Discussion: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down hereReported This is a featured thread

Showing 81 - 100 of 419  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
80. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 8:01 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 8:10 PM EDT
"I'm with you...when I first heard her call him that I started yelling at the TV lol! MR. GIBBS? REALLY? I'm like It's Special Agent Gibbs-his Father is MR.GIBBS. That really annoys me. But, now I have to watch the episode.

SIDE NOTE: I'm actually I'm not surprised at all that Macy was one of the dead...I actually mentioned her...but then again that is just me."
No, fishergrl78, I was actually hoping it was Macy - just because I couldn't stand the thought of it being anyone else AND it made sense considering her tie-in to Gibb's killing of the scumbag 20 years ago. I mean, if it was going to be all about that, then they needed to have her involved in some capacity, since the writers made a big deal of it in Legends. Wow, Scorpio-Lady and Mona92 are rubbing off on me, I'm starting to think like them a little bit!!
Do you find this valuable?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
81. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 8:05 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 8:05 PM EDT
"What is rule 44? What is rule 51? Well next week we will probably find out. At least Rule 51 - since that is the episode title, After watching the preview, maybe rule 51 is F^%$ the rules. "
I don't know, but thanks for the laugh, that felt REALLY GOOD!!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
82. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 8:07 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 8:07 PM EDT
"Don't forget that Camila Chero told Gibbs that Franks got the message.

If Rule 44 was anything along the lines of 'Run', then Franks and the girls would have got out. There was some time that they had and Franks has a vehicle. Remember that Leyla's mother was there as we last saw."
AND we did not see a burned out truck at the ruins of Franks' house, good point SpecialWindler. Could the woman's body we saw have been mama? Her hair didn't look dark enough, but I only saw it the once, will have to look again. Now that I can watch the episode and breathe at the same time.
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
83. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 8:09 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 8:09 PM EDT
"I think I'm invisible"
Huh? Why do you say that?
kjeppen
kjeppen
84. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 8:26 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 8:26 PM EDT
Very good episode. Ah, the plot thickens.

I don't think any of the bodies on the beach were female, they all looked male to me. Looks like Col Bell lost his head too. And this Deen guy probably works for the drug dealer woman, looked liked that anyway.

The case with the raped girl turned disgusting, glad Gibbs almost put the dads head thru the mirror.

I just hope Gibbs have Franks and Tony on his side when he fights his enemies on the beaches. And Allison Hart still sucks.

My guess is, rule 44 is "get the f*** out of sight/out of the way"

Can someone please give Sean Murray something to eat? Nothing wrong in being slim and healthy, but it can reach a certain point.
gibbs_lover4ever
gibbs_lover4ever
85. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 8:36 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 8:36 PM EDT
ok that was strong episode i alomst got a heart atack in the last 2 sec when dean hit gibbs and does any one noticed that the women how get rapped is look alot like magee sister 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Deidithemaster
Deidithemaster
86. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 9:05 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 9:05 PM EDT
Okay so many people are wondering how colonel bell got all tangled up in this mess with gibbs. Here is what I think what happened. So when Gibbs sends him (Colonel Bell) to prison in Mexico he some how ends up getting out of prison quickly. So Hart goes to help him. So the daughter of the guy, gibbs killed Pedro she is looking for answers and cuts Bell a deal to get out of prison so that he can dig up information on gibbs for her and Bell ends up getting revenge and probably money out of it. He sends Hart to interfere with gibbs to mess with gibbs mind and get close to gibbs. She basically distracts gibbs. Hart is obviously good friends with Alejandro Rivera who is probably working for Pedro's daughter for money, or they some how now each other very well. Rivera visits NCIS and he meets abby and compliments her and he knows she is good at what she does and he has her work the cold case of Pedro's death. By now Bell has all or enough information to lure gibbs down and to send his second in command to kill Macy who did not report gibbs, thats probably the reason they killed her. So they go after Franks and the girls and hopefully they got away in time by Gibbs warning. I think Bell's second in command killed Bell by the orders of Pedro's daughter cause he probably wasn't much of any use now. I think Hart should be careful even though I dislike her because they could kill her for being Bell's lawyer. So basically Bell was working for the cartel cause he was able to get the information on gibbs. So abby made her decision now gibbs has to. So there still could be some mystery left with Bell and Hart, but I think Bell is pretty much toast as we saw. Now all is gibbs decision and how it will lead into season 8! A good thing is that Mark Harmon is signed on to Season 8 so his character could be changed. Do you find this valuable?    
hicksi
hicksi
87. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 9:21 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
"Can someone please give Sean Murray something to eat? Nothing wrong in being slim and healthy, but it can reach a certain point."
I saw episode S01E07 last night on local TV.

Sean Murray looks like Porky Pig in those early episodes.

