Discussion: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time
MargyW
MargyW
Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 21 2009, 11:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 11:49 AM EST
My blog entry for today:

http://cbsncis.wetpaint.com/page/NCIS+MODERATORS%27+BLOG+52

Any feedback/discussion would be great.
Do you find this valuable?    
cassierules
cassierules
1. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 21 2009, 3:24 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 3:24 PM EST
Whaaaa-? Requiem was one of my favorite episodes! Yes, I suppose Gibbs almost dying was a shock, but it was so well done you actualy thought he might have been finished (despite knowing they would be out of their minds to kill the show's flagship man).

Agreed on Recoil, though. Might have taken Ex-wife #3's seven iron to Tony if it hadn't been a new TV. The sad thing is that, as irritating as Tony was in S5, it's as though they've doubed that in S6-7. Honestly, DiNozzo, haven't the headslaps knocked you right yet?
Mona92
Mona92
2. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 21 2009, 3:57 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 3:59 PM EST

Season 5 eps I didn't like so much are
Recoil because of Ziva's strange behavior
In the Zone was somewhat boring. I missed the team work.
Requiem, there was too much playing on one's heart strings - the whole rescuing was a bit overboard. Tony’s just on time to rescue two people out of a car. The authors for sure wanted to show how much he admires Gibbs. But I think it's unrealistic.
emerellda
emerellda
3. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 21 2009, 4:10 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 4:10 PM EST
Requim, was really freaky at the beginning, and although it is a really emotional ep, I still don't really love it, In the Zone, I also didn't like, too much jardine, (although I did quite like her) and not enough team, it wasn't one with emphasis on the case, and it didn't have enough character development, IMO, for that type of ep, Recoil was one of favourite eps of season 5, purely for that begining scene, and it was a ziva ep, which I love, but yes the team were pretty un-sympatheic towards Ziva, and they all showed interesting ccharacter traits, but it would be a really difficult ep to both write, and act, and I thought that they did a good job, and it featured abby on rollerskates lol! desinated target was not one of my favourite eps, either, but on the whole, season 5 was a fantastic season, and it is such a pity that it got cut short Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
4. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 21 2009, 8:26 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 8:26 PM EST
"Requim, was really freaky at the beginning, and although it is a really emotional ep, I still don't really love it, In the Zone, I also didn't like, too much jardine, (although I did quite like her) and not enough team, it wasn't one with emphasis on the case, and it didn't have enough character development, IMO, for that type of ep, Recoil was one of favourite eps of season 5, purely for that begining scene, and it was a ziva ep, which I love, but yes the team were pretty un-sympatheic towards Ziva, and they all showed interesting ccharacter traits, but it would be a really difficult ep to both write, and act, and I thought that they did a good job, and it featured abby on rollerskates lol! desinated target was not one of my favourite eps, either, but on the whole, season 5 was a fantastic season, and it is such a pity that it got cut short"
I agree. The season had to be truncated due to the writer's strike, so of course, a lot of things had to be compressed which did make for a lot of unevenness in the season.
weatherlywatcher49
weatherlywatcher49
5. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 21 2009, 8:44 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 8:44 PM EST
I disagree with Requiem.....I loved that episode. Yes, it was a bit unbelievable....not the turning up at just the right moment, that could happen, but the fact that Tony managed to kill two gunmen while running while never getting hurt.

I agree with Designated Target. Definitely not one of my favorite episodes....Tony and Ziva were both out of character also boring.

Recoil....not one of my favorites but okay. However, I have to defend my guy, Tony. Everyone seems to think he was soooo mean in this episode. I disagree. Yes, I think he was jealous (so was Ziva with Jeanne. Yes, he was nosy. Again, so was Ziva with Jeanne). He made a couple of comments he shouldn't have but all in all, I believe that he was trying to help Ziva, not hurt her.
Tony trying to tussle Ziva's hair and her slamming his hand down on the desk. Tony was just trying to make her smile...even said so. Tony at the bar....being a detective. Tony after Ziva attacked the copying machine said some things to make her angry. Tony does that with everyone during a case, especially suspects. Gets them pissed off so they'll reveal something without thinking and then working with it. He was using those tactics on Ziva....even said he wasn't trying to make light of what she had gone through and was just trying to get her in a better head space.

