Discussion: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased OutReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
catwmn
catwmn
TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 5:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 5:36 AM EDT
I read an article in TV Guide about the last several episodes of NCIS and some are questioning whether Ziva's character is being phased out. I did see a different feel to the season after Masqerade maybe when the lawyer was on. Abby had a little storyline going, not as much as I expected and was promised but at least it was something. I've already heard they she is going to have a story (finally) in an early S8 ep. Tony and Gibbs were on in frequent storylines. McGee was with Tony on most trips, a little more than usual. I hope it's not true because I love when the whole team is on. I know that Ziva and Tony had an arc going from the end of S6 and the beginning of 7, but her small roles had me thinking with her contract up in S8. If they bring another female agent in this season, I think they are preparing for Ziva not returning. I just loved the chemistry of this group and am afraid that it will not be the same. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: NCIS

bellswebster
1. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 2:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 2:14 PM EDT
Its speculation only catwmn. Ziva had her turn in the limelight..so to speak...just because she or another character aren't in it all the time doesn't mean a thing. Who said they were bringing in another female agent? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
2. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 6:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 6:21 PM EDT
:'( :'( Poor Ziva, she is one of my fave character and my only fave female character of all time and she might no longer be in NCIS. I understand why people say that - not only cause she is no longer with Mossad but because that was her story, her background and now she is US citizen so there is probably not much to do with Ziva. But still she could be a normal character on the team, they don't have to write her out in season 8. Also there is always her mother if they wanna focus on Ziva again, they could have Eli try to get her back and whatnot. Look at McGee, he is normal and they is plenty use for him. Btw, if they write out Ziva, who will they replace her with? a normal, slightly special woman like Kate? Not that I did not like Kate, I like her, she was a nice character, but I prefer Ziva. Plus many people say that Kate was kinda boring and whatnot. So they need to keep Ziva, she is the only female character left!!! :( (and Tony like her :D ) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bellswebster
3. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 6:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 6:43 PM EDT
Look guys..with all due respect...no one has said that Ziva is going to be phased out in season 8. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
4. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 7:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 7:12 PM EDT
"Look guys..with all due respect...no one has said that Ziva is going to be phased out in season 8. "
Yes I agree, besides she is one of the more popular characters on the show. I seriously doubt she'll get written off.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SpecialWindler
SpecialWindler
5. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 10:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
In a way, NCIS was lucky in the popularity of Ziva after Kate. Not all shows succeed when replacing main cast members. NCIS has gotten away with it twice, but it won't happen every time. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
6. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 11:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 11:19 PM EDT
"In a way, NCIS was lucky in the popularity of Ziva after Kate. Not all shows succeed when replacing main cast members. NCIS has gotten away with it twice, but it won't happen every time."
Yes, they dodged a bullet (sorry Kate) with Ziva after the loss of Kate/SA. Not to be gloomy gus, but realistically how many more seasons can they possibly have left? 2-3? It's would be too hard to fill in a main character at this point in time IMO
Do you find this valuable?    
SpecialWindler
SpecialWindler
7. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 11:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 11:42 PM EDT
Ratings wise, I would conservatively say there are a minimum 5 more seasons, unless NCIS absolutely crashes and burn which history suggests it wont especially with no dramatic cast or crew change. Remember that last season (s7) went up when the majority of shows went down from the previous year. The cast or crew could of course pull the plug, but all of them seem very happy at the moment. I also think NCIS: LA's success is more dependent on NCIS than most people think. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
8. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 25 2010, 11:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
"Ratings wise, I would conservatively say there are a minimum 5 more seasons, unless NCIS absolutely crashes and burn which history suggests it wont especially with no dramatic cast or crew change. Remember that last season (s7) went up when the majority of shows went down from the previous year. The cast or crew could of course pull the plug, but all of them seem very happy at the moment. I also think NCIS: LA's success is more dependent on NCIS than most people think."
5 seems optimistic, but time will tell. LA, I could care less about, its a weak show IMO.