Maybe it's just me, but Harmon looks different now, and Wetherly has much shorter hair - I think they all look a lot better now than 6 seasons ago.
hicksi
hicksi
88. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 9:42 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
WOW, WOW, WOW.

Just flicked through the episode (I'll watch it tonight Aussie-time).

That's Johnny Cash singing at the end, isn't it?
WOW, WOW, WOW.

And is that beach in Mexico, or do they just head onto the California coast for that location-shot?
I think there's quite a few beach-scenes in the past few seasons:-
- Franks home
- Where the grunts on exercise found the diver washed up (was that the one where Tony threw his body in front of he wave to protect the scene or was that another beach)

BarOne76
89. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 11:14 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 11:14 PM EDT
Okay, I just rewatched this ep (I have no life, and I usually miss stuff the first time around, damn ADD-type habits) and I have two things about that last minute or so.

1. That's not a woman in the surf runoff. It's a guy. What even I thought was long hair is his shoulder. That's a Federale or something.

2. Bell is TOTALLY beheaded. Yyiisssgghhhh, icky. (I don't know why, but the idea of beheadings just freaks the hell out of me. Which really doesn't explain my huge love of Highlander :)

BarOne76
90. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 11:19 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 11:19 PM EDT
"And is that beach in Mexico, or do they just head onto the California coast for that location-shot?
I think there's quite a few beach-scenes in the past few seasons:-
- Franks home
- Where the grunts on exercise found the diver washed up (was that the one where Tony threw his body in front of he wave to protect the scene or was that another beach)"
Well, the SoCal coast and the Baja Cal, Mexico, coast are essentially the same coast, and I would assume it's just as easy to film on the couple hundred miles of coast above and below LA as it would be to go into Mexico to film. Not to mention a lot cheaper :)
rosecake
rosecake
91. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 11:34 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 11:34 PM EDT
"Anyone notice when Ziva and Tony was interrogating the Kaylen Burrows,about the rape. Ziva look like sad,or about to cry. "
Yes , I noticed that and I've noticed Tony's look too . It seemed he was worry for her . Maybe he knows something or he's just guessed her thoughts .
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
92. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 11:36 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 11:36 PM EDT
"Could the woman's body we saw have been mama? Her hair didn't look dark enough, but I only saw it the once, will have to look again. Now that I can watch the episode and breathe at the same time. "
A few people have been saying that it wasn't a woman's body, however, I keep thinking it is. IF it is a woman's body, I do not believe it was Leyla. Gibbs would have stopped. However, since Gibbs does not assume anything, I believe the woman's body had to be someone connected for Mike in order for Gibbs to stop at the headless body and think it was Mike. That being said, it is possible that the body belongs to Camila. She was friends with Mike and while Gibbs would be upset, he would not stop like he would with Leyla.

This episode definitely had many twists and turns. I knew the father of the kid was a complete a**hole but I did not see it coming when Gibbs said he raped the girl as well. There were several people on this site who thought the dead agent was Laura Macy - when they said it was her I thought about that. The dead body being Colonel Bell was a complete surprise. When Gibbs said, "Oh, Mike," my heart dropped and then when Dean said it wasn't Franks and that it was Bell, I cheered.

I am worried about a few things. In the previews, when Paloma is trying to get Gibbs to deliver a package and he says she might as well shoot him in the head now, she replies something along the lines of killing others who he cares about. It showed the team getting out of the elevator. The rest of the previews did not show either Ziva or McGee alone, however, at the very end it showed Tony firing his weapon into the dark. I wonder if this is a clue. Also, in the lab, Gibbs tells Abby that she knows too much. Uh-oh. Keep Abby locked in the lab until this is over guys!

Lots of people have been complaining about Glasberg's writing but tonight's episode was excellent!
rosecake
rosecake
93. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 18 2010, 11:37 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2010, 11:53 PM EDT
"I was totally expecting a "Somalia" moment between Ziva and Tony because of those looks.

But I am going to go with the 'happy' side and credit Ziva with being extremely compassionate because I refuse to let reality ruin my day, if you catch my drift.

I did love the way they had Tony sitting in the shadows as far away from Burrows as possible in order to keep her comfortable in interrogation. It was good script-wise but I love the cinematography of the shot (sorry, film geek moment)."
I agree with you . Maybe in the next episode we'll learn something more about Ziva in Somalia , and you're right Tony was perfect in interrogation , a very competent and good agent , that's to say : the Tony that we want to see in every episode !

