Discussion: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 11 of 11  |  Show  posts at a time

AlisaK2000
Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 9 2010, 6:56 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 6:56 PM EST
Hello,
I tend to be really observant and logical so here's my reasons for why I am asking if Mark's injury story line might in fact be because his injury is real.

1) If you observe how he shifts his body when he moves he is in fact not moving normally which includes natural automatic movments that a person does unconsciously that are next to impossible for even the best of actors to eliminate. Some movements like how a body lowers a shoulder when they sit, or round a corner or turn around, also movements like how their weight naturally shifts or they turn their head/neck or when they sit or turn their hand and or wrist just simply moves naturally.

2) The story line seemed to be inserted at the "11th hour" of the plot for the episode when it was not even an importan plot point for the story.

3) The story line has been going on far longer than it would if it were fake and not in fact a real injury.

So, is his injury real? Is it his shoulder or collar bone?

Thanks,
Alisa
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: injury Mark Harmon shoulder
rosecake
rosecake
1. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 4:28 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 4:28 AM EST
I don't think MH's really injuried . I've watched a video , where they're shooting the next episode , and he was fine :)

http://video.team-ncis.com/video_783_interview_extra.html

hudsonian
2. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 6:15 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 6:15 AM EST
I have been wondering the same thing. It is unusual to use a plot device like this for so long if they didn't have to. Also, isn't he right-handed? If you notice on the recent appearance on the Jay Leno show, he used his left hand to reach into a bowl which may support an injury to his right shoulder. Do you find this valuable?    

hudsonian
3. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 6:16 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 6:16 AM EST
a. where did you see the videa? and b. the injury has to heal at some point so he probably has the sling off at this point. Do you find this valuable?    
rosecake
rosecake
4. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 6:51 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 6:51 AM EST
"a. where did you see the videa? and b. the injury has to heal at some point so he probably has the sling off at this point. "
a. I've posted the link for the video !
b. they shoot five days per week , so or MH's injured before Christmas break or that is a fake sling . JMO

AlisaK2000
5. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 7:15 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 7:15 AM EST
Hello,

That link to the video that you posted in reply to my question isn't working. Can you please repost the link?

Thank you,
Alisa
rosecake
rosecake
6. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 7:28 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 7:28 AM EST
"Hello,

That link to the video that you posted in reply to my question isn't working. Can you please repost the link?

Thank you,
Alisa"
Oh , I'm sorry . It works for me .
You could try here : www.team-ncis.com , then click on video , it's the first on the first line (90/02/10 interview extra)
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

AlisaK2000
7. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 8:11 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 8:11 AM EST
Interesting.....you are right - no sling and no "compensating" but I am still seeking a formal answer because the timing between these episodes with the sling and the interview I just watched could be far enough in between to allow for the healing to have occurred.

Alisa
hadapurpura
hadapurpura
8. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 8:16 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 8:16 AM EST
"I have been wondering the same thing. It is unusual to use a plot device like this for so long if they didn't have to. Also, isn't he right-handed? If you notice on the recent appearance on the Jay Leno show, he used his left hand to reach into a bowl which may support an injury to his right shoulder."
Yeah. It seem like the injury is fake, but that's some remarkable continuity and acting!
MargyW
MargyW
9. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 8:21 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 8:21 AM EST
"Yeah. It seem like the injury is fake, but that's some remarkable continuity and acting!"
Mark Harmon is a remarkable actor. Watch The Deliberate Stranger. As Bundy he is wearing a fake plaster cast & sling. He compensates the same way.
bellswebster
bellswebster
10. RE: Is Mark Harmon's injury real?
Feb 10 2010, 2:53 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 2:53 PM EST
"Interesting.....you are right - no sling and no "compensating" but I am still seeking a formal answer because the timing between these episodes with the sling and the interview I just watched could be far enough in between to allow for the healing to have occurred.

Alisa"
Mark's fine now it seems...he may not have done the stunt himself in the first place. It seems only natural to me, that if you are hit by a car, that it may take a few weeks for it to heal if it has been badly knocked.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)