As far as him being upset about her sleeping with Locke and thinking that Locke was a suspect....I can understand his reasoning. Missing girlfriend around same time, from same bar and had the same blood type as the one found on the knife. Same build and height. Who wouldn't think he was a suspect? If Ziva had had her head in the right place (which naturally she didn't and who could blame her?) she would have thought the same thing. She wouldn't have slept with the man....Tony was worried that she was sleeping with a killer. Not being mean - caring, just as Gibbs was.
Mulchahy
Mulchahy
6. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 22 2009, 6:10 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2009, 6:10 AM EST
I agree with Recoil. I can't watch it because Tony is such A-hole and he is my favorite. Requiem freaks me out, but I find the episode touching. The only thing that would have made that episode horrendous was if Gibbs opened the time capsule. I liked the Gibbs and Maddy relationship but i am glad the writers didn't keep it an ongoing thing. I find it hard to watch Chimera too though the ship blowing up in the end is fantastic. Do you find this valuable?    
Ydnam96
Ydnam96
7. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 25 2009, 11:48 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2009, 11:48 AM EST
I have to disagree about saying Recoil is a bad episode just because of Tony- indeed I think he crossed the "get you out of your headspace" line right into "you're a jerk" territory (pitched a tent and started a campfire)...but it's one of Cote de Pablo's best shows in my opinion. And it's one of the best episodes for Ziva's character as well...

Just my two cents...
le_bibliothecaire
le_bibliothecaire
8. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 25 2009, 11:56 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2009, 11:56 AM EST
"I have to disagree about saying Recoil is a bad episode just because of Tony- indeed I think he crossed the "get you out of your headspace" line right into "you're a jerk" territory (pitched a tent and started a campfire)...but it's one of Cote de Pablo's best shows in my opinion. And it's one of the best episodes for Ziva's character as well...

Just my two cents..."
Eh, what I noticed when I watched is that Tony started pushing back when Ziva pushed. He tried the quiet understanding bit at first (tried to take her out for a drink and listen to her while she talked it out, tried to "tussel" her hair because "sometimes it makes you laugh", etc.) and it didn't work, so he pushed back harder to try to get a rise out of her to get her to work it it by aggression. When that didn't work he may have taken it too far, but I don't think he was trying to be a jerk so much as he really was trying to get her out of her head space, as he put it. This is just the way these two work most of the time--it's push and pull. Ziva has done the same thing with him. It's just the way things are a lot of the time with these two. If I remember correctly, they even (briefly) mention this somewhat in the episode commentary.
emerellda
emerellda
9. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 26 2009, 7:01 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 7:01 PM EST
"If I remember correctly, they even (briefly) mention this somewhat in the episode commentary."
there is episode comentary???? I thought they only had it for season 6?!
MargyW
MargyW
10. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 26 2009, 8:05 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 8:05 PM EST
"there is episode comentary???? I thought they only had it for season 6?!"
The USA DVD releases have commentary for most of the seasons. I bought seasons 4, 5 and 6 from the USA and they all have commentary from memory.
emerellda
emerellda
11. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 26 2009, 9:31 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 9:31 PM EST
ahh thanks for clarifing that Do you find this valuable?    
rkent36
rkent36
12. RE: Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5
Nov 27 2009, 12:43 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 27 2009, 12:43 PM EST
Totally agree regarding "Recoil." Nobody in that episode seemed "in character" - not Ziva (she's an ASSASSIN, for Pete's sake. By the very nature of her job, she's had closer calls), not Tony, and not Gibbs. But I especially hated how they wrote Ziva in this episode and honestly don't understand why anyone likes it.

"Requiem" annoyed me because of Gibbs. Apparently, everyone on his team is reqd to follow his rules EXCEPT him.

To be honest, season 5 is when I think all of the character dynamics started getting screwed up and I find myself enjoying episodes from seasons 4 and earlier more than any of the later ones.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)