Maybe it's a stupid question : why did they use a scene from "Outlaws&Inlaws" ?!
And I'm really worried for what Tony said in the promo ... !
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
NimitzNL
NimitzNL
94. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 19 2010, 12:09 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 12:09 AM EDT
"On the beach in Mexico, Gibbs is on horseback, wearing a poncho, cowboy hat and a bandanna across his face. Franks house is burnt to the ground, Amira's doll is charred in the remains. Leyla is dead in the surf, and there's a man face down on the beach. There's a double-furrow in the sand -- someone crawling or being dragged, with blood in the sand. Gibbs kneels by the body and whispers, "Ah, Mike . . ." Dean comes up behind Gibbs and puts a gun to his head. Gibbs asks him, "Are you Dean?" Dean is affirmative, and Gibbs asks him, "First Macy, then Franks -- why?" Dean tells him, "That's not Franks -- that's Col. Merton Bell." Gibbs is shocked and turns to him. "JUST WHO ARE YOUR WORKING FOR?" he exclaims, as Dean hits him upside the head. END."
Thanks dblackga. You did a great job with the summary.
rosecake
rosecake
95. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 19 2010, 12:12 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 12:12 AM EDT
"Thanks dblackga. You did a great job with the summary."
I agree , thank you very much , dblackga ! :)
abbatansy
abbatansy
96. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 19 2010, 12:52 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 12:52 AM EDT
I haven't even seen this episode, but there's one thing that is killing me inside. Macy is dead. Character-wise, I'm neutral, but she makes up yet another woman who has previously held a position of importance in an episode or multiple. One of the last main or semi-main males I remember being killed was Pacci. Women, we've had Kate, Jenny, Agent Lee, Paula and now Macy. This is really starting to p!ss me off.

Sorry. Carry on. *leaves*
marion612
marion612
97. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 19 2010, 12:56 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 12:56 AM EDT
"I haven't even seen this episode, but there's one thing that is killing me inside. Macy is dead. Character-wise, I'm neutral, but she makes up yet another woman who has previously held a position of importance in an episode or multiple. One of the last main or semi-main males I remember being killed was Pacci. Women, we've had Kate, Jenny, Agent Lee, Paula and now Macy. This is really starting to p!ss me off.

Sorry. Carry on. *leaves*"
I agree that apparently being a female NCIS agent seems to be a death sentence, who knows what will happen to Ziva once she becomes one. I think I can remember MW mentioning something like that in an interview.

And thanks indeed to dblackga
TrinaXO
TrinaXO
98. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 19 2010, 1:39 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 1:39 AM EDT
Wow, what an episode, that black cloud keeps getting bigger and bigger. I loved the characterizations in this episode it seemed to me to be more consistent at least with Tony. And Gibbs WOW MH brilliant.. Gibbs losing control, I love it, I love this Gibbs, so passionate.
Loved Tony in this episode, he was much more focussed, wonderfully competent, but still had his funny moments, he took charge of many issues and it was great to see, this is the Tony we all love, still funny but highly competent! Tony really steps up to the plate when needed.
Loved the little bits of team interaction, Loved the Gibbs and DiNozzo "Chew" & "Swallow" bit Ha Ha funny stuff, Tony really is Gibbs loyal St Bernard (reminded me of the scene where Gibbs wouldn't let Tony Pee Ha Ha) and if there was ever a question of Tony's loyalty to Gibbs, this scene summed it up perfectly. Where the gang is discussing Agent Macy and they make mention of the threat assessment:
Tony says,"Find out who killed another female special agent."
To which McGee replies "up hold justice to the full extent of the law"
and the clincher for me (go Tony) "Or whatever it takes" - right there people "whatever it takes" this is why Tony gets Gibbs...They get each other "two sides of the same coin".

I am however worried for Tony's safety I really feel something bad is going to happen to him, he will put everything on the line for Gibbs, and I am very worried...........The few things MW has said re; final episode also have me thinking things may not work out so 'peachy' for our Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo.... I just hope MW will be back next season and that CBS work out his contract ASAP..... No Tony, No Gibbs = NO NCIS, they are as MW puts it 'entwined" without them and the magic they create together NCIS will crash and burn!
kjeppen
kjeppen
99. RE: Discuss Episode 7.23 Patriot Down here
May 19 2010, 1:59 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 1:59 AM EDT
"I am however worried for Tony's safety I really feel something bad is going to happen to him, he will put everything on the line for Gibbs, and I am very worried...........The few things MW has said re; final episode also have me thinking things may not work out so 'peachy' for our Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo.... I just hope MW will be back next season and that CBS work out his contract ASAP..... No Tony, No Gibbs = NO NCIS, they are as MW puts it 'entwined" without them and the magic they create together NCIS will crash and burn!"
Yeah, Tony was very good in this episode, the competent and funny Tony. This is the Tony I want to see.

Oh, our Very Special Agent Tony will probably go thru hell in the next episode. He is the one to go for if you want to hurt Gibbs and we all know Tony will do whatever it takes to save Gibbs.

Let's just hope he doesn't get killed off in order for CBS to save money.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last