend but he was killed. Sam..I think his name was?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Mona92
Mona92
6. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 16 2010, 8:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
"Good idea you have there. I like it. Everybody could do with a few friends no matter what life style one lives or does for a living. Gibbs would do well with someone to do his ironing too I believe..lol...and someone who can bring home the right dinner as requested..lol..
We know he is friends with Tobias and Mike. Is there another male who is his friend? I can't think of anyone off hand. He did have another ncis officer friend but he was killed. Sam..I think his name was?"
Hi Bells, sorry, but don't you think that it's time in today’s world that men can do ironing and prepare a meal as well as women? I think Gibbs has learned these skills very well though he sometimes calls himself a chauvinist. I don't think that’s just the chores what friends are for. JMO. As for friends, what about Jackson, Ducky and his team, as well as I can see growing a personal friendship with Vance growing. And as for his hometown Stillwater, we saw in “Heartland” that there are no positive memories of his time there.

bellswebster
7. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 16 2010, 11:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 11:57 PM EDT
I was joking about the chores mate... lol..Gibbs has probably been doing them himself since his last wife left...lol..Ducky would be a friend. I do think that he mentioned it once that they had been friends for 10 years, when Jenny first told him about Shannon and Kelly. Tony has become a friend, and Abby of course. Ziva and McGee are really close work friends..and Vance I think will become a friend in due course. The only other person would be Hollis Mann. We havn't heard about her for a few seasons since she retired to Hawaii. Do you find this valuable?    
Mona92
Mona92
8. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 17 2010, 7:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 7:35 AM EDT
"I was joking about the chores mate... lol..Gibbs has probably been doing them himself since his last wife left...lol..Ducky would be a friend. I do think that he mentioned it once that they had been friends for 10 years, when Jenny first told him about Shannon and Kelly. Tony has become a friend, and Abby of course. Ziva and McGee are really close work friends..and Vance I think will become a friend in due course. The only other person would be Hollis Mann. We havn't heard about her for a few seasons since she retired to Hawaii. "
Hi, Bells, like Margy I’m happy as Punch that we haven't heard anything about manly Mann. Like our Margy I also hope the sharks have eaten her for dinner. LOL. NO, she was too dominating, aggressive and made Gibbs a fool in front of his team. Friends don’t do that!
All in all, dear Bells, I think we could go on discussing this topic as long as we want; both of us have different opinions on this issue. LOL. The only one to determine what happens on NCIS is TPTB. But we should not forget that this series was started as a crime procedural with specific characters who give us humor and banter and, I think both of us can agree on this - not as a soap opera. So I think it's pointless to play match maker.
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
9. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 17 2010, 9:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
""You don't need sparks as such for a friendship. Friends can be on different levels of a relationship."

This is what I totally agree with. Earlier, when I mentioned that it would be nice to have Gibbs with someone, I really didn't wanted it to be a hot and heavy relationship. I just thought it would be nice to see him find a friend (back home where he grew up) who he could be close to, open up to like he did with Shannon and I thought Pam Dawber would be perfect for him. I know we are all really protective of the people on NCIS and would never want to see these relationships ruined or the chemistry. Just wanted to throw the idea out there. "
First of all Spenser4444, Gibbs is NOT the type of man to "open up" to a lot of people. The few he's willing to do this with have been Ducky, Mike Franks, and possibly Fornell. Clearly, Gibbs is "married" to his job, and there will never be a woman who can or will take priority. Personally, I think that the desire for deep romance for the characters will eventually run it's lovesick course with serious NCIS fans. At least I hope that it will *smiling*. Thanks for putting this idea out here for us, though. It was bound to foster some discussion, which is always a good thing.
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
10. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 17 2010, 9:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
"I was joking about the chores mate... lol..Gibbs has probably been doing them himself since his last wife left...lol..Ducky would be a friend. I do think that he mentioned it once that they had been friends for 10 years, when Jenny first told him about Shannon and Kelly. Tony has become a friend, and Abby of course. Ziva and McGee are really close work friends..and Vance I think will become a friend in due course. The only other person would be Hollis Mann. We havn't heard about her for a few seasons since she retired to Hawaii. "
Well Bells...there is such a thing as "friends", and "intimate friends"....and I mean "intimate" in the sense that you're willing to "bear your soul", but not necessarly your body, with them. Gibbs, in one way or another has "befriended" every member of his team, but very wisely has kept his "body" to himself, along with most of what rests in his "soul". And, OMG Bells....Hollis Mann? If she returns to NCIS, and especially to Gibbs, I'll flat out puke! If you're just kidding again about her, too, then how about Jules? What a gem there! LOL!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
sueKay87
sueKay87
11. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 17 2010, 9:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
I don't think it would be right for the Gibbs character to settle down at this juncture...he tried and failed that several times after Shannon, and the lack of a new wife in 9 or 10 years (I'm guessing with timescales he was probably newly divorced when he hired Abby, Tony and Viv) screams out that he's learned to be on his own, and he's probably so set in his ways now that no woman could put up with it.

