Discussion: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent KortReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
HardKore71
HardKore71
Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Jul 21 2010, 5:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2010, 5:35 PM EDT
Just rewatched Internal Affairs. Originally I always thought Jenny killed the Frog, after rewatching it again one thing puzzles me, the thumb tap that was found on the Frog. Just like the one found on Jasper Shepard. Was Jenny so capable that she knew how to use the thumb tap on the Frog to over power him and then put one 9mm slug in the dome? Makes me wonder now about the whole thing 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: jenny shepard NCIS
bellswebster
bellswebster
1. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Jul 21 2010, 6:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2010, 6:07 PM EDT
Umm..forgive me mate...thumb tap?...dome? 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
#1hotchfan
#1hotchfan
2. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Jul 21 2010, 6:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2010, 6:16 PM EDT
Jenny is the one who killed The Frog. Although nobody outright 'said' it, Gibbs and Jenny knew the truth....Gibbs got Trent Kort to come forward in the end, but ultimately Jenny was responsible for The Frog's death. 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
3. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Jul 21 2010, 6:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2010, 6:19 PM EDT
"Umm..forgive me mate...thumb tap?...dome?"
The pressure point bruise found on the wrist/hand of Jasper Shepard and the Frog. Sorry Bells, I'm using American slang again. Dome=Head
Do you find this valuable?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
4. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Jul 21 2010, 6:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2010, 6:23 PM EDT
"Jenny is the one who killed The Frog. Although nobody outright 'said' it, Gibbs and Jenny knew the truth....Gibbs got Trent Kort to come forward in the end, but ultimately Jenny was responsible for The Frog's death."
That's what I thought too Hotch, but that thumb tap is driving me crazy. I know Gibbs' magazine clip made those etches on the brass found by where the Frog was shot, and I know Gibbs left that clip on Jenny's desk, but I can't see her using that thumb tap hold and you need to have some decent hand strength for it to be effective.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
trollkepr
trollkepr
5. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Mar 26 2011, 5:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
I am a little confused about proving Jenny killed the frog although I am sure that is what the writers are telling us. I just watched Judgement Day part1 and got confused about the scratches on the casing that Gibbs was looking at. In her office Jenny's gun was unloaded or without a magazine. (She would have felt the weight right away but this is TV) Gibbs left the mag on her desk after Frog left. I will accept Jenny using the thumb tap because they always said she was a good agent and could fight if needed and this is TV. But what is with the scratches? What do they tell us? For me that is the only question. After Jenny died Gibbs has made it clear Jenny was out of control and screwed up. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

RandomFilms
6. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Mar 26 2011, 5:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
Actually I assumed Trent Kort got the order to take the Frog out and decided to let Shepard pull the trigger. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
7. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Mar 26 2011, 6:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
"Actually I assumed Trent Kort got the order to take the Frog out and decided to let Shepard pull the trigger."
Yeah, I came up with that conclusion too RandomFilms, it was the only thing that tied together the gun, the "sanction" and everyone's willingness to forget about it. Although I think in Internal Affairs, Kort also says something along the line that XXX in Benoit's organization did the dirty deed and is now running things. I'll have to watch that scene again. Hadn't thought much about the thumb tap other than to assume that Shepard & Gibbs would know about thumb taps in general.
trollkepr
trollkepr
8. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Mar 28 2011, 10:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
When Kort said someone in Benoit's org did it and took over, I thought it was telling us he did it and is now in charge. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Irishelf
9. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Mar 29 2011, 4:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2011, 4:57 AM EDT
The evidence (both in the file and Gibbs' memory)shows that Jenny did it. Do you find this valuable?    
fanofthearts
fanofthearts
10. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Apr 10 2011, 5:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 10 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
I was very confused about this also. I finally watched Judgment Day II and I'm pretty sure that the writers wanted us to believe that Jenny did kill him. I think it makes sense...well the whole storyline was kinda confusing. Do you find this valuable?    
ncis4eva
ncis4eva
11. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Sep 25 2011, 11:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2011, 11:19 PM EDT
See I assumed Jenny would know how to do the thumb tap, Ziva could so she might have taught Jenny and if it was on Jasper, i would've thought Jenny would learn it, just cause.

Admittedly I change my mind every time I watch Bury Your Dead, Internal Affairs or Judgement Day as to whether or not I think Jenny killed the frog, sometimes multiple times per one episode.

What I think is before Internal Affairs the writers had someone, not Jenny killing the frog, then in Internal Affairs they needed to wrap it up, so they rushed in an episode, left it open a bit but leaning more towards Jenny than anyone and maybe with the hope of bringing it up later on, then when they killed Jenny decided to wrap it up once and for all with the slightly odd gun scratches.

Just my thoughts, saying that if I had to pick anyone from all possible suspects, and believe me people who have thought about it have many, I'm going for the classic Resurrect Jasper from the dead, just cause it's so ridiculously soapie I have to love the idea.
retiredinlavernia
retiredinlavernia
12. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Sep 26 2011, 3:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2011, 3:18 AM EDT
"See I assumed Jenny would know how to do the thumb tap, Ziva could so she might have taught Jenny and if it was on Jasper, i would've thought Jenny would learn it, just cause.

Admittedly I change my mind every time I watch Bury Your Dead, Internal Affairs or Judgement Day as to whether or not I think Jenny killed the frog, sometimes multiple times per one episode.

What I think is before Internal Affairs the writers had someone, not Jenny killing the frog, then in Internal Affairs they needed to wrap it up, so they rushed in an episode, left it open a bit but leaning more towards Jenny than anyone and maybe with the hope of bringing it up later on, then when they killed Jenny decided to wrap it up once and for all with the slightly odd gun scratches.

Just my thoughts, saying that if I had to pick anyone from all possible suspects, and believe me people who have thought about it have many, I'm going for the classic Resurrect Jasper from the dead, just cause it's so ridiculously soapie I have to love the idea. "
It is clear to me in "judgement day - Part 1" that Jennys gun killed the frog (Gibbs looking at the mark on the shell right before he calls Jenny - The call she never got - Tony picked up) but who used the gun is not made clear.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
ncis4eva
ncis4eva
13. RE: Who killed The Frog? Jenny Shepard or Trent Kort
Sep 26 2011, 11:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
See what gets me from that is not being a gun expert are the scratches from gibbs clip, meaning it was his bullet or from jenny's gun, meaning she put his clip in her gun then took it out and gave it back to him and used her own clip or jenny's clip meaning she used his bullet and replaced one with her own, which had a scratch on it also. So, not that i think it makes a huge difference on who fired it but still. The other thing you have to consider is that Jenny was set up by the CIA or kort or even the frog himself and they stole her gun and maybe it had one of gibbs bullets in it and she replaced it when she gave it back to him or she had put his clip in it and taken it out depending on where the scratches are from. yeh. if anyone could clear that up it would be great. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)