My blog entry for today:

http://cbsncis.wetpaint.com/page/SpecialWindler%27s+Fan+Blog+6

Any feedback/discussion would be great.
Do you find this valuable?    
emerellda
emerellda
1. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 3 2010, 8:13 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 3 2010, 8:13 PM EST
i had never heard the theory about gibbs' first wife the lawyer from bloodbath, but that would certainly explain his dislike of lawyers lol! but from what we know of his wives and girlfriends , it seems, (to me) that they are getting 'better' as they go along, like more adapt to gibbs, and a better match for gibbs, so who knows maybe one day he will finally get over shannon and kelly, and marry again Do you find this valuable?    
SpecialWindler
SpecialWindler
2. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 3 2010, 10:46 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 3 2010, 10:46 PM EST
There is certainly no proof from on screen, but on website such as Wikipedia (formerly) and the NCIS wiki, and a few pages on this website maybe, people seem to have thought Ginger was Wife #2. I can believe that she was wife #2 (after Shannon), and I only used that example as a theory. I'd say someone thought they would write it down, and it carried on to many websites this theory, more rumour actually. Do you find this valuable?    
Det.Beckett
Det.Beckett
3. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 4 2010, 5:33 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2010, 5:33 PM EST
SW, I really liked this blog and I had to laugh at the understated "not something a nice woman would do." But I'm not entirely sure I agree with your assessment on the matter. I'm one of those people who thinks hitting others with or without the use of sports equipment isn't the proper way to handle things. But I've gotta ask, what exactly did Gibbs DO, that this sort of thing happened to him, not once but twice? Is it the type of women he likes, or is it the type of person he is that causes all these violent marital spats? Do you find this valuable?    
SpecialWindler
SpecialWindler
4. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 4 2010, 5:46 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2010, 5:46 PM EST
Legitimately, from the show, which may not help my case on my opinion of these women but anyway. With Diane, he was chasing Kyle Boone which made it impossible for Diane to stay. With Stephanie, he was chasing a child murderer/rapist, and probably along the lines of Diane's leaving.

So with that, Gibbs is probably the common denominator. I mean Stephanie didn't seem an angry women in "Ex-File", and the way Fornell talked about Diane in "Nine Lives", gives me the impression, that they weren't generally along the lines of those which I implied in my blog.

So in review, I probably wasn't entirely faithful to the actual facts from the show, as I implied. So sorry about that. I also failed to mention Jenny in this blog.

bellswebster
5. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 4 2010, 6:07 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2010, 6:07 PM EST
I have read an article with an interview with Mark Harom in it that he is NOT leaving NCIS unless the writers write him out..and let's face it, which they won't do.
If he does resign or what ever..which I doubt.. it will be only temporarily..He is NOT getting married..I heard him say, that his character Gibbs isn't ready for marriage nor did HE himself what his charactr to be married ..(interview the recent Paleyfest)..so everyone can calm down and work on the facts that we hve at hand.
Alice
Bell
Mother in law
Eli David
Gibbs getting the mother in law off conviction?
What else have we?

bellswebster
6. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 4 2010, 6:19 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2010, 6:22 PM EST
As far as his love interests go..his emotional state may have had a lot to do with his marriage break ups. As for the possible reasons stated that when he was with Diane she may have left because he was doing his job chasing Kyle Boone doesn't seem like a wife with much support for a job she knew her husband would be doing when they got married.. and the same for Stephanie. It is just my opinion that if you break up your marriage because you can't handle your husbands type of work then you shouldn't have gone there in the first place. I can't say for sure, but I think she had a short fuse and drinking problem?..don't remember..perhaps another member might recall. Hollis Mann seemed to be a favourite of his and why she retired to Hawaii no one seems to know or remember. Perhaps their relationship was never meant to be anything more than what it is was...Jenny Sheppard loved Gibbs..she told Mike Franks in Judgement Day..I think Gibbs loved her too..in his own way. She was ambitious and put herself and her feelings ahead of him. She let him down in Paris and we know that trust is something that Gibbs must have with everyone. Do you find this valuable?    
SpecialWindler
SpecialWindler
7. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 4 2010, 6:43 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2010, 6:43 PM EST
In one of the S4 dvd special features, it says the actress left for personal reasons (off the top of my head). Otherwise she was probably slated for more appearances in S5.

