Discussion: Leon Vance and Eli DavidReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
MargyW
MargyW
Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 16 2010, 11:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 16 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
My blog entry for the day:

http://www.ncisfanwiki.com/page/NCIS+MODERATORS%27+BLOG+111

I would like to hear your opinions on the subject.
Do you find this valuable?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
1. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 16 2010, 3:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 16 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
This is an interesting relationship in NCIS. They are friends, but friends for their own gain, and they play well for their own gain. It's like you said, they are both patriots, they are merely using each other for inside info on the other country and they know that. No matter how bad a situation gets, they have got to play nice, or else they will lose inside guy. But Eli is definitely using Vance, more than it seems Vnace is using Eli. Do you find this valuable?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
2. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 16 2010, 4:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 16 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
I don't know if I'd call them friends, or certainly not real friends. Political friends, friends by expediency...what's the ditch soldiers jump in...foxhole? So friends of that nature. I think they've both figured out ways to use their relationship to each's advantage and up until recently, that "friendship" was beneficial for both countries or at least both agencies. Now, as you say, the situation has changed...OR..has it? Is there something we don't know about? Hopefully we'll learn more in S8! Do you find this valuable?    
Mona92
Mona92
3. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 18 2010, 3:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2010, 3:06 PM EDT
"I don't know if I'd call them friends, or certainly not real friends. Political friends, friends by expediency...what's the ditch soldiers jump in...foxhole? So friends of that nature. I think they've both figured out ways to use their relationship to each's advantage and up until recently, that "friendship" was beneficial for both countries or at least both agencies. Now, as you say, the situation has changed...OR..has it? Is there something we don't know about? Hopefully we'll learn more in S8! "

Hi GHMNCIS, I agree with your comment. A real friendship needs respect and trust on both sides. I can only see respect as long as the claims and concerns of either country aren't affected. Trust, we won't find it in their relationship. I'd rather call it playing nice.
bellswebster
bellswebster
4. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 21 2010, 4:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 4:19 AM EDT
Where was Vance and what did he do before he came to NCIS?...Do we know?... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
5. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 21 2010, 1:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 24 2010, 7:51 PM EDT
"Where was Vance and what did he do before he came to NCIS?...Do we know?..."
We know a little bit for sure and more that's supposition. He is married with 2 kids, met his wife at a college basketball game and that he had "supposedly" been in the Naval Academy (Annapolis?), left the navy due to a detached retina. We know the detached retina really happened to his dead friend ...the one who used the name Tyler Owen. It is possible that our "Leon Vance" started out life as Tyler Owen. By the time our Vance & dead guy Owens went to Chicago to start boxing, the name switch (if any) already happened. ?: was our Vance really at Annapolis...its tough to get into, requires political (i.e., congressperson) sponsorship, I think. The whole detached retina/boxing in Chicago/Naval Academy scenario is murky! Why did he really leave the Navy?

Concrete facts: Vance was in Paris when Gibbs & Jen were there. In Internal Affairs, Vance paid Gibbs back some money from that time - assuming he was in NCIS at that time, which I think was 9 years prior. He knows Mike Franks - again I am supposing he knows him from Mike's days in NIS/NCIS. Mike retired in 1996 (verified w/ Hiatus) Vance has been in NCIS since before Mike's retirement.. Internal Affairs takes place in 2008, & have also assumed that the Gibbs-Shepard partnership took place after Franks retired, would be at least 1997/98. Put that all together, Vance has likely been in NCIS since at least the year Franks retired, probably longer. There's not a lot of information that has been verified, is there Bells? And a LOT of questions! So no clue as to the circumstances of his meeting Eli ...in Amsterdam? Intriguing!
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
6. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 21 2010, 2:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
Thanks for all that info darl. Very much appreciated. Do you find this valuable?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
7. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 21 2010, 4:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
"Thanks for all that info darl. Very much appreciated."
Thanks for giving me my episodes to watch next - Hiatus for Franks' year of retirement and Aliyah for any mention of how long ago Eli & Vance met in Amsterdam! Knock Out as well, but I don't have it, so will have to wait to confirm what service Vance was supposedly in.
bellswebster
bellswebster
8. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 21 2010, 6:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2010, 6:58 PM EDT
Well, we are all ears when you are ready...thanks again. Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
9. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 22 2010, 11:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2010, 11:22 AM EDT
"We know a little bit for sure and more that's supposition. He is married with 2 kids, met his wife at a college basketball game and that he had "supposedly" been in the Naval Academy (Annapolis?), left the navy due to a detached retina. We know the detached retina really happened to his dead friend ...the one who used the name Tyler Owen. It is possible that our "Leon Vance" started out life as Tyler Owen. By the time our Vance & dead guy Owens went to Chicago to start boxing, the name switch (if any) already happened. ?: was our Vance really at Annapolis...its tough to get into, requires political (i.e., congressperson) sponsorship, I think. The whole detached retina/boxing in Chicago/Naval Academy scenario is murky! Why did he really leave the Navy?

