Discussion: What is T.A.D?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 16 of 16  |  Show  posts at a time

Pattiroseoliver
What is T.A.D?
Feb 24 2010, 2:09 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 24 2010, 2:09 PM EST
His name was Special Agent Chris Potchy and he was investigating a cold case and was murdered and he swallowed a camera memory chip,the secret he discovered was that an ex-Marine is now a woman who Tony does the tonsil dance with before he knew she was a he!.the year was 2004 ,Episode?,Title: "Dead Man Talking". Kate was still alive,McGee was relatively new. My question is: In one of the scenes Gibbs says,"........T.A.D.........". anyone know what that stands for?
Love,
Pattiroseoliver
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
pomahony2
pomahony2
1. RE: What is T.A.D? What is the plot? not what NCIS does?
Feb 24 2010, 6:53 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 24 2010, 6:53 PM EST
Hello! Is there any "plot guide" available that explains what the episode is all about? The above post "TAD" brought to mind a problem I am having with NCIS. The plots are so involved that I do not understand what is happening. However, in the "TAD'" post above, the writer (Pattiroseoliver) described the plot very well and gave me the information that I need to understand what was happening. Does anyone know of an explanation of the "plot" of each episode? Thanks Patrick John 5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

NcisNcisNcisNcis
2. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 24 2010, 6:58 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 24 2010, 6:58 PM EST
It means time after death i think
3  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
3. RE: What is T.A.D? What is the plot? not what NCIS does?
Feb 25 2010, 5:15 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2010, 5:15 AM EST
"Hello! Is there any "plot guide" available that explains what the episode is all about? The above post "TAD" brought to mind a problem I am having with NCIS. The plots are so involved that I do not understand what is happening. However, in the "TAD'" post above, the writer (Pattiroseoliver) described the plot very well and gave me the information that I need to understand what was happening. Does anyone know of an explanation of the "plot" of each episode? Thanks Patrick John"
Greetings! Over on the upper left side of this page there is a scroll down box, and in it you will see "NCIS Episode Guide". Click on that and you will be taken to a page from which you can select all of the season's and all of the episodes that have been aired up to the current time. These "Guides" should give you all the information you need. Additionally, #1Hotchfan (a Moderator) also provides us with an excellent "Episode RECAP" as soon as she can after the episodes air. She does strict and clean reporting without any personal comments inserted in her report *smiling*. Look for the link on the Home "Squadroom" Page. Hope this helps *smiling*.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

MurrayNCIS
4. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 25 2010, 6:22 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2010, 6:22 PM EST
T.A.D. is a military acronym for Temporary Assigned Duty. We use it in the Marine Core quite often. 22  out of 22 found this valuable. Do you?    

NcisNcisNcisNcis
5. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 25 2010, 6:53 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2010, 6:53 PM EST
are you in the marine core? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

MurrayNCIS
6. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 25 2010, 7:13 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2010, 7:13 PM EST
Yes. I am a Lt. Colonel recently stationed at the Pentagon. I used to be a Sergeant in the first Iraqi war and went to Georgetown to get my BS and MS degrees then back through OCS. I have been in for 22 years now. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
7. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 25 2010, 7:21 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2010, 7:21 PM EST
"Yes. I am a Lt. Colonel recently stationed at the Pentagon. I used to be a Sergeant in the first Iraqi war and went to Georgetown to get my BS and MS degrees then back through OCS. I have been in for 22 years now."
Well..honoured to meet you MurrayNCIS...
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

NcisNcisNcisNcis
8. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 25 2010, 8:15 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2010, 8:15 PM EST
"Yes. I am a Lt. Colonel recently stationed at the Pentagon. I used to be a Sergeant in the first Iraqi war and went to Georgetown to get my BS and MS degrees then back through OCS. I have been in for 22 years now."
I agree with bells, an honor to meet you!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Pattiroseoliver
9. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 25 2010, 9:21 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2010, 9:21 PM EST
Thank you very much. I am very honored to meet you......I have several cousins in the Military.....mostly Navy. My Dad and my step-dad and my dad in law all were in the Navy. Thank you so much for fighting for our freedom and being so dedicated,I am in awe of people in the Military.....talk about angels on earth!
I've learned a bunch of Military speak and some of what people in the Military's lives are like and I so respect you all! I just want to learn all I can about Military people and life,you are my Heroes and Sheroes and like I said: true angels on earth! God bless you and your families and friends!!!!
Love,
Pattiroseoliver

MurrayNCIS
10. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 26 2010, 1:43 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2010, 1:43 AM EST
Thank you all for the kind words. It is a great career and a great career option for many of the young people coming out of college. My brother was a career Navy man that retired as a Senior Chief and now owns and operates a successful company in the civilian world. I am planning retirement very soon after this assignment. We need more very qualified young people coming into the military. I am 45 years old and never married because of my career. I hope to be able to settle down now that I will be able to. 7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
NCISDiNozzo1025
NCISDiNozzo1025
11. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 28 2010, 3:25 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2010, 3:25 AM EST
Honored to meet you too. I am so thankful for all that people like you do for our country. Thank you.
cecy_DiNozzo
cecy_DiNozzo
12. RE: What is T.A.D?
Feb 28 2010, 3:40 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2010, 3:40 PM EST
Wow! :) So cool. It's really nice to meet you, sir.

cmbgil
13. RE: What is T.A.D?
Apr 14 2010, 6:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
T.A.D. means temporarily assigned duty. It is a term used when a person normally assigned to one unit is loaned out to another. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Allgone
Allgone
14. RE: What is T.A.D?
May 8 2010, 8:56 PM EDT | Post edited: May 8 2010, 8:56 PM EDT
"T.A.D. is a military acronym for Temporary Assigned Duty. We use it in the Marine Core quite often."
Is it the Core or the Corps that you're in.
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

jeffbe232
15. RE: What is T.A.D?
Nov 22 2012, 5:24 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2012, 5:24 AM EST
A Lt. Colonel with a BS and an MS that doesn't know that it is the Marine Corps, NOT the Marine Core?????
1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?