bellswebster
9. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 26 2010, 2:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 26 2010, 2:43 AM EDT
I have liked LA a bit more and they have improved a lot. Its mostly for the younger crowd. I think some folk expect it to ne ncis the original, but its not meant to be. NCIS started off real slow as well. I wish Shane would write for the original ncis again, he hasn't written anything since seaon 6 I don't think. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
10. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 26 2010, 4:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 26 2010, 4:36 AM EDT
"I have liked LA a bit more and they have improved a lot. Its mostly for the younger crowd. I think some folk expect it to ne ncis the original, but its not meant to be. NCIS started off real slow as well. I wish Shane would write for the original ncis again, he hasn't written anything since seaon 6 I don't think."
I'm not a fan of NCIS LA, the main characters I don't find very interesting.
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
11. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 26 2010, 7:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 26 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
"I have liked LA a bit more and they have improved a lot. Its mostly for the younger crowd. I think some folk expect it to ne ncis the original, but its not meant to be. NCIS started off real slow as well. I wish Shane would write for the original ncis again, he hasn't written anything since seaon 6 I don't think."
I watch it now and then, it's not a must see but isn't embarrassing to watch either. The characters are sort of jelling, I agree the show has improved. I don't think of it as part of OUR NCIS universe.. it's a cop show..I think one of the things that sets it apart from Gibbs' NCIS is lack of Gibbs, for one thing and also I don't "feel" a connection to the Navy or Marines in the show. Oh sure, they're doing the same stuff, but there's no Marine in charge. #2 guy is a former Seal, yeah, ok. so? You know with our NCIS, I'm always aware that a Marine is charge. The other show just doesn't fly well as NCIS (IMO), but it is an ok cop show. Just seems like RC & PP have part-time 2nd jobs where their NCIS characters might show up once in a while. And agreeing with tara's post below, I wish SB would be fulltime OUR NCIS. Scares me, reminds me too much of David Kelley and Picket Fences and whatever new show he wandered off to after that. Come back, Shane, come back! Off topic, sorry, NO PHASING OUT OF ZIVA, WE LOVE HER WE NEED HER, STOP IT!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
12. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 26 2010, 7:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 26 2010, 7:28 AM EDT
I am not a fan of NCIS: LA too, but I do watch it sometimes, they are only 2 NCIS LA episodes that I like. I wish Sean Brennan will start back to write for NCIS, let them get some new people to write for LA and now and again SB could write for LA....

If NCIS last for 5 more seasons, that would be awesome. And I believe that NCIS could last for 5 more seasons, even if the ratings drop in 2 or 3 years. Look at SVU, their ratings aren't all that high, and they are already shooting for their 12 season and they say that there might be a 13th season. SVU's rating kept declining since hmm season 8 and they are still on air. So is shows like SVU and other such shows could do it, the NCIS can last for 5 more seasons. But I would like the current cast to be in those 3-5 seasons. I liek Ducky, no one can replace him, but I have already accepted that because he is a bit umm old that he might want to retire and leave NCIS, so I accept that. It's ok if Vance wants to leave NCIS, I won't miss him (sorry). But should the others leave I will iss them terribly :( I agree with some of you that they might not write out Ziva cause she is popular and whatnot and I hope so too. The writers just need to be creative and they would be able to keep Ziva fresh and give her more storylines. And if any of the main character secides to leave now, then the show will be in loads of trouble.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
catwmn
catwmn
13. RE: TV Guide - Is Ziva Being Phased Out
Jul 28 2010, 2:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 28 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
I really like NCIS LA and I would think that Ziva would make a great addition to LL Cool J and Chris. I would love to see the freshness that the character Ziva had but they seemed to make her low key and flat and non-existant at the end for no reason. If they wanted to make the reason that she was held captive for 4 month I wish they had said something during the season 7 episode. I know she is an important character of the show but there is also the economics of it and CBS can't pay big bucks for a show that even though they are doing good in the ratings isn't really reeling in the marketing money. I just hope from Masquerade on isn't what we will see in the first 8 shows of S8 because then yes they are phasing her out. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)