Discussion: Chat about Jack Knife Here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 81 - 100 of 313  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
bellswebster
bellswebster
80. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 6:25 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 6:25 PM EST
"I wish Tony would find a nice girl (or guy) that had nothing to do with NCIS. Maybe someone from other branch of law enforcement, or something completely different. I know the stuff with Jeanne was an assignment, but I thought he was very sweet and charming when he was with her and I'd like to see that again. "
Tony is not gay duchessa......
He needs to meet a woman who's into movies, is a bit of of a stand up comic, a singer and works in a stable /government job. Someone who is not hoity-toity, but likes to drive a sports car and is a bit trendy, but still feminine.
Do you find this valuable?    
TrinaXO
TrinaXO
81. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 6:50 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 6:50 PM EST
I think poor Tony needs a break, have something go right for him for a change! There is so much shaking up of his confidence, getting screwed over, and generally having bad stuff happen to him the guy needs a break! Although saying that, I have to admit a bit of Tony whumping is good, as long as he gets his happy ending sometimes too! This episode there wasn't really much 'Tony' happening, lots of Ziva/Worth/Gibbs/Fornell and McGee but poor Tony just seemed to be the driver (I'm a sucker for a good Tony ep - more please)

And i agree with you bells, he needs to find a nice non-NCIS member-lady to have a relationship with, as much as I wasn't a fan of the whole 'Frog" thing it was nice to see the sweeter side of Tony in his relationship with Jeanne.

Also Bells did you wasn't the link to tonight's episode? and did the other links i sent you work?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

duchessa
82. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 6:58 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 6:58 PM EST
I didn't say he was gay - but he could be bi, as any of the characters could!

But that's not the point of the post. As Trina said, it would be nice to see something go right for him for a change. Nothing good has happened to him since he came back from being agent afloat, and it would be great to see him have good experiences for a change. And to see that sweeter side....
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
83. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 7:04 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 7:04 PM EST
Dunno why you guys are all worried about the Big D, I don't think he's going through anything he can't handle. And if you ask me if I was DiNozzo. I'd harbor a grudge against someone who broke my nose too, even though Werth was clearly not himself when he did it. But I give points to DiNozzo for at least offering to help him out. I had mixed feelings about tonight's episode, it had good character development between most of the major characters, but again the cases are getting weak; which is a trend I am noticing in Season 7. Previous seasons always had a great balance of character dynamics and compelling storylines, not so much to me this Season. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
84. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 7:08 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 7:08 PM EST
"I didn't say he was gay - but he could be bi, as any of the characters could!

