Discussion: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 17 of 17  |  Show  posts at a time
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 9:28 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 9:28 AM EST
A bit of waffle on last night's episode, with links to recap and review. Comments welcome as always. Do you find this valuable?    
Probie007
Probie007
1. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 10:01 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 10:01 AM EST
"A bit of waffle on last night's episode, with links to recap and review. Comments welcome as always."
Sorgina - it just proves what the CBS spokeswoman and the rest of the NCIS cast were saying. NCIS has a strong base and that really doesnt change irrespective of which episode airs along with it. NCIS has built up a very strong base which is loyal.
I was a bit disappointed that we slipped to no 2 but since the viewership is more or less the same I think its a victory in itself!
Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
2. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 10:15 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Indeed you're right Probie007, and like you I think the rating in itself is a victory since it's within the viewing figures obtained since season beginning and particularly taking into account just how many viewers AI draws. Do you find this valuable?    
rosecake
rosecake
3. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 10:33 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 10:49 AM EST
I don't think that NCIS has lost the competition against AI , on the contrary it has increase the viewers from last episode . AI has just another kind of viewers that would never watch NCIS . There wasn't a real competition , because they're two completely different shows . It's like make a competition between "Usual Suspects" and "High School Musical" ! It's impossible ! They're too different !

The episode has been simply great !
I've really loved the interactions among the characters . MW , MH and RW has been so perfect and credible . They didn't do anything wrong . Every look and every movements were right for their characters and for the plot .
MW's eyes were so expressive . They showed true feelings not just "acted" feelings !
I think that , in this episode , we've seen lots of clues for what will happen to the characters in the future . Tony more mature and adult , but without losing his humour and Gibbs more "open" to share his feelings , but still the Boss !
I hope to see RW in the future . He has been a perfect DiNozzo Sr.
What can I add ? This's one of my favourite episode , or maybe the favourite !
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
4. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 11:14 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 11:14 AM EST
"I don't think that NCIS has lost the competition against AI , on the contrary it has increase the viewers from last episode . AI has just another kind of viewers that would never watch NCIS . There wasn't a real competition , because they're two completely different shows . It's like make a competition between "Usual Suspects" and "High School Musical" ! It's impossible ! They're too different !

