Discussion: gibbs carReported This is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts
phoco4
phoco4
gibbs car
Aug 18 2009, 2:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2009, 2:46 PM EDT
what type of car does gibbs own? in one episode they keep asking him if he had a volkswagon bug...

Like Ted Bundy, he played ted bundy. I wonder if that was a inside joke? Dinozzo always quoting things like this.
Do you find this valuable?    
gsr4ever13
gsr4ever13
1. RE: gibbs car
Aug 18 2009, 2:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2009, 2:55 PM EDT
"what type of car does gibbs own? in one episode they keep asking him if he had a volkswagon bug...

Like <yoono-highlight onmouseout="___yoonoLink.onYoonoOut(this)" onmouseover="___yoonoLink.onYoonoOver(event,this)" onclick="___yoonoLink.onYoonoClick(this)" keywords="Ted Bundy" class="yoono-link-hover yoono-link-active-link">Ted Bundy</yoono-highlight>, he played ted bundy. I wonder if that was a inside joke? Dinozzo always quoting things like this."
He has two cars if I remember an awesome 60's yellow camaro, and a pick up truck
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
MargyW
MargyW
2. RE: gibbs car
Aug 18 2009, 3:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2009, 3:01 PM EDT
"He has two cars if I remember an awesome 60's yellow camaro, and a pick up truck"
Not a 60's camaro. It's a 70's Dodge Charger Hemi.

Phoco4, you could be right about the Ted Bundy reference being an injoke. The writers did in once in season 4 with the episode "Smoked".

The volkswagon reference comes from a transposition of numbers in a car for sale advert, accidently resulting in Gibbs' cellphone number being printed in the advert.
MargyW
MargyW
3. RE: gibbs car
Aug 18 2009, 3:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2009, 3:03 PM EDT
Correction. Dodge Challenger Hemi....a 1971. There are photos off the cars from NCIS on this page.

http://cbsncis.wetpaint.com/page/Cars+in+NCIS
13  out of 19 found this valuable. Do you?    
phoco4
phoco4
4. RE: gibbs car
Aug 19 2009, 1:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 19 2009, 1:43 PM EDT
"Not a 60's camaro. It's a 70's Dodge Charger Hemi.

Phoco4, you could be right about the Ted Bundy reference being an injoke. The writers did in once in season 4 with the episode "Smoked".

The volkswagon reference comes from a transposition of numbers in a car for sale advert, accidently resulting in Gibbs' cellphone number being printed in the advert."
dinozzo! I go around slapping my hubby on the back of his head like gibbs... who started that Mcgee or gibbs?
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
MargyW
MargyW
5. RE: gibbs car
Aug 19 2009, 1:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 19 2009, 1:46 PM EDT
"dinozzo! I go around slapping my hubby on the back of his head like gibbs... who started that Mcgee or gibbs?"
Gibbs. Early in season 1. It actually started because Michael was goofing around on set. Mark was annoyed with him and whacked him one. Donald Bellasario liked it so it remained.
phoco4
phoco4
6. RE: gibbs car
Aug 19 2009, 2:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 19 2009, 2:58 PM EDT
cool thanks for sharing that info!! this show just keeps getting better and better. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)