But that's not the point of the post. As Trina said, it would be nice to see something go right for him for a change. Nothing good has happened to him since he came back from being agent afloat, and it would be great to see him have good experiences for a change. And to see that sweeter side...."
DiNozzo is clearly 100% hetero, as are the rest of the team. Not that there is anything wrong with it either or, but I don't see anything to suggest anything like that IMO
TrinaXO
TrinaXO
85. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 7:15 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 7:15 PM EST
"Dunno why you guys are all worried about the Big D, I don't think he's going through anything he can't handle. And if you ask me if I was DiNozzo. I'd harbor a grudge against someone who broke my nose too, even though Werth was clearly not himself when he did it. But I give points to DiNozzo for at least offering to help him out. "
Totally agree hardkore, Werth broke his nose, dislocated McGees shoulder blade, Gave Ziva a shiner, and knocked Gibbs to the floor. Of course Tony would hold a grudge, if there is one thing we know about DiNozzo its his loyalty and protectiveness of Gibbs and the team and all those things combined with the last meeting 'alla flash bang at casa Gibbs' would be enough to make anyone a little on edge and not like someone.
And again agree Hardkore brownie points for Tony's help offer... He is racking up quite a few this season!
HardKore71
HardKore71
86. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 7:29 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 7:29 PM EST
"Totally agree hardkore, Werth broke his nose, dislocated McGees shoulder blade, Gave Ziva a shiner, and knocked Gibbs to the floor. Of course Tony would hold a grudge, if there is one thing we know about DiNozzo its his loyalty and protectiveness of Gibbs and the team and all those things combined with the last meeting 'alla flash bang at casa Gibbs' would be enough to make anyone a little on edge and not like someone.
And again agree Hardkore brownie points for Tony's help offer... He is racking up quite a few this season!"
Other people have inferred, that he was extending his help to get Werth farther away from Ziva or just to help him out to score points with Ziva, or perhaps both. It's possible of course, but DiNozzo when you get past all his flaws, he is a genuinely good guy. I think after the case he felt some compassion for Werth, for all the stuff he's been through and really just wanted to help him.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
TrinaXO
TrinaXO
87. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 7:38 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 7:38 PM EST
"Other people have inferred, that he was extending his help to get Werth farther away from Ziva or just to help him out to score points with Ziva, or perhaps both. It's possible of course, but DiNozzo when you get past all his flaws, he is a genuinely good guy. I think after the case he felt some compassion for Werth, for all the stuff he's been through and really just wanted to help him."
You know what they say Hardkore 'great minds think a like' Ha HA . He is truly one of those honest to goodness genuine good guys! Whatever his motives may or may not of been, He still made the offer to go out of his way to help find the guy a job which he never had to do in the first place. And not only a job, but a job that would be close to his friends wife and kid which was really thoughtful of him, helping him find a new start with people he knew to belong with.
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
88. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 7:51 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 7:51 PM EST
"No new episode next week....is there an NCIS:LA thread? "
I was thinking it's because of the winter olympics, altho they're not on CBS
HardKore71
HardKore71
89. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 7:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 7:52 PM EST
"You know what they say Hardkore 'great minds think a like' Ha HA . He is truly one of those honest to goodness genuine good guys! Whatever his motives may or may not of been, He still made the offer to go out of his way to help find the guy a job which he never had to do in the first place. And not only a job, but a job that would be close to his friends wife and kid which was really thoughtful of him, helping him find a new start with people he knew to belong with."
Ditto Trina!
gottahavemyncis
gottahavemyncis
90. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:01 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:01 PM EST
"You know what they say Hardkore 'great minds think a like' Ha HA . He is truly one of those honest to goodness genuine good guys! Whatever his motives may or may not of been, He still made the offer to go out of his way to help find the guy a job which he never had to do in the first place. And not only a job, but a job that would be close to his friends wife and kid which was really thoughtful of him, helping him find a new start with people he knew to belong with."
So am I the only one who thought Tony made the offer to help Damon get a job in OH to GET HIM OUT OF THE WAY?? To keep him AWAY from Ziva (and I'm not a TIVA)?
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
91. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:04 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:04 PM EST
"Loved tonight's ep. I think one of the funniest we have had in a long time - lots of great lines from everyone. Especially loved the Gibbs/Fornell exchanges. Fornell to Gibbs "Well he is not wearing your pin" lol. I am going to have to re-watch, but one thing that stood out was Ziva's conversation with Werth in the truck. When she was trying to calm him down & help him cope with the thoughts from his capture. If I heard her correctly, she said "people she knows who knows about these things told her that trauma sets off painful memories" - sounds like she may be in therapy which would of course be a good thing & would explain why she appears to be dealing with things so well."
Maybe she is going to the same therapist as Tony, lol.

marie246
92. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:04 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:07 PM EST
"You know, the only reason Tony even offered to make a few calls to friends in Ohio to see if he could help Worth find a job was for Ziva. And she turns round and plays that game? Not cool. It's one thing to tease but it's another thing entirely to act like that. That was just full of malice. And the look on Tony's face was all 'be honest with me' and she just smirks like that? Very not cool.

Loved the camera angle phoof, though. Loved this whole episode, actually, especially the direction. Seriously, I noticed it right away. Really, really well done.

