Discussion: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 35  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
rosecake
rosecake
Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 8 2010, 1:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2010, 2:42 AM EDT
Probably Mark Harmon and his Leroy Jethro Gibbs are the most popular actor/character on NCIS and this is the right place where we can show our love and admiration for both of them .
So, why do you love Mark Harmon? And his Special Agent L.J.Gibbs , 'the silver fox' ?

We can talk about his interviews , contract , new projects , videos , but we've to respect his privacy (family , health , private life).
Please remember that this is a positive thread so , be kind about the man , the actor and his character , and respect all other members' opinions . Thanks :)

If you do not like Mark Harmon , and/or Gibbs , then this thread is not for you , because rudeness , bashing , teasing and bad criticism will not be accept .

A special thanks to Sorgina for her prcious help :)
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
1. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 8 2010, 1:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
"Probably Mark Harmon and his Leroy Jethro Gibbs are the most popular actor/character on NCIS and this is the right place where we can show our love and admiration for both of them .
So, why do you love Mark Harmon? And his Special Agent L.J.Gibbs , 'the silver fox' ?

We can talk about his interviews , contract , new projects , videos , but we've to respect his privacy (family , health , private life).
Please remember that this is a positive thread so , be kind about the man , the actor and his character , and respect all other members' opinions . Thanks :)

If you do not like Mark Harmon , this thread is not for you , because rudeness , bashing , teasing and bad criticism will not be accept ."
If anyone has seen the pilot version of LJG up to Season 4 up to now, LJG has gone through quite a metamorphesis throughout the years. Personally I liked the Gibbs of Season 1&2 the best, he was such a madman on a case. I'm not too crazy about the current version of Gibbs.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
rosecake
rosecake
2. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 8 2010, 2:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2010, 2:06 PM EDT
"If anyone has seen the pilot version of LJG up to Season 4 up to now, LJG has gone through quite a metamorphesis throughout the years. Personally I liked the Gibbs of Season 1&2 the best, he was such a madman on a case. I'm not too crazy about the current version of Gibbs."
Thaks for the first reply HK ! You're faster than light ! LOL
Do you find this valuable?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
3. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 8 2010, 2:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
"Thaks for the first reply HK ! You're faster than light ! LOL "
Hah, I fnally got my DSL line repaired Rosie. Plus I got out of labs not too long ago and I'm taking a break before dinner and studying.
rosecake
rosecake
4. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 8 2010, 2:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2010, 2:18 PM EDT
"Hah, I fnally got my DSL line repaired Rosie. Plus I got out of labs not too long ago and I'm taking a break before dinner and studying."
Have a nice break and dinner ! :)
le_bibliothecaire
le_bibliothecaire
5. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 8 2010, 2:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2010, 2:34 PM EDT
"If anyone has seen the pilot version of LJG up to Season 4 up to now, LJG has gone through quite a metamorphesis throughout the years. Personally I liked the Gibbs of Season 1&2 the best, he was such a madman on a case. I'm not too crazy about the current version of Gibbs."
I think the turning point was the death of Kate Todd. He became more focused on cases and started spending more time at NCIS.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
le_bibliothecaire
le_bibliothecaire
6. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 8 2010, 2:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2010, 2:41 PM EDT
"Probably Mark Harmon and his Leroy Jethro Gibbs are the most popular actor/character on NCIS and this is the right place where we can show our love and admiration for both of them .

If you do not like Mark Harmon , this thread is not for you , because rudeness , bashing , teasing and bad criticism will not be accept ."
What I like about Gibbs is that he's practical and down-to-earth, almost old-fashioned, like his father Jackson. He knows the world isn't black-and-white and yet his rules and moral code remain pretty simple. He is loyal to his team, though he needs to realize (or to learn to accept) help from his team and his friends. Because with a team of people who respect him and who have such similar values, "do as I say, not as I do" doesn't really work for them, But I chalk that up to his being so protective of the members of his team, another trait that I admire.
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
mrs_picard
mrs_picard
7. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 15 2010, 11:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 15 2010, 11:37 AM EDT
MH/LJG==== OOOOOO LALALALALA Yummy! I don't think he is a flawed man! He just loved his wife and daughter soo much that his mind is always with them.Family via his Dad and his Team are vary important to him and he doesn't want to lose them either! The loss of Jenny and Kate effected him greatly! and I think he learned a lot from them and thier deaths. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
tara_persad
tara_persad
8. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 15 2010, 8:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 15 2010, 8:12 PM EDT
Gibbs is soo perfect!! :D and so is Mark Harmon, I like Gibbs he is my fave character, actually they all are my fave characters, it's hard to pick just one, but if I had to pick a first it's Gibbs, and Tony, Ziva, Abby and McGee ties for second place : D oh and Ducky! :) and Palmer third... I don't mean to be negative, but I don't like Vance :( sorry.