And I never believed for a second that Gibbs would be leaving, I was just making a point, as some of the things I read in threads can be a little hectic. I know that bringing it up would just create more guessing, but I'm not someone who does get worried. My world goes on, NCIS or no NCIS, Gibbs or not Gibbs. Its just my favourite television show, though I can handle anything it brings. I'm glad to hear that hes not getting married. It was just a theory of mine.

The season finale wont involve Eli David. But no doubt will he return. As far as I can tell, the actor isn't slated to return, as I read an article saying that he and Trent Kort wern't planned to come back any time soon. Also, Shane Brennan said that the finale won't be TIVA heavy. I think this to be more as characters and not as a couple. Like S3/4, its Gibbs. 4/5 its Tony/Jenny, 5/6, Jenny. 6/7 Tony/Ziva. I'm just saying Gibbs will be the main character in this finale, and Tony and Ziva will take a role similar to that of them in S5/6 or of Abby and McGee in 6/7.

Finally, I think Vance/Gibbs burying the evidence like that is similar to Clara Macy (the boss from the NCIS: LA pilot) burying the evidence against Gibbs in 1991. The underlying fact is that they are revenge killings, and the main reason they probably buried the evidence is not because it was necessarily just, but they knew that Gibbs (in 91) and Joanne (now) wouldn't murder anyone else. Same with Gibbs burying evidence in "Family Secret" when he slapped himself. They are family matters, which once taken care of, its the end of the story really.
emerellda
emerellda
8. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 4 2010, 10:28 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2010, 10:28 PM EST
i read an article in ask aussillo (spoiler alert), which spefically said gibbs wouldn't be leaving, which is a reli, becaue even though i was sure he wouldn't be leaving, it is still good to have assurances, but i think that this season finale will be centred on gibbs slightly, but still have a wide focus on the entire team, slightly like the season 1&2 finales, were it was about gibbs really, but no where near like the season 3 finale ect, but i am hoping that the finale will not be too gibbs central, and his relationship to the lawyer, but i am at a lost to what else it could be about Do you find this valuable?    
hadapurpura
hadapurpura
9. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 5 2010, 2:04 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2010, 2:04 AM EST
Gibbs seems to have bad luck with women, a lot of it could be caused by himself. All the women he's been involved with in any way, not just romantic (Shannon and Kelly excluded and IMHO, Abby), either they end up manipulated, or they make him smooth as a Ken.

I think Gibbs' main problem with women (after Shannon and Kelly's deaths)is that while he has been attracted to all of them, he hasn't loved any of them. Grief and pain aside, he just doesn't love them. Maybe the fact that he lost Shannon and Kelly, and mostly that he lost them at the same time, could have created in him some sort of a Madonna-***** complex.
SpecialWindler
SpecialWindler
10. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 5 2010, 2:15 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2010, 2:15 AM EST
Oh, I think he has loved them. I very much doubt if all 3 of his wives after Shannon proposed to him, so I can't see Gibbs proposing to someone he doesn't love. I just think that with all his relationships, including Shannon, he has put his work before his family. Some people are more tolerant of that, and others aren't. Do you find this valuable?    
hadapurpura
hadapurpura
11. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 5 2010, 9:29 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2010, 10:05 AM EST
"Oh, I think he has loved them. I very much doubt if all 3 of his wives after Shannon proposed to him, so I can't see Gibbs proposing to someone he doesn't love. I just think that with all his relationships, including Shannon, he has put his work before his family. Some people are more tolerant of that, and others aren't. "
Yeah, that's a matter of opinion.

I'm also sure Gibbs was the one who proposed, but you can propose for a lot of reasons that don't involve love: pressure on the other part to take the relationship to another level, starving for company, the sex is good so of course why won't a marriage work?, he likes (or liked) the thought of being married, he tried to recapture what he had with Shannon, etc, etc, etc...

Of course, he had to have some feelings for the women he's gone out with. Attraction was there undoubtedly, but love, what is called love? IMHO, not even a little bit. I stand by my hypothesis (of course, the original thing is different and comes from a very different place, but something resembling that).
emerellda
emerellda
12. RE: Gibbs and his Love Interests
Mar 5 2010, 2:52 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2010, 2:52 PM EST
i think he wanted to distract himself from the deaths of shannon and kelly, and found woman, who he thought he could move on with, and thought he loved them, but he was convincing himself that he loved them, but when he was married, he found it so different to shannon and kelly, that he quickly revered that thought, just my personal theory Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)