I love Fornell. Couldn't stop laughing at McGee on caffeine. Though the irony of Abby and Tony being the calm and collected members of the team? I liked that. "
hmm.. i see it differently. Tony is always a good guy. He also may have been doing that not only for Ziva, but for Gibbs as well. Those two obviously have wanted to help him before, so the connection of wanting to help him in some way again could have rubbed off on Tony.
The whole "the way she acted" to Tony didn't seem like teasing to me. She gave him the same smirk and eyebrows raised that she did in Jetlag when he asked her why she lied to Nora -when he lied to McGee about their sleeping accomodations. If anything, if she didn't want him to know she would have made it known or answered him with a question of her own. I give her kudos...before she would have asked if he was jealous or that it's none of his business! Go Ziva for growing! Tony should know her by now to assume if she were going to hit that or quit that with Werth!
I'm just hoping that what she is implying is that he should already know... like "hello... i go home with you" ... but that's just wishful thinking...
Ziva's growing-finding her path, McGee is growing into becoming such a good agent... Gibbs looks like he's enjoyin' himself... does Tony feel left out or stuck?
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
HardKore71
HardKore71
93. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:16 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:16 PM EST
"hmm.. i see it differently. Tony is always a good guy. He also may have been doing that not only for Ziva, but for Gibbs as well. Those two obviously have wanted to help him before, so the connection of wanting to help him in some way again could have rubbed off on Tony.
The whole "the way she acted" to Tony didn't seem like teasing to me. She gave him the same smirk and eyebrows raised that she did in Jetlag when he asked her why she lied to Nora -when he lied to McGee about their sleeping accomodations. If anything, if she didn't want him to know she would have made it known or answered him with a question of her own. I give her kudos...before she would have asked if he was jealous or that it's none of his business! Go Ziva for growing! Tony should know her by now to assume if she were going to hit that or quit that with Werth!
I'm just hoping that what she is implying is that he should already know... like "hello... i go home with you" ... but that's just wishful thinking...
Ziva's growing-finding her path, McGee is growing into become such a good agent... Gibbs looks like he's enjoyin' himself... does Tony feel left out or stuck? "
Actually Marie I got the same vibe as well, it seemed like gentle teasing to me, the expression on her face seemed to convey a "you should know me by now" kinda thing. I don't think Ziva is the type to hit it or quit it with just anyone, only time she did that was in Recoil, and she was messed up emotionally. And I don't think DiNozzo was offering help just to get Werth out of the picture, DiNozzo knows her well enough to know she's going to be with whoever she chooses.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

marie246
94. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:26 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:26 PM EST
"Actually Marie I got the same vibe as well, it seemed like gentle teasing to me, the expression on her face seemed to convey a "you should know me by now" kinda thing. I don't think Ziva is the type to hit it or quit it with just anyone, only time she did that was in Recoil, and she was messed up emotionally. And I don't think DiNozzo was offering help just to get Werth out of the picture, DiNozzo knows her well enough to know she's going to be with whoever she chooses."
woo-whooo Hardkore!!! yupyup were on the same wavelength! I rewatched that part of the Tony and Ziva convo... and when she didn't answer him verbally he didn't seem at all pissed. I thought they were silently communicating again with their eye locks and smirks.. honestly to me it seemed like she was saying she wanted to see "Him, as in, Tony again" ... cause after she did her little cute face thingy to Tony he seemed slightly surprised/happy/contemplative... Look at the corner of his lips and eyes...
But with some saying in their opinion that she was being malicious is far beyond me... i see that they are passed that stage of hurting each other...
I didn't get the vibe that she was romantically into Werth... i see her being sweet and nice to him because he's a struggling warrior that has so much potential to establish justice or just moving forward.. i dunno...
HardKore71
HardKore71
95. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:36 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:40 PM EST
"woo-whooo Hardkore!!! yupyup were on the same wavelength! I rewatched that part of the Tony and Ziva convo... and when she didn't answer him verbally he didn't seem at all pissed. I thought they were silently communicating again with their eye locks and smirks.. honestly to me it seemed like she was saying she wanted to see "Him, as in, Tony again" ... cause after she did her little cute face thingy to Tony he seemed slightly surprised/happy/contemplative... Look at the corner of his lips and eyes...
But with some saying in their opinion that she was being malicious is far beyond me... i see that they are passed that stage of hurting each other...
I didn't get the vibe that she was romantically into Werth... i see her being sweet and nice to him because he's a struggling warrior that has so much potential to establish justice or just moving forward.. i dunno... "
I concur Marie, I mean c'mon after all they been through togther she's gonna mindscrew with him? I think not. She was just pleased that he got slightly jealous and openingly showing he wants her, that's all. You're dead on about her feelings for Werth, probably cause she considers herself a warrior also and she too is struggling with a lot of inner turmoil; and she instantly recognized that and displayed some empathy toward him.
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
96. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:37 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:37 PM EST
"You know what they say Hardkore 'great minds think a like' Ha HA . He is truly one of those honest to goodness genuine good guys! "
Amen to this Trina XO and Hardkore! While a lot of people seem to comment mostly on Tony being nosy, juvenile, etc., I see a different Tony. Yes, he plays pranks (although bless his heart, he passed on it tonight) on the others. Yes, he can be nosy. But not all of Tony's trying to learn about his co-worker's lives is due to jealousy or nosiness. After all, not all of the Rivkin stuff was about jealousy....as someone mentioned earlier, Tony was doing his job and Michael was a bad guy.

