Discussion: The Off-Topic Random Chat ThreadReported This is a featured thread This thread was locked for the following reason: (none given).

Showing 801 - 820 of 1256  |  Show  posts at a time
First < Previous | 41 42 43 44 45 | Next > Last
sueKay87
sueKay87
802. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Jan 9 2012, 3:49 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2012, 3:49 AM EST
"Seems the erratic weather is affecting everyone in every country. I feel sorry for the birds and other wildlife that would of been relying on the trees. Scotland is such a beautiful place, i would just love to visit there.
Good to read you have a few opportunities in the pipe line. Always nice when you can choose instead of just takiong whatever, but I guess that keeps you going until something better comes along."
I was going to take whatever, like my last job, but it was live-in and the conditions were third world...The job was rubbish but I could have coped with it, but not with the accommodation...It was grim :(

Ah well, at least the storms have given us Scots something to laugh about (we've given them rather rude names lol) so here's some funny videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPKb9z4l7eM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSqbWWRS1lM

But here's some pics of the damage:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16392381
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16094360
Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
803. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Jan 9 2012, 10:16 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2012, 10:16 AM EST
Its surprising just how some winds can turn over a large truck and uproot thick trees like toothpicks.
ncisno1
ncisno1
804. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Jan 10 2012, 9:03 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2012, 9:03 AM EST
Hi, Does anyone know where the hash key is on a MacBook? Does it have one? I know that sounds like a stupid question, sorry but it's driving me crazy! Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
805. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Jan 10 2012, 11:26 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2012, 11:28 PM EST
"Hi, Does anyone know where the hash key is on a MacBook? Does it have one? I know that sounds like a stupid question, sorry but it's driving me crazy!"
Is there a MacBook help website that you can go to? Check the internet...maybe its under Apple?
ncisno1
ncisno1
806. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Jan 11 2012, 3:06 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2012, 3:06 AM EST
It's okay I found it thanks :) Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
807. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Jan 25 2012, 1:53 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 25 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Happy Australia Day to all Aussies.!

Happy Robbie Burns Day to all the Scottish members.
1787 - A ROSE-BUD By My EARLY WALK...From Robbie Burns Offical webstite.
http://www.robertburns.org/

A Rose-bud by my early walk,
Adown a corn-enclosed bawk,
Sae gently bent its thorny stalk,
All on a dewy morning.
Ere twice the shades o' dawn are fled,
In a' its crimson glory spread,
And drooping rich the dewy head,
It scents the early morning.

Within the bush her covert nest
A little linnet fondly prest;
The dew sat chilly on her breast,
Sae early in the morning.
She soon shall see her tender brood,
The pride, the pleasure o' the wood,
Amang the fresh green leaves bedew'd,
Awake the early morning.

So thou, dear bird, young Jeany fair,
On trembling string or vocal air,
Shall sweetly pay the tender care
That tents thy early morning.
So thou, sweet Rose-bud, young and gay,
Shalt beauteous blaze upon the day,
And bless the parent's evening ray
That watch'd thy early morning.
bellswebster
bellswebster
808. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Mar 5 2012, 10:06 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2012, 10:06 PM EST
WETPAINT UPDATE 6th March, 2012.
Alex Weinstein here, Director of Technology and Product at Wetpaint. We’ve received multiple reports from our community about the slowdown of the wikis over the last couple of months. Please accept our apologies for this pain. As wiki owners and users ourselves, we know how frustrating it can be to wait for page to load.

We have heard you and are investing to make improvements to our Wikis infrastructure and restore the quality of service you have come to expect. Specifically, we have purchased a new, powerful server which we’ll use it as a database server to power the back-end systems for the wikis.

Timeline:
- We’ve ordered the server hardware last week.
- Hardware arrived on Friday, March 2; we’ve run performance tests on the system over the weekend, and the results are very promising – it’s over 8 times faster in our tests than the old box.
- We’re configuring the server this week, with the target to deploy it in production on Monday, March 12. You will see the improvements in both uptime and the loading speed of the website then.

Thanks so much for your patience as we work through these issues. Expect an update on March 12th with the status of the deployment.
callerbear
callerbear
809. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Mar 8 2012, 5:56 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 8 2012, 5:56 AM EST
"We’re configuring the server this week, with the target to deploy it in production on Monday, March 12. You will see the improvements in both uptime and the loading speed of the website then.
"

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

As an IT guy, I understand exactly what you're going through. Thanks for putting in the new server... looking forward to the improvements!
bellswebster
bellswebster
810. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Mar 16 2012, 10:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Here's some fun videos, particularly for the Irish members on our wiki who celebrate St. Patricks Day, 17th March.

