My blog entry for today:

http://cbsncis.wetpaint.com/page/NCIS+MODERATORS%27+BLOG+84

Any feedback/discussion would be great.
Do you find this valuable?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
1. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 17 2010, 4:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2010, 4:49 PM EDT
Tim is a great character, I think its great he's really maturing into his own now. I never thought about it but perhaps you're right Margy McGee does seem to measure himself with DiNozzo even with Gibbs to a lesser degree. Although Gibbs is a better mentor than DiNozzo plus he's the boss, but DINozzo could have been a lot better. The hazing got old after the first 2-3 seasons, I mean c'mon the Probie had paid his dues give the guy a break. Do you find this valuable?    
Sandra155
Sandra155
2. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 17 2010, 6:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2010, 6:25 PM EDT
The time that Tim spent in the Cyber Unit after the team had been split up also seemed to allow him to grow, as Abbey said "Timmy got new skills" . I think the relationship that he developed with the Director also helped him to realise his worth, that he had skills that were just as important to the agency and solving crimes as any street smarts that Tony or Gibbs may have, and he is often one step ahead in the pursuit of information and doesn't need to ask if he should hack into other systems - he just does it! Gibbs has certainly rubbed off on him and he is nowhere near as uncomfortable around him anymore. Do you find this valuable?    
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
3. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 17 2010, 6:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2010, 6:33 PM EDT
"My blog entry for today:

http://cbsncis.wetpaint.com/page/NCIS+MODERATORS%27+BLOG+84

Any feedback/discussion would be great."
I agree. I've been so happy to witness Tim's evolution to the strong confident person that he is today. His character is so much more now than "Mr MIT" - and I especially like that he & Tony are friendlier now. I identified so strongly with McGee during the "hazing" years that I really disliked Tony. They do have to have some friction, otherwise how dull & boring would that be...but at least it is not as downright MEAN as it used to be and there is some respect there now. My favorite McGee-DiNozzo scene - "Chimera" in the Electrical room when Tony thinks he's dying and Tim, after referring to Tony's stoicism in the past, finally just "goes with the flow" and gets Tony to help.
bellswebster
bellswebster
4. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 17 2010, 7:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
I love the way Tim Tam has grown..he was so naieve and now he is more able to stand up for himself and is still reliable, just as Geeky, and better at it, and oh so easy to love with his likeable attitiude and personality.
I would have to say that his character is the only one to really mature at an even pace and still be capable of growing. I'm very pleased that he has evolved so well.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
5. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 17 2010, 11:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
"I agree. I've been so happy to witness Tim's evolution to the strong confident person that he is today. His character is so much more now than "Mr MIT" - and I especially like that he & Tony are friendlier now. I identified so strongly with McGee during the "hazing" years that I really disliked Tony. They do have to have some friction, otherwise how dull & boring would that be...but at least it is not as downright MEAN as it used to be and there is some respect there now. My favorite McGee-DiNozzo scene - "Chimera" in the Electrical room when Tony thinks he's dying and Tim, after referring to Tony's stoicism in the past, finally just "goes with the flow" and gets Tony to help. "
Chimera was an awesome episode, and yea that scene with them together with DiNozzo confessing his fear of dying to McGee was indicative how much they have changed. What was especially telling was McGee was calm enough allay DiNozzo's phobia yet took control on the situtation to get DiNozzo to help him finish his task. Why can't they make episodes like that anymore?
emerellda
emerellda
6. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 17 2010, 11:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2010, 11:35 PM EDT
I agree, I really love how mcgee's developed, for me the best episode to see his character development is not caged (although its a close second) but truth or consequences, where you really see mcgee as an equal to tony, which is just such a difference from his eariler seasons, the change in him, is just shocking, in a really good way Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
7. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 18 2010, 11:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
"I agree, I really love how mcgee's developed, for me the best episode to see his character development is not caged (although its a close second) but truth or consequences, where you really see mcgee as an equal to tony, which is just such a difference from his eariler seasons, the change in him, is just shocking, in a really good way"
I felt "Truth of Consequences" just built on the ground work laid in "Caged". Without the events of Caged, Tim wouldn't have been in the position to be Tony's equal in T or C.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
8. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 18 2010, 1:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2010, 1:36 PM EDT
"I felt "Truth of Consequences" just built on the ground work laid in "Caged". Without the events of Caged, Tim wouldn't have been in the position to be Tony's equal in T or C."
If Caged hadn't happened something else would have come along to push along McGee's evolution. He was getting there anyways he just needed the right conditions to set him forward. IMO I don't think it was McGee that was being snide or condescending toward DiNozzo, I think DiNozzo had a hard time accepting the fact McGee wasn't a Probie anymore and pretty close to becoming his equal in terms of being a cop. Once DiNozzo was cool with it they seem to be getting along a lot better.
Probie007
Probie007
9. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 18 2010, 2:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2010, 2:36 PM EDT
"I felt "Truth of Consequences" just built on the ground work laid in "Caged". Without the events of Caged, Tim wouldn't have been in the position to be Tony's equal in T or C."
TorC gave McGee the x-factor as well, because he was looking so good! LOL!

