Discussion: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 23  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
twilight90210
twilight90210
How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Sep 4 2009, 6:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 4 2009, 6:24 AM EDT
The one question we are all wondering. Post your ideas.

I for one think he has a wall that he can take out and he takes it out from there.....anyone else?
20  out of 42 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: gibbs boat
jml709
jml709
1. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Sep 4 2009, 6:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 4 2009, 6:16 PM EDT
I still can't believe he had that last boat almost finished and then it disappeared at the end of Season 6. Worse still was when Ducky asked him point blank and he didn't answer directly. Ack!

I've read about (and agree with) the theory that he busts up the boats when he's frustrated and/or hurt by his divorces or break-ups. While he and Ziva were not a couple, he had to have felt betrayed by her and so maybe he took out his frustration on his boat and broke it into little pieces. And all we get to see him do is sweep the floor at the end of the carnage.
13  out of 39 found this valuable. Do you?    
twilight90210
twilight90210
2. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Sep 7 2009, 12:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 7 2009, 12:28 PM EDT
"I still can't believe he had that last boat almost finished and then it disappeared at the end of Season 6. Worse still was when Ducky asked him point blank and he didn't answer directly. Ack!

I've read about (and agree with) the theory that he busts up the boats when he's frustrated and/or hurt by his divorces or break-ups. While he and Ziva were not a couple, he had to have felt betrayed by her and so maybe he took out his frustration on his boat and broke it into little pieces. And all we get to see him do is sweep the floor at the end of the carnage."
that probly is true since he's usually very frustrated but i wish they'd jst tell us already! its the one thing that everyone wants to no! id be so mad if they show'd it at the very end of the NCIS series
7  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    
AngelVaughan
AngelVaughan
3. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 4 2011, 4:00 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Ahh...but that doesn't cover the "Kelly".... 20  out of 25 found this valuable. Do you?    
retiredinlavernia
retiredinlavernia
4. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 4 2011, 11:23 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2011, 11:23 PM EST
"Ahh...but that doesn't cover the "Kelly"...."
Exactly - I was thinking about the "Kelly" when I was reading the other posts also - The question is a good one and will be most likley be addressed in the Seris final show.

I have two observations - In one show - "Honor Code" I believe the little boy ask Gibbs the question and Gibbs tells him he could build a ramp and knock down a wall. Also in "Faking it" when Tony is guarding Franks and is outside Gibbs house I noticed a vertical line in the horizontal siding of the house. I am in construction and typically when you have horizontal siding you stagger the joints so you never see a continuous vertical line - This made me think that this may be a "knock out wall" to get his boats out.
28  out of 36 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
5. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 4 2011, 11:58 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2011, 11:58 PM EST
The first few he had he burnt them. I think its only been the Kelly and maybe the model kit one that has ever left the basement. 8  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    

Willow22
6. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 5 2011, 5:10 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2011, 5:10 AM EST
"The first few he had he burnt them. I think its only been the Kelly and maybe the model kit one that has ever left the basement."
You can't burn something that big in your basement without setting your house on fire. . .so if he burned them he still would have had to get them out of the basement. So the mystery continues!
11  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
7. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 5 2011, 11:08 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2011, 11:08 AM EST
Well its what Gibbs said he did, so I don't know. I think its meant to be mystery. The writers probably don't know themselves either at this point...lol.. 13  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    

Willow22
8. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 5 2011, 1:48 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2011, 1:48 PM EST
Unless he cut them up and put the wood in the fireplace. But burning painted or varnished wood indoors is iffy, too.

If I were going to burn a boat, I'd want to set it afloat burning on a lake. That would be cool.
5  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
9. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 5 2011, 6:53 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2011, 6:53 PM EST
Its not really established if he even got them completed enough to be sea worthy. Nice idea though. 5  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
10. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 5 2011, 10:51 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2011, 10:51 PM EST
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the writer's weren't saving this tidbit for a later date. 5  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
11. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 5 2011, 10:58 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2011, 10:58 PM EST
I hope its at the end of ncis...many years from now... because it would spoil the mystery to know now...to me anyway. 11  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    
retiredinlavernia
retiredinlavernia
12. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 6 2011, 12:52 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2011, 12:52 AM EST
"I hope its at the end of ncis...many years from now... because it would spoil the mystery to know now...to me anyway."
Agreed - Now that I think about it has been a long time since Gibbs has had a boat in his basement has it not - We saw Franks cofffin in a few shows (speaking of that has Franks complete letter to Gibbs ever been shown anywhere) and then the screen door in one show. I hope the writers are not going to leave this story line that has been mentioned so many times unaddressed. Maybe they are keeping it for the final show 10 years from now!!
6  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
13. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 6 2011, 1:09 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2011, 1:09 AM EST
I think the writers like to keep some things back for future use, plus the fact it helps keep our attention turned on to the series. 9  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
JamesTempleton
JamesTempleton
14. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Aug 15 2012, 1:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 15 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
I agree got to be a removable wall. 8  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    

tonkatl
15. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Oct 18 2012, 6:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 18 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
In one of the episodes (Sn 7 ep6 Outlaws and inlaws)Gibbs gives one of the boats to Mike Franks one of them for his grand-daughter .Which abby later cuts up.So somehow he does get them out of the basement. 6  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    

jojojopo
16. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 12 2012, 6:45 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 12 2012, 6:45 PM EST
I think he tears out the floor and lowers it into a storm sewer. 3  out of 19 found this valuable. Do you?    

packman13
17. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Dec 15 2012, 11:12 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 15 2012, 11:12 AM EST
He puts them in little bottles. Hey, its Gibbs.... 7  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    

djspike2469
18. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Apr 4 2013, 12:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 4 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
I HAVE THE ANSWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS VERY SIMPLE, BUT NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION TO THE SET
aka ( THE BASEMENT )
LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE STAIRS, THEN THE WALL WITH THE SINGLE WINDOW, OUTLINED WITH THE WOOD BOARDER.
****** THAT WALL COMES OUT, 1ST HE REMOVES SOIL OUTSIDE
THEN THE WALL, THEN THE BOAT...... INSTALLS A NEW CONCRETE WALL,
FILLS THE SOIL BACK IN....... PROBLEM SOLVED *********
to everyone who has tried to figure this out, ... have broken rule #6
cuz ur all SORRY
Gibbs, Elivs and Spike have left the bulding (with boat in tow) HA, HA, wok-a wok-a
4  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    

robthebank1
19. RE: How does Gibbs get that boat out of his basement?
Feb 28 2014, 3:11 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2014, 3:11 PM EST
rule #6 is never say you're sorry not to never be sorry

also it is the knock out wall just like the man who built a lamborgini in his basement
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)