The episode has been simply great !
I've really loved the interactions among the characters . MW , MH and RW has been so perfect and credible . They didn't do anything wrong . Every look and every movements were right for their characters and for the plot .
MW's eyes were so expressive . They showed true feelings not just "acted" feelings !
I think that , in this episode , we've seen lots of clues for what will happen to the characters in the future . Tony more mature and adult , but without losing his humour and Gibbs more "open" to share his feelings , but still the Boss !
I hope to see RW in the future . He has been a perfect DiNozzo Sr.
What can I add ? This's one of my favourite episode , or maybe the favourite ! "
I can't wait to see this episode with what everyone's saying about this.
rosecake
rosecake
5. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 12:10 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 12:10 PM EST
"I can't wait to see this episode with what everyone's saying about this."
Trust me , I'll love it !
I've forgot to talk about Tony and Tim . DiNozzo trusts McGee enough to ask his help to check his father's bank accounts . I think their relationship has definitely grown up !
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
6. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 12:25 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 12:25 PM EST
Sounds interesting. Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
7. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 4:02 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 4:02 PM EST
"Sorgina - it just proves what the CBS spokeswoman and the rest of the NCIS cast were saying. NCIS has a strong base and that really doesnt change irrespective of which episode airs along with it. NCIS has built up a very strong base which is loyal.
I was a bit disappointed that we slipped to no 2 but since the viewership is more or less the same I think its a victory in itself!"
Who is at no. 1 now then?
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
8. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 13 2010, 10:51 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 10:51 PM EST
"Who is at no. 1 now then?"
B***** American Idol!!
bellswebster
bellswebster
9. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 14 2010, 12:27 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2010, 12:27 AM EST
Yeah, Australian Idol does the same thing. At least the two shows have totally different concepts. the only other show like ncis that gets near them is usually Criminal Minds .. I think Flash Point got up there when they first started..not sure about this year yet as the ratings don't start again till February. As an overall of all television programs ncis are usually sitting on about 16 out of 20. Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
10. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 14 2010, 12:43 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2010, 12:43 AM EST
"Yeah, Australian Idol does the same thing. At least the two shows have totally different concepts. the only other show like ncis that gets near them is usually Criminal Minds .. I think Flash Point got up there when they first started..not sure about this year yet as the ratings don't start again till February. As an overall of all television programs ncis are usually sitting on about 16 out of 20."
In the Spanish State Big Brother tends to win hands down followed by Hospital Central (home production) and the CSI franchise
bellswebster
bellswebster
11. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 14 2010, 1:11 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2010, 1:11 AM EST
"In the Spanish State Big Brother tends to win hands down followed by Hospital Central (home production) and the CSI franchise"
I can't stand Big Brother...I'm surprised they prefer the CSI's...are ncis far behind them?
rosecake
rosecake
12. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 14 2010, 1:40 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2010, 1:40 AM EST
In Italy too , Reality/Talent Shows win the ratings and I don't understand why ! There is neither reality nor talent (the most part of the times !)
Here NCIS has an airing problem , I think . When they aired Last Season (5 for us) , they aired 2 episodes (from 9 p.m. to 10.35 p.m.)and the 2nd one was always the first show of RAI2 and one of the most watched show of Sunday night . Now , with Season 6 , they aired just one episode at 9 p.m. , and the show is losing viewers .
In Italy , people start watching TV at 9.15-9.30 p.m. , especially on Sunday night !
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
13. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 14 2010, 3:47 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2010, 3:47 AM EST
The Spanish State is the only place where Big Brother is still successful, goodness knows why.
CSI franchise is shown Monday nights, Tuesday nights Hospital Central (Spanish version of ER), Friday and Saturday evenings are gossip programmes, Thursday is generally Big Brother.
NCIS on Spanish TV is on one of the minor national channels LaSexta, whereas CSI is on one of the major national channels :-( Perhaps with the advent of DTT things will change
rosecake
rosecake
14. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 14 2010, 4:06 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2010, 4:06 AM EST
"The Spanish State is the only place where Big Brother is still successful, goodness knows why.
CSI franchise is shown Monday nights, Tuesday nights Hospital Central (Spanish version of ER), Friday and Saturday evenings are gossip programmes, Thursday is generally Big Brother.
NCIS on Spanish TV is on one of the minor national channels LaSexta, whereas CSI is on one of the major national channels :-( Perhaps with the advent of DTT things will change"
Sadly , also in Italy all reality shows (BB , The famous' island ...) are still successful ! :(
prophetess01
prophetess01
15. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 14 2010, 4:25 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2010, 4:25 AM EST
How many people accepted this episode at face value...that Tony, Sr., is a charming but destitute fellow? Think about it. When did Tony, Sr., arrive on the scene...before or AFTER the bomb blast? How did he recognize the prince so quickly (since he hadn't seen him since '96)? Who was he really emailing when he was at the hotel? Just what was he doing on Tony, Jr.'s computer? Do we think he is smart enough to set up ficticious bank and credit card statements? He knew Tony, Jr., would be just nosy enough to retrieve any data he was working on. Let's say Tony, Sr., is the embedded mole in the Arab terror cell. We do know that whoever the mole is, he's batting a 1000. Let's say Tony, Sr., has been a MI 6 agent or associated with them for many, many years. What kind of life would he have led? Would Tony, Jr., have been privy to any part of that life, or would it all be a mystery to him (as it definitely is)? Would that be a profession you could tell your child about? I'm thinking Bond...James Bond. What do you think? Do you find this valuable?    
rosecake
rosecake
16. RE: Last Night's Episode (7.12 Flesh and Blood - 12/01/10)
Jan 14 2010, 4:41 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2010, 4:50 AM EST
"How many people accepted this episode at face value...that Tony, Sr., is a charming but destitute fellow? Think about it. When did Tony, Sr., arrive on the scene...before or AFTER the bomb blast? How did he recognize the prince so quickly (since he hadn't seen him since '96)? Who was he really emailing when he was at the hotel? Just what was he doing on Tony, Jr.'s computer? Do we think he is smart enough to set up ficticious bank and credit card statements? He knew Tony, Jr., would be just nosy enough to retrieve any data he was working on. Let's say Tony, Sr., is the embedded mole in the Arab terror cell. We do know that whoever the mole is, he's batting a 1000. Let's say Tony, Sr., has been a MI 6 agent or associated with them for many, many years. What kind of life would he have led? Would Tony, Jr., have been privy to any part of that life, or would it all be a mystery to him (as it definitely is)? Would that be a profession you could tell your child about? I'm thinking Bond...James Bond. What do you think?"
OMG ! You've a huge fantasy ! But you could be right , who knows ?!
I'm sure of just one thing : Tony didn't know anything about his father's trades .
An advice : post your ideas on "The All-year Season 7 Thread" and you'll see how many comments you'll read ! That's the "Speculations' Heaven" (and I like it) !!! LOL
P.S. : remember do not post spoilers :)

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)