Concrete facts: Vance was in Paris when Gibbs & Jen were there. In Internal Affairs, Vance paid Gibbs back some money from that time - assuming he was in NCIS at that time, which I think was 9 years prior. He knows Mike Franks - again I am supposing he knows him from Mike's days in NIS/NCIS. Mike retired in 1995 (will check Hiatus) Vance has been in NCIS since before Mike's retirement.. Internal Affairs takes place in 2008, & have also assumed that the Gibbs-Shepard partnership took place after Franks retired, would be at least 1997/98. Put that all together, Vance has likely been in NCIS since at least the year Franks retired, probably longer. There's not a lot of information that has been verified, is there Bells? And a LOT of questions! So no clue as to the circumstances of his meeting Eli ...in Amsterdam? Intriguing! "
Not Navy. Marine. That is stated in Knockout.
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
10. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 22 2010, 12:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2010, 12:08 PM EDT
"Not Navy. Marine. That is stated in Knockout."
Hmm, well, therein lies my confusion. I remember that dead guy Tyler Owens was supposedly in the Marines, but there was no record of it, but I thought Jackie Vance said Leon had been at the Naval academy but had to leave due to a detached retina. I've wondered why, if they switched identities, they wouldn't both have been in the same service, so if it's both Marines, that makes more sense.
MargyW
MargyW
11. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 22 2010, 4:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
"Hmm, well, therein lies my confusion. I remember that dead guy Tyler Owens was supposedly in the Marines, but there was no record of it, but I thought Jackie Vance said Leon had been at the Naval academy but had to leave due to a detached retina. I've wondered why, if they switched identities, they wouldn't both have been in the same service, so if it's both Marines, that makes more sense. "
Nope. He was attending a basketball game at the naval academy when he met Jackie.

PlanetWorship
12. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 23 2010, 7:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 23 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
I DO NOT trust Vance!!!
For a few reasons:

1. The first thing he did when he got the directors job (ep5.19- Judgement day part2) That he took something out of his own file and shredded it.

2. The previously mentioned "identity swap" ??

3. The supposed emails from Ziva to Michael. (Does anyone else think these are from Vance- or am I just a conspiracy nut

4. The are too many unanswered questions about Zivas capture and resuce in season 6/7 and other things (Why was the rescue so easy? Why was Salim saking about NCIS? Why was Michael around around when Ziva was caught in the bomb blast?)

So I might be getting a bit off topic. lol. But I do like a good conspiracy....I eagerly wait for things to be revealed :D
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
13. RE: Leon Vance and Eli David
Aug 24 2010, 7:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 24 2010, 7:55 PM EDT
"Thanks for all that info darl. Very much appreciated."
LOl, got more tonight when I watched End Game, Bells. Vance says he was in some place with UN forces (Serbia, Prague?, I've forgotten already!), they pulled people in from all services and this was 17 years ago. Saw another post tonight that quoted Vance on NCIS LA as saying he was pretty green (new) at the time. (End Game and a NCIS LA episode made a crossover arc for the N. Korean killer) So he's been an NCIS agent for 17 years minimum...End Game shot & shown in 2009, around 1992, the year following Gibbs' joining NIS/NCIS (Aug. '91..Hiatus). .
Now, aren't you sorry you asked?!!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)