As Tony has said many times, being nosy makes him a good investigator. He told his father that in Flesh and Blood when Sr. asked him if he always had to stick his nose into other people's business. I think that Tony had to be nosy when he was younger just to know what little he did about his parents, especially his father. This carried through to later in life and he's turned it into the "investigator angle."

As you said, Tony trying to hook Damon up with a job near his friend's family is what Tony is like underneath all that bravado.....the mask that it seems only Gibbs, Abby and possibly Ducky are aware is there. Tony has shown his softer side many times through the years, sometimes subtly, sometimes not. I always remember how Tony interacted with Ernie Yost in "Call of Silence." That was one of the most excellent NCIS episodes of all time. It still makes me cry and I love how Ernie and Tony got along. Also the way Tony tried to help Kate through the Ari thing, letting Abby yell at him without saying anything after Kate died, being with McGee in autopsy so that McGee wouldn't be alone, helping Josh in "Sandblast.," these are a few examples of the real Tony.

I loved watching Tony and McGee tonight. Seems they have traded places.
HardKore71
HardKore71
97. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:57 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:57 PM EST
"Amen to this Trina XO and Hardkore! While a lot of people seem to comment mostly on Tony being nosy, juvenile, etc., I see a different Tony. Yes, he plays pranks (although bless his heart, he passed on it tonight) on the others. Yes, he can be nosy. But not all of Tony's trying to learn about his co-worker's lives is due to jealousy or nosiness. After all, not all of the Rivkin stuff was about jealousy....as someone mentioned earlier, Tony was doing his job and Michael was a bad guy.

As Tony has said many times, being nosy makes him a good investigator. He told his father that in Flesh and Blood when Sr. asked him if he always had to stick his nose into other people's business. I think that Tony had to be nosy when he was younger just to know what little he did about his parents, especially his father. This carried through to later in life and he's turned it into the "investigator angle."

As you said, Tony trying to hook Damon up with a job near his friend's family is what Tony is like underneath all that bravado.....the mask that it seems only Gibbs, Abby and possibly Ducky are aware is there. Tony has shown his softer side many times through the years, sometimes subtly, sometimes not. I always remember how Tony interacted with Ernie Yost in "Call of Silence." That was one of the most excellent NCIS episodes of all time. It still makes me cry and I love how Ernie and Tony got along. Also the way Tony tried to help Kate through the Ari thing, letting Abby yell at him without saying anything after Kate died, being with McGee in autopsy so that McGee wouldn't be alone, helping Josh in "Sandblast.," these are a few examples of the real Tony.

