Discussion: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 100  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 5 | Next
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 1:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
McAbby: to be or not to be that is the question :)
Anyways i figured since theres a thread similar to this for Tiva, McAbby should have one as well!
Now remember keep it clean, and play nice i dont want to be responsible for a writers war OK? :)

So fans of the world the question that every fan (well maybe not ever fan) around the world asks themselves before they go to sleep at night: Are Goths and Geeks meant for eachother?
6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
1. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 3:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
There is a definate friendship there. I feel it is more real than Tiva. It is very obvious that McGee and Abby have feelings for one another. McGee is softer and appears understanding of Abby and her ways. They have slept together, shared his apartment with her in a crisis and they seem to know where the other is coming from. I love watching these two together. They work well together. They have their little spats but make up easy enough. If there is any pairing that would have a good chance of working I feel these two might make it. 7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
kjeppen
kjeppen
2. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 4:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 4:24 PM EDT
I would rather see McAbby together than Tiva. I feel that if McGee and Abby would become a couple we wouldn't need to see their relationship on screen that much. Putting McGee and Abby together would be easier than putting Tony and Ziva together.

Plus, I see more romance between McGee and Abby, I don't really see any basis for a relationship between Tony and Ziva
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
3. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 4:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 4:53 PM EDT
I think also that because McAbby is the way it is the writers of the show would be able to pull off their relationship with out making it all mushy and, well, unMcAbby-ish. Thats why Abby and McGee have so many fans and are an easily well liked couple beacuse they are very VERY unique and unusual and that generally atracts people. All together i think the writers would have an easier time making McAbby happen and keep NCIS the way it is than they would Tiva. plus because Abby and McGee's relationship is based off of a strong frienship they most likely would stick together! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
4. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 4:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
I wouldn't like to see a full blown relationship though. It would be just as hard to keep it on a low level as it is keeping Tiva that way. No matter who it is in any relationship started, it will only be wanted by fans to grow. Then you would end up with the same scenario as Tiva. So the more to a low, but close friendship they keep it the better. JMO Do you find this valuable?    
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
5. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 4:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 5:01 PM EDT
"I wouldn't like to see a full blown relationship though. It would be just as hard to keep it on a low level as it is keeping Tiva that way. No matter who it is in any relationship started, it will only be wanted by fans to grow. Then you would end up with the same scenario as Tiva. So the more to a low, but close friendship they keep it the better. JMO"
very true for this reason also i would prefer McAbby to just keep a firm friendship with little added quirks like in "Faith" until the end of the series because then it would not give fans time to want more but the will be satisfied by the ending of the show
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
6. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 5:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 5:04 PM EDT
"very true for this reason also i would prefer McAbby to just keep a firm friendship with little added quirks like in "Faith" until the end of the series because then it would not give fans time to want more but the will be satisfied by the ending of the show"
I agree with that. And I do believe that these two particular team members would do well together as a couple.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
7. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 5:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
I would like to add, by keeping them as a couple "down to a dull roar"..the writers wouldn't paint themselves into a corner as it appears to have happened with Tiva. JMO. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
8. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 5:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
"I would like to add, by keeping them as a couple "down to a dull roar"..the writers wouldn't paint themselves into a corner as it appears to have happened with Tiva. JMO."
good point
with McAbby also the writers dont exactly keep u on the edge of your seat but they keep you wondering if McAbby really will happen when with Tiva u automatically know that their ships gonna sail...but with McAbby even the most devoted fan has a small lingering doubt wether or not McAbby will happen. Its not that McAbby is any less intriguing that or convincing than Tiva its just that with Tiva the writers have already set in stone whats gonna happen and with McAbby they keep u wondering so much your gonna totally come back for the next episode to see how it plays out.
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
9. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 5:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 5:23 PM EDT
"good point
with McAbby also the writers dont exactly keep u on the edge of your seat but they keep you wondering if McAbby really will happen when with Tiva u automatically know that their ships gonna sail...but with McAbby even the most devoted fan has a small lingering doubt wether or not McAbby will happen. Its not that McAbby is any less intriguing that or convincing than Tiva its just that with Tiva the writers have already set in stone whats gonna happen and with McAbby they keep u wondering so much your gonna totally come back for the next episode to see how it plays out. "
