Discussion: Why I didn't like Jenny ShepardReported This is a featured thread

Showing 81 - 90 of 90  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5
ncisislove
ncisislove
80. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Dec 27 2009, 9:35 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2009, 9:55 PM EST
"Well if Gibbs didn't trust her, why didn't he try to have her removed?"
She didn't annoy him THAT much to make him want her out. Not to mention exact that move has a lot in common with politics-and we all know how much Gibbs "loves" to deal with politics. The exact same question we can ask about Vance too

PS: on the second thought,"once a Marine,always a Marine"-when the orders are given,they can't be questioned-if the secretary of the Navy made exact that woman Director,there is a reason for that-I don't think Gibbs,like a Marine,will question orders-it's the way soldier thinks-but that's just an asumation.
Do you find this valuable?    

megansian
81. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Dec 27 2009, 9:55 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2009, 9:55 PM EST
"Yeah, the Judgment Day stuff was all about a hit she was supposed to carry out overseas (not sure where it was) and that led to her eventual death in that episode too."
Surely the point of Judgement Day was that Gibbs did NOT know that she hadn't killed the woman - she LIED to him about it. This was the same woman who for years had wanted revenge on the agents who had killed her partner - the same woman who was going to shoot Gibbs in Jennie's study at the end but instead was shot by Mike.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

loyalfan
82. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Dec 28 2009, 6:15 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2009, 6:15 AM EST
"She didn't annoy him THAT much to make him want her out. Not to mention exact that move has a lot in common with politics-and we all know how much Gibbs "loves" to deal with politics. The exact same question we can ask about Vance too

PS: on the second thought,"once a Marine,always a Marine"-when the orders are given,they can't be questioned-if the secretary of the Navy made exact that woman Director,there is a reason for that-I don't think Gibbs,like a Marine,will question orders-it's the way soldier thinks-but that's just an asumation."
I think if there is one thing we can say about Gibbs, it is that he is NOT one to accept orders without question, Marine or not. When he believed strongly about something, he was not to be stopped. This was something he and Jenny had in common. I think he did respect Director Shepard, although grudgingly. After all, he had been her mentor. There was some of Gibbs in Jenny. Both were willing to bend the rules for what they considered the greater good.
I have to disagree with an earlier comment about Director Morrrow being the only director who had his agent's back. Director Shepard went the extra mile, too, for her agents. We see this in "Frameup", "Bait", "Jeopardy", "Chimera". Vance's relationship to his agents is quite different from that of Morrow and Shepard.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
ncisislove
ncisislove
83. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Dec 28 2009, 7:16 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2010, 8:34 PM EST
" When he believed strongly about something, he was not to be stopped.
I have to disagree with an earlier comment about Director Morrrow being the only director who had his agent's back. Director Shepard went the extra mile, too, for her agents. We see this in "Frameup", "Bait", "Jeopardy", "Chimera". "
That's true-but Gibbs always take that kind of drastic act AFTER he has proofs.He didn't like interfere with other's people personl business and he trust his agents are smart enough and know what they are doing,like it was in Tony's case-his trust from my POV was in Tony on that case,not in Jen.Until this point Jen did nothing ,which can be count like serious threat for the agency-BECAUSE of that Gibbs did nothing-not because he trusted her enough. The same behaviour Gibbs has towards Vance-he could've asked Sec Nav to move him,but he didn't do that.Honestly,I don't think it will work in both cases,because Jen and Vance 's appointment has political aspect-the first woman on that possition(Jen) and the man,who promissed to clean the mess(Vance).
There are different level of trust- Jen may not be the person,whom you can trust about some things,but for basic things she can be trusted - that's the way I see Emerellda's answer,and like I said,that doesn't work for me.IF Tony was dead ,when his car blow up, don't think Gibbs will just sit and do nothing.
You said she had her agents back in some ep.-but she didn't do that for them in the other ep.- she didn't back up the team with Ari, and fоrced Tim quit instead to ask for his resignation in "Twisted Sister", didn't support him enough in "Probie" too,and put pressure on Tony in "Bait"-how that ca be count like support? Very changeable behaviour from my POV- Morrow was more consistent written considering that aspect of the job.

jbabisz
84. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Dec 30 2009, 4:47 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2009, 4:47 AM EST
I liked Jenny in the 3 and 4 seasons, bu in the 5 season she became all about lies and deceit! 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
hadapurpura
hadapurpura
85. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Dec 30 2009, 5:51 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2009, 5:51 AM EST
The thing that annoyed me the most about Jenny - and still does - is that that's the image of a female director they imprinted on us. Can't a female director be objective, efficient and not necessarily involved with the male character, even if she's attractive?

I don't think she was necessarily a bad or evil person, but she didn't have good judgement at all, was selfish as hell, and she definitely wasn't someone you could trust. She could back you up one moment and betray you the next. You never knew what to expect from her, and not in a good way.
mizgibbbs
mizgibbbs
86. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Jan 1 2010, 5:27 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2010, 5:27 PM EST
I'm sorry, but i MIGHT know what flashback your talking about...but im not quite sure (there are alot of umm "unique" flashbacks of gibbs and jen) :)
but do you know what episode this flashback was in- where she didnt help him?
Do you find this valuable?    
ncisislove
ncisislove
87. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Jan 1 2010, 8:44 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2010, 8:44 PM EST
"I'm sorry, but i MIGHT know what flashback your talking about...but im not quite sure (there are alot of umm "unique" flashbacks of gibbs and jen) :)
but do you know what episode this flashback was in- where she didnt help him?"
The falshbacks between them were a few-in the car,when Jen kissed him ...on the cheek,I think; making love; smiling and lauthing on the street; arround the table during dinner with other people ,and Gibbs' arrest by the french police- like you see,there are not that many flashbacks.:) If you are asking about the flashback,where Gibbs was arrested,watch "Model Behaviour".
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
NCISDiNozzo1025
NCISDiNozzo1025
88. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Jan 2 2010, 3:31 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 2 2010, 3:31 PM EST
I never really liked her, or the actress, she was selfish and obbsessed with La Grenouille. In Bury Your Dead, when Tony was Missing, and they were getting info on the limo company, the first thing she says is maybe it can lead them to La Grenouille, as if Yony doesnt even matter. Then Gibbs says And Dinozzo, and her repliy, as if she actually thought of it was oh, of course he comes first. and eveyone else was crazy hoping it wasnt tony on ducky's autopsy table, and her main concern was catching the damn arms dealer!! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
LauraElisa
LauraElisa
89. RE: Why I didn't like Jenny Shepard
Jul 23 2011, 7:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2011, 7:16 AM EDT
She actually the reason i started watching NCIS. If she wasn't in , i would've never been a fan of NCIS. I love the flashbacks. I also love Lauren Holly as an actress..
I'm actually little like Jenny, i'm also selfish, obsessive . Also i keep some secrets or important from other people. So i lie too. And i still can't believe why Jenny was shot and not Mike Franks. Don't like him.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)