I loved watching Tony and McGee tonight. Seems they have traded places."
Excellent excellent points WW49, most people forget about those episodes and just harp on his flaws unfortunately. Gibbs is a good judge of character, would DiNozzo be his right hand man if he was such a tool? I remember when McGee asked Ziva he came across as unmanly, and Ziva replied he was manly just not macho like Gibbs or Tony. That being said I think DiNozzo views himself as an alpha male, and feels like that's the behavior that is expected of him so he acts accordingly. But when alone with just one other person, his true personality usually comes forth. I like the new McGee, it's good seeing him confident and sure about his ablities
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
98. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 8:58 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 8:58 PM EST
"I think poor Tony needs a break, have something go right for him for a change! There is so much shaking up of his confidence, getting screwed over, and generally having bad stuff happen to him the guy needs a break! This episode there wasn't really much 'Tony' happening (I'm a sucker for a good Tony ep - more please)

"
Tony definitely needs a break. One episode, he seems happy and is being a good investigator), then the next episode Tony's screwing up and his confidence is getting knocked down.

I really have not enjoyed that many episodes of NCIS this year. That hurts me to say because I am usually the first person in front of the tv on Tuesday night.

I feel the writers are working too hard to please everyone concerning Ziva and Tony. They keep throwing out hints that these two may be together and there's the flirting and jealousy stuff (for Tiva fans) but nothing is proven (for non-Tiva watchers). IMO, the writers are going to end up making both sides upset.

They need to decide whether Tony and Ziva are together as a couple or good friends and partners and stick with it. This has been going on for 3 years and it is getting old, IMO. At first I was like, sure put them together. Now, I hope they do not. Let Ziva have a romance with Werth or someone else and find Tony a woman who can match his witty banter and love of movies. lol.

The writers don't seem as consistent, either. When Werth showed up earlier this year, Tony was like, "Oh, yeah," and touched his nose when reintroduced to the guy. He even told Bell that Werth was a loyal guy and did not seem to harbor any grudge, yet in this episode Tony does a 180 and does hold a grudge.

Tony was jealous of Worth but ...IMO he was more jealous of the fact that Gibbs was helping Werth....we all know how he wants to be #1 (or at least #2 behind Abby) with Gibbs.
HardKore71
HardKore71
99. RE: Chat about Jack Knife Here!
Feb 9 2010, 9:07 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 9:07 PM EST
"Tony definitely needs a break. One episode, he seems happy and is being a good investigator), then the next episode Tony's screwing up and his confidence is getting knocked down.

I really have not enjoyed that many episodes of NCIS this year. That hurts me to say because I am usually the first person in front of the tv on Tuesday night.

I feel the writers are working too hard to please everyone concerning Ziva and Tony. They keep throwing out hints that these two may be together and there's the flirting and jealousy stuff (for Tiva fans) but nothing is proven (for non-Tiva watchers). IMO, the writers are going to end up making both sides upset.

They need to decide whether Tony and Ziva are together as a couple or good friends and partners and stick with it. This has been going on for 3 years and it is getting old, IMO. At first I was like, sure put them together. Now, I hope they do not. Let Ziva have a romance with Werth or someone else and find Tony a woman who can match his witty banter and love of movies. lol.

The writers don't seem as consistent, either. When Werth showed up earlier this year, Tony was like, "Oh, yeah," and touched his nose when reintroduced to the guy. He even told Bell that Werth was a loyal guy and did not seem to harbor any grudge, yet in this episode Tony does a 180 and does hold a grudge.

Tony was jealous of Worth but ...IMO he was more jealous of the fact that Gibbs was helping Werth....we all know how he wants to be #1 (or at least #2 behind Abby) with Gibbs. "
I'm not too sure about that one WW, he knows Gibbs is Marine through and through. He should know it's just Gibbs helping out another Marine. Remember in the opening scene Gibbs pretty much said that he didn't consider Werth a friend, so he shouldn't be too worried.
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)