Discussion: NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow UpReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts
MargyW
MargyW
NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow Up
Nov 26 2009, 8:30 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 8:30 AM EST
My blog entry for today:

http://cbsncis.wetpaint.com/page/NCIS+MODERATORS%27+BLOG+54

My thanks to everyone who took part in the original discussion.
Do you find this valuable?    
cassierules
cassierules
1. RE: NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow Up
Nov 26 2009, 3:16 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 3:16 PM EST
Hey, I responded to that blog! Oh...wait, you have that....but thanks for making me sound smart in there, Margy!

Yes, I am still competely for NCIS novels. Taking it from the business side, CBS has over an average of about 18 million veiwers tuning into both of it's NCIS shows (21 mil fo NCIS, 17 mil for LA). That's, uh, you know, a lot of people. Say that about....eight million of them woud be interested in purchasing an NCIS novel. Hello Piggy Bank. take that out to the world market, and seriously, it adds up to a LOT of $$.

However, from the personal side, i woud like to say that as part of the younger age bracket, it's very difficult to find something interesting, engaging, and most of all, relevant to read. All your friends are either reading Twilight or textbooks at this age, and may I be the first to put it on this board, SCHOOL RECCOMENDED READING BOOKS ARE TERRIBLE. I get wanting to have Classic Literature in the mix, but my grandparents remember having those books on their RR lists.

i read comic books because as an artist, it does give me something pretty to look at, plus in those books, everything seems quite a bit more current, if that be through the dialouge, the visuas or the genera plotine. And don't t tell me there aren't any good stories in comics. One of my favorite comics is Sandman, and trust me, in book form, few would get past the first chapter.

The way I see it, taking NCIS and turning it into novels would give the younger fan set another reading option, with engaging, fun, characters, and plots. Not to mention, Abby's labby and Tony's pop cuture references are whoe heck of a lot more relevant than whatever did end up happening in "Locked in Time" (two years ater, I still haven't figuired it out).

I'd like to end with a question to the other repliers: What kinds of things would you expect to see in an NCIS novel?
MargyW
MargyW
2. RE: NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow Up
Nov 26 2009, 3:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 3:18 PM EST
Wasn't hard to do, cassie. You ARE smart! *smiles widely* Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
3. RE: NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow Up
Nov 26 2009, 3:21 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 3:22 PM EST
School recommended reading texts are often not appropriate for school, IMHO. I did not understand "To Kill a Mockingbird" when I had to read it when I was 14. I did not have the life experience to understand the concepts of the novel or to be able to read the subtext. I found it boring and considered it rubbish.

About 3 years ago a friend gave me a copy for my birthday. You can imagine my initial reaction. However, I started to read it. And loved it. I now had the life experiences to understand what the book was about.
SilverStar48
SilverStar48
4. RE: NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow Up
Nov 26 2009, 3:32 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 3:32 PM EST
"School recommended reading texts are often not appropriate for school, IMHO. I did not understand "To Kill a Mockingbird" when I had to read it when I was 14. I did not have the life experience to understand the concepts of the novel or to be able to read the subtext. I found it boring and considered it rubbish.

About 3 years ago a friend gave me a copy for my birthday. You can imagine my initial reaction. However, I started to read it. And loved it. I now had the life experiences to understand what the book was about."
That is one of my very favorite films, Margy. I will never in my life understand bigotry or racism. It was very powerful to me.
MargyW
MargyW
5. RE: NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow Up
Nov 26 2009, 3:39 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 3:39 PM EST
"That is one of my very favorite films, Margy. I will never in my life understand bigotry or racism. It was very powerful to me."
Me either SilverStar. My father brought me up to see people without tags.
agentnics
agentnics
6. RE: NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow Up
Nov 26 2009, 4:43 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 4:45 PM EST
I know at Fan Fest this year someone asked about NCIS as books. They have no plans to do that. Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
7. RE: NCIS Tie-In Novels - Follow Up
Nov 26 2009, 4:48 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 4:48 PM EST
"I know at Fan Fest this year someone asked about NCIS as books. They have no plans to do that. "
Two years ago there were no plans for a spin off either. *smiles* If they know the market is there, anything is possible.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)