But I wouldn't mind if Gibbs got to have a little fun or a little flirt every now and then,,,He is human after all, lol!

bellswebster
12. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 17 2010, 11:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Well...hopefully Gibbs will find some worthwhile female friends somewhere along the line. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
13. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 17 2010, 3:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
"Well...hopefully Gibbs will find some worthwhile female friends somewhere along the line. "
He can have all the lady friends he likes, as long as they never visit the office, get involved with his work or take screen time away from anyone on the team! Hmm, I guess that means totally "offscreen"!
LOL, speaking of Hollis Mann, that actress previously played a science fiction creature called a "Borg" - part machine, part flesh & blood and pure evil - and I thought of that everytime I saw her in her Army fatigues! *Shudder*

bellswebster
14. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 17 2010, 3:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
"He can have all the lady friends he likes, as long as they never visit the office, get involved with his work or take screen time away from anyone on the team! Hmm, I guess that means totally "offscreen"!
LOL, speaking of Hollis Mann, that actress previously played a science fiction creature called a "Borg" - part machine, part flesh & blood and pure evil - and I thought of that everytime I saw her in her Army fatigues! *Shudder*"
Oh, so she hasn't changed any then...lol..
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
hadapurpura
hadapurpura
15. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Oct 17 2010, 4:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
I think everybody knows my opinion on this, but unless my wishes come true, I wouldn't like to see him with another woman, simply because I can't imagine him with someone who "completes" him, so to speak, or at least, who keeps up with him, and every woman they try to throw at him - with the notable exception of Fornell ;) - is unbearable. Do you find this valuable?    
ncis-ljgibbs
ncis-ljgibbs
16. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Dec 26 2010, 6:19 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2010, 6:19 PM EST
i like malisson hart :)) am i the only one who likes her?? Do you find this valuable?    

bellswebster
17. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Dec 26 2010, 6:32 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2010, 6:32 PM EST
Possibily ncis-ljgibbs. ..I think there are others who don't mind her.
Personally i don't feel she is the right one for him..there was no sparks there for any developing friendship. But Gibbs is a loner, yes, but loners do have friends that see sometimes. This would be my wish for Gibbs. But as Mark Harmon has said he doesn't want Gibbs to have a permanent relationship with anyone. So I can live with that too.

FFFrog
18. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Dec 26 2010, 9:32 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2010, 9:32 PM EST
"Possibily ncis-ljgibbs. ..I think there are others who don't mind her.
Personally i don't feel she is the right one for him..there was no sparks there for any developing friendship. But Gibbs is a loner, yes, but loners do have friends that see sometimes. This would be my wish for Gibbs. But as Mark Harmon has said he doesn't want Gibbs to have a permanent relationship with anyone. So I can live with that too."
I have no problems who he dates so long as we are not along for the ride and they don't get caught up with cases or the team in anything more than a passing comment in a corridor way.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bellswebster
19. RE: A New Woman For Gibbs
Dec 26 2010, 9:44 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2010, 9:44 PM EST
I can live with that too, even an occassional meal..not atomic though...lol...and a chat. As long as they wave goodbye at the door when the moon comes up...lol.. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)