Sung by Gaelic Storms - "Drarcy Donkey" song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6N6W59nQh4&feature=related

Andre Rieu playing Irish music song Washerwoman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-JAP7Kf1cI

How about some tap dancing with Michael Flatley doing an Al Capone number to "Tiger Celtic."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=polsYWBMlAk&feature=related

and lastly with Roy Zimmerman..."What if the Beatles were Irish."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFjH4ZqwOB4

Hope you all enjoy.

ny050106sc
ny050106sc
811. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Mar 21 2012, 12:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
I just need to vent:
I viewed the the promo for the updated NCIS game. I can say I was disappointed but not surprised that McGee was not in any of the areas such, about, screens etc. Doesn't he count more. I am truly disapointed. McGee is still part of the show, but they treat the character like he doesn't matter or belong. I love to send the shows promo people or whoever handles this stuff and give them a piece of my mind. McGee has been full team member since season 2 why do they not treat him like everyone else, but of course they do not give out that kind of information.
bellswebster
bellswebster
812. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Mar 21 2012, 1:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
"I just need to vent:
I viewed the the promo for the updated NCIS game. I can say I was disappointed but not surprised that McGee was not in any of the areas such, about, screens etc. Doesn't he count more. I am truly disapointed. McGee is still part of the show, but they treat the character like he doesn't matter or belong. I love to send the shows promo people or whoever handles this stuff and give them a piece of my mind. McGee has been full team member since season 2 why do they not treat him like everyone else, but of course they do not give out that kind of information.
"
Have you got a link to this promo?
ny050106sc
ny050106sc
813. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Mar 21 2012, 2:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
"Have you got a link to this promo?"
Why yes I do,
http://www.ncismobilegame.com/
bellswebster
bellswebster
814. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Mar 21 2012, 3:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Thanks you very much, I'll pass on the link to others. Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
815. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
Apr 5 2012, 1:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2012, 1:06 AM EDT
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/pageviews/2012/04/introducing-our-man-from-uncle-contest-heres-your-chance-to-win-some-classic-pulp

Want to win a set of Man From UNCLE Books?
Write a short reason why you should be the winner (less than 200 words) and email it to the address in the link. Entries close on Wednesday 11th April, 2012

stitchious
816. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
May 4 2012, 3:38 AM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2012, 3:38 AM EDT
Hi im new here and have a random question, not sure if this has been asked before and I apologise if it has, but does anyone know what the device is that Ziva is using while she is interrogating Nikolai Puchenko in 4x04? Thanks Stitch Do you find this valuable?    
ny050106sc
ny050106sc
818. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
May 19 2012, 8:15 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2012, 8:15 AM EDT
I want to know if the show runners of NCIS are listening to the fans. Do they ready what we write to they care? I have never seen any reponses (except live chats on Twitter) with questions about the characters Do you find this valuable?    
KathleenPhelan
KathleenPhelan
819. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
May 19 2012, 10:33 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
"I want to know if the show runners of NCIS are listening to the fans. Do they ready what we write to they care? I have never seen any reponses (except live chats on Twitter) with questions about the characters"
On some levels they may but quite frankly I don't think we should be dictating or what not how to write, or create their show. I realize we have put a lot of hours discussing it but we don't get the megabucks they do to write, and or create. I have to tihnk that what they try to do and can do and all that may have limitations based on time, cost, and what ever else.
ny050106sc
ny050106sc
820. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
May 19 2012, 11:25 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
"On some levels they may but quite frankly I don't think we should be dictating or what not how to write, or create their show. I realize we have put a lot of hours discussing it but we don't get the megabucks they do to write, and or create. I have to tihnk that what they try to do and can do and all that may have limitations based on time, cost, and what ever else. "
I was more thinking more in the line of what characers we love and hate. Do they the show runners really care what we think if they got rid of a major character.
bellswebster
bellswebster
821. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
May 19 2012, 1:59 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
Speaking in general terms, writers write the way they would like to see their characters develop. I don't feel anyone has a right to tell them, whether they are paid or not, how to write their own creation, or stories. Ideas by others are always welcome, but ultimately it is the writers who should have all the say. It is hard for any one writer to please 'the many', so they don't. They go with what works with the majority of followers and with those that have the same thoughts and ideas like their own. Successful writers are paid for their works and will always have a writers job. They have to write what makes them feel happy and satisfied, otherwise writing to please many others often just brings out criticisms with no matter what you present them with.
I don't know of any major character whom a writer has created or written about that they have gotten rid off unless it was either because they felt the character was no longer viable, full filled their purpose and couldn't take the character any further, or in the case of a tv or film scriptwriter, that the character wasn't accepted by the majority or they wanted to leave themselves.
Regarding the NCIS scriptwriters, if people read their blogs and interviews that are available by link on this site, they would see that the writers are happy with their characters. They like where the episodes lead them.
I can see a lot of consideration as to what fans want does go into what does get written, its just that they can't please everyone. For those who continually watch any television show that they find uninteresting for what ever reason, it always makes me curious as to why they keep watching. Sometimes its best to 'go with the flow' and enjoy the ride with whats on offer.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
822. RE: The Off-Topic Random Chat Thread
May 19 2012, 2:25 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
Can we keep this discussion polite without talking down to anyone. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
First < Previous | 41 42 43 44 45 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)