I like Gibbs and everything about his character and Mark potrays his character excellently, nobody else is perfect to play Gibbs, but Mark. But, he has had too many sadness, too much grief, etc in his life, it's time that the writers wrap up that Gibbs arc, and leave him alone....let his daughter and wife rest in peace, the killing of Pedro was justified and now there is the cliffhanger with his father and Reynosa, soo sad. It's time the writers leave Gibbs alone, I feel so sad for him and just wanna give him a Abby hug :( And Mark has played those scenes excellently as well.. I hope NCIS will have many more new episodes with the same, original cast, ok I will settle for a season 9 after season 8 :D and maybe a season 10? that will be awesome....with the same, original cast members!
tara_persad
tara_persad
9. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 15 2010, 8:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 15 2010, 8:17 PM EDT
"What I like about Gibbs is that he's practical and down-to-earth, almost old-fashioned, like his father Jackson. He knows the world isn't black-and-white and yet his rules and moral code remain pretty simple. He is loyal to his team, though he needs to realize (or to learn to accept) help from his team and his friends. Because with a team of people who respect him and who have such similar values, "do as I say, not as I do" doesn't really work for them, But I chalk that up to his being so protective of the members of his team, another trait that I admire."
You are soo right, Gibbs is very loyal to his team and he really appreciates them, although he do not always show that, we know that. And u are right about him accepting help from them, he needs to open up to help from those who love and respect him. It's very admirable how protective he is off the team, I always admired that about Gibbs, like I said he is perfect and as u said down to earth, soo true.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
courts_6_gibbs
courts_6_gibbs
10. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 16 2010, 9:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 16 2010, 9:42 PM EDT

If you do not like Mark Harmon , and/or Gibbs , then this thread is not for you , because rudeness , bashing , teasing and bad criticism will not be accept .

A special thanks to Sorgina for her prcious help :)"
Mark Harmon is a great actor and person. he is polite and down to earth as a person and does a lot for things like cancer etc. i have one dream, that is to meet the man in person. he is my Favorite actor and my favorite person in the world.
i agree that Gibbs did change from kates death, for better or worse i don't know. he's still my fav character.
SilverFox1
SilverFox1
11. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 21 2010, 12:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 21 2010, 12:03 PM EDT
Gibbs is my favorite character on the show. He shows loyalty to his family and friends.
Mark is my favorite actor. I want to meet him someday and tell him how much joy he has brought into my life.
Lissianna
Lissianna
12. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 23 2010, 10:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 23 2010, 10:40 AM EDT
Mark Harmon has to be one of the greatest actors so far. Yes i am slightly on the biased side as i do adore him but what is not to like. Since 1973 until the present day he has achieved alot in the industry and has been an inspiration to many. I for one have modelled my main character in my book after him. Like millions of other people in the world i would love to meet him. I would love to do his biography. He seems like a very genuine and down to earth man. He has amazing sex appeal which i am sure millions of women will agree with me. His character "Gibb's" is amazing. The way he comes across as authoritive and adorable is great. And what an amazing smile lol :) 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
13. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 23 2010, 12:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 23 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
I'm wild about the actor and the character, what can I say! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Maya74
Maya74
14. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jun 29 2010, 5:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 29 2010, 5:30 AM EDT
So am I. Mark is one of the very few actors I am very proud to be fan of. He's such a man's man, classy, and always pointing to the cast and crew before himself.
And Gibbs is by far my favorite character on NCIS. He's such a bastard, but Oh Man! Do I love his flaws! :)
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

quiltbunnyr
15. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jul 18 2010, 7:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 18 2010, 7:56 AM EDT
"I'm wild about the actor and the character, what can I say! "
There's a wonderful slide show tribute to Mark on YouTube if you haven't seen it. Go to
youtube.com/watch?v=6jRk1m8WXkM&feature=related
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
16. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Jul 19 2010, 12:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 19 2010, 12:08 PM EDT
Thanks, watched several of the videos, all quite wonderful!!! Do you find this valuable?    
rdafan05
rdafan05
17. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Aug 22 2010, 2:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2010, 3:19 AM EDT
Mark Harmon is amazing. He's a great actor! LJ Gibbs is just plain HOT! I LOVE his smile!

Did anyone read about this: Mark was driving home after a day of shooting and he came upon some kids shooting of bottle rockets. The area was under strict Burning Restrictions and he warned them. They mouthed off and he threatened to call the police. Of course, they ran!!!
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
18. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Aug 22 2010, 3:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
"Mark Harmon is amazing. He's a great actor! LJ Gibbs is just plain HOT! I LOVE his smile!

Did anyone read about this: Mark was driving home after a day of shooting and he came upon some kids shooting of bottle rockets. The area was under strict Burning Restrictions and he warned them. They mouthed off and he threatened to call the police. Of course, they ran!!! "
Yes, I saw that...he's not only a great actor, he's a wonderful human being and a standup citizen. He's hero material, in real life as well as on film! Pardon the gushing <blush>
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Gubio3
Gubio3
19. RE: Mark Harmon - L.J.Gibbs : A Positive Thread !
Aug 22 2010, 4:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2010, 4:50 PM EDT

A special thanks to Sorgina for her prcious help :)"
I think Mark Harmon does an outstanding job portraying LJG. He conveys so much with his eyes. Mark is very subtle and expresses a lot with very little. I like that kind of understated acting. As the show has progressed, his acting has gotten more and more subtle. I can really appreciate that. There have been some very moving and powerful scenes over the years revolving around Shannon and Kelly. I still find it hard to watch Hiatus when he's in the hospital and Jenny comes to see him and he thinks she is Shannon then realizes his family really is gone. That's a great job on Mark's part when you have your audience hurting so much for a character.

The character Gibbs is by far my favorite character. Despite his grouchy nature at times, he is the moral compass for the show. His rules govern and ground the team. It's the contact point for their actions and motivations. I especially love his devotion and loyalty to his team and his ideals. He is unwavering in his beliefs and seems so sure of himself. I can't imagine NCIS without him.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)