I have always said that McGee is the character whose growth has been easiest for us to see and understand, which is what I love about the character.....with everyone else there is some sort of history which has not been revealed, but not with McGee. Caged was wonderful and probably my most fave from season 6.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
10. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 18 2010, 3:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
You know what did it for me? That McGee had finally had grown a pair? When he told that gangbanger chick "I've never hit a woman in my life, but if you come near me with that thing(shank) I will drop you!" I was like Timmey!!!(gratuitous South Park reference) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Det.Beckett
Det.Beckett
11. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 18 2010, 7:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2010, 7:21 PM EDT
Two things that I really like about McGee's evolution is that 1) it has been consistent (a lot of shows have characters that take a step forward only to have them revert without explanation) and believable and 2) the other characters have reacted to it, which really makes the show more grounded. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
12. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 18 2010, 7:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
"Two things that I really like about McGee's evolution is that 1) it has been consistent (a lot of shows have characters that take a step forward only to have them revert without explanation) and believable and 2) the other characters have reacted to it, which really makes the show more grounded. "
Very astute observation, it definitetly enhances the realism of the show and the believability of the character, no question about that.
emerellda
emerellda
13. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 18 2010, 10:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2010, 10:46 PM EDT
very true margy, i see T or C as an expression of his development, which included his development in caged
gibblet
gibblet
14. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 20 2010, 9:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
OK. so I've got a question I can't figure out where is the appropriate place to ask it. Since this is a thread about McGee, gonna try it here.

What's the story with the picture of the skull with the wig on that's on McGee's cubicle wall? If it was ever pointed out on an ep, I just missed it & it's driving me crazy. Can anyone tie it in for me?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
rosecake
rosecake
15. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 20 2010, 9:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2010, 9:34 AM EDT
"OK. so I've got a question I can't figure out where is the appropriate place to ask it. Since this is a thread about McGee, gonna try it here.

What's the story with the picture of the skull with the wig on that's on McGee's cubicle wall? If it was ever pointed out on an ep, I just missed it & it's driving me crazy. Can anyone tie it in for me? "
I don't think it's taken from a specific story or episode , but I've noticed that too and I'm still wondering why he has put such a horrible photo near his desk . lol
Another question : why he has the word "venetian" not far from the skull ?
HardKore71
HardKore71
16. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 20 2010, 10:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2010, 10:05 AM EDT
"I don't think it's taken from a specific story or episode , but I've noticed that too and I'm still wondering why he has put such a horrible photo near his desk . lol
Another question : why he has the word "venetian" not far from the skull ?"
McGee's side job is that of a rodeo clown at the Venetian in Vegas when he isn't on cases.
rosecake
rosecake
17. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 20 2010, 2:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
"McGee's side job is that of a rodeo clown at the Venetian in Vegas when he isn't on cases."
Really ?! Where did learn it ? I didn't know it ! LOL
le_bibliothecaire
le_bibliothecaire
18. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 21 2010, 11:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2010, 11:34 AM EDT
"I don't think it's taken from a specific story or episode , but I've noticed that too and I'm still wondering why he has put such a horrible photo near his desk . lol
Another question : why he has the word "venetian" not far from the skull ?"
The bumper sticker or sign or whatever that says "Venitian" on it reads "Venitian Snares", which Sean Murray mentioned in an interview as one of his favorite bands. I've heard some of their stuff. Not my thing.
HardKore71
HardKore71
19. RE: Evolution of Timothy McGee
Mar 22 2010, 1:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2010, 1:28 PM EDT
"The bumper sticker or sign or whatever that says "Venitian" on it reads "Venitian Snares", which Sean Murray mentioned in an interview as one of his favorite bands. I've heard some of their stuff. Not my thing."
Sean Murray loves electronica and dj's from what I've read, I love all forms of electronica except for drum and bass; which is what Venetian Snares' music is =(
2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)