You know that McAbby did happen in the past, right? Before Gibbs hired McGee, while he was still stationed at Norfolk....
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
10. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 5:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 6:16 PM EDT
"You know that McAbby did happen in the past, right? Before Gibbs hired McGee, while he was still stationed at Norfolk...."
oh i know its just that Abby and McGee honestly didnt know eachother that well at all back then. I know he stayed at her apartment in "Reveille" but thats also my point, McAbby isnt this Soap-Opera-ish gushy love story and personally i wouldnt want them to spend another night in the coffin because that purely just isnt how McAbby is!...also its just that it takes a lot longer than 6 months to have the strong friendship that they have now a days!JMO!
OK im going tostop typing now cause im starting to sound like one of those one minded psycho fans that has no life and does nothing but sit at the computer all day eating chocolate ice cream and lives only for the romances of imaginary characters!
Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
11. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 5:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 5:37 PM EDT
"You know that McAbby did happen in the past, right? Before Gibbs hired McGee, while he was still stationed at Norfolk...."
Yes, and thankfully, it hasn't become a centre point and a distraction to the show. People can have relationships that at first don't work out. That was years ago too. As I said I wouldn't like to have them as a couple of lovers or anything. I'd just like to see a little bit more of their friendship shine out, but not like a lighthouse beacon.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
12. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 5:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 5:58 PM EDT
"Yes, and thankfully, it hasn't become a centre point and a distraction to the show. People can have relationships that at first don't work out. That was years ago too. As I said I wouldn't like to have them as a couple of lovers or anything. I'd just like to see a little bit more of their friendship shine out, but not like a lighthouse beacon."
well said :)...id say more like a lantern or well a little bit brighter than a flash light maybe like those extra powerful ones...sorry this is getting completely off subject :)
tara_persad
tara_persad
13. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 5:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
I think that both McGee and Abby still have feelings for eachother, especially cause they both seem to get jealous when the other is seeing someone else. They were together in season 2 and it was implied that they even slept together and they broke up, but despite that they are very close friends, they confide in each other about almost everything. This is on relationship that didn't work out, yet the two people have remained close friends. If they get back together, I doubt very much that it would be a big thing, the writers would mention it now and again and they will be a few scenes of them together, but nothing big. It's good that Tim and Abby have remained close friends over the years. And they are close friends despite being together and breaking up cause they have things in common, and they get along well and have known each other long. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
14. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 6:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
"oh i know its just that Abby and McGee honestly didnt know eachother that well at all back then. I know he stayed at her apartment in "Reveille" but thats also my point, McAbby isnt this Soap-Opera-ish gushy love story and personally i wouldnt want them to spend another night in the coffin because that purely just how McAbby is!...also its just that it takes a lot longer than 6 months to have the strong friendship that they have now a days!JMO!
OK im going tostop typing now cause im starting to sound like one of those one minded psycho fans that has no life and does nothing but sit at the computer all day eating chocolate ice cream and lives only for the romances of imaginary characters!"
You have chocolate ice cream!..*holds out plate*
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
15. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 6:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
"You have chocolate ice cream!..*holds out plate*"
sorry it was an icecream sandwhich and its all gone now =)
sammysoso
sammysoso
16. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 6:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 6:25 PM EDT
I really do like the chemistry between Abby and McGee, but I don't see them together romantically.

Rather, I see them as really good, close friends, best friends really, that tried out a romantic relationship, found it didn't really work that way, and went back to being just friends, but with a really strong bond
McAbbyGirl4Eva
McAbbyGirl4Eva
17. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 6:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 6:29 PM EDT
"I really do like the chemistry between Abby and McGee, but I don't see them together romantically.

Rather, I see them as really good, close friends, best friends really, that tried out a romantic relationship, found it didn't really work that way, and went back to being just friends, but with a really strong bond"
but have u ever noticed most relationships work out best when your best friends with the person? JMO
bellswebster
bellswebster
18. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 6:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
"sorry it was an icecream sandwhich and its all gone now =)"
Awwww...lol..
bellswebster
bellswebster
19. RE: McAbby-To Be or Not To Be?
Aug 21 2010, 6:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 6:36 PM EDT
"but have u ever noticed most relationships work out best when your best friends with the person? JMO"
Yes that can happen. The relationship is taken much slower and the couple get to know one another better. I hope that this bond that they do have just strengthens enough to let everyone see that they respect one another and care a lot without the expected "mush" to have to go with it.
2 3 4 5 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)