Discussion: What is Caf Pow made from?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 59  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next
CatherineYetive
CatherineYetive
What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 1 2009, 6:04 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 6:04 PM EST
it looks like a slushy sort of substance, and red-orange in color. I think if I had to assume what it tastes like, i'd say gatorade. but is there any info actually floating around on the internet about this fictional drink? =] 28  out of 59 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Caf-Pow!
MargyW
MargyW
1. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 1 2009, 6:08 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 6:08 PM EST
"it looks like a slushy sort of substance, and red-orange in color. I think if I had to assume what it tastes like, i'd say gatorade. but is there any info actually floating around on the internet about this fictional drink? =]"
Apparently the actual drink in the Caf-Pow container is Hawaiian Punch. Pauley is fond of it.
24  out of 40 found this valuable. Do you?    
CatherineYetive
CatherineYetive
2. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 1 2009, 6:13 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 6:13 PM EST
I like hawaiin punch. Apparently Gibbs doesn't though. in one episode he tastes the Caf Pow and spits it back into the cup! I bet it's a shocking taste after years of bourbon and black coffee though! lol. what episode was that? 16  out of 33 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
3. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 1 2009, 10:23 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 10:23 PM EST
On the Pauley Perrette Fan Wiki we're looking for "Caff-Pow" recipes - we've spelt it with "double F" just in case some bright spark's already patented the name. Here's the link: http://pauleyperrettefanwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Pauley+Perrette+Fans%27+Caff-Pow+Recipes
Cassierules has invented the first 2 recipes, which she says taste OK and don't upset your stomach (she tested them first before uploading) - I must say the "Vampire Bite" one sounds rather nice
14  out of 29 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
4. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 1 2009, 11:07 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 11:07 PM EST
I can buy a really nice mango, apricot, passionfruit and orange slurpie (thick icy) drink over here. Its great on a really hot day. 10  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    
CatherineYetive
CatherineYetive
5. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 2 2009, 11:20 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2009, 11:20 AM EST
I love slurpies, myself. the convenience store close to my house sells crazy flavors {bubblegum, cotton candy, banana, watermelon, etc.} But i would love if Caff pow were a real drink. and thanks sorgina, i'll check that out! =] 4  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
6. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 2 2009, 12:57 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2009, 12:57 PM EST
"On the Pauley Perrette Fan Wiki we're looking for "Caff-Pow" recipes - we've spelt it with "double F" just in case some bright spark's already patented the name. Here's the link: http://pauleyperrettefanwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Pauley+Perrette+Fans%27+Caff-Pow+Recipes
Cassierules has invented the first 2 recipes, which she says taste OK and don't upset your stomach (she tested them first before uploading) - I must say the "Vampire Bite" one sounds rather nice"
Has that got anything to do with what your name means Sorgina..lol
3  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
7. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 2 2009, 1:20 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2009, 1:20 PM EST
"Has that got anything to do with what your name means Sorgina..lol"
Nope! I'm a nice little witch I am, I only bit the dog's muzzle :-)
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
the_sandman
the_sandman
8. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 7 2009, 4:39 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2009, 4:39 AM EST
I had always assumed that it was just Coca-Cola, and that.CafPow merely meant caffeine power. Most of the messages that I see here exclude caffeine. 2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
9. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 7 2009, 6:41 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2009, 6:41 AM EST
"I had always assumed that it was just Coca-Cola, and that.CafPow merely meant caffeine power. Most of the messages that I see here exclude caffeine."
Well, this is just a "fictional" drink that Abby drinks by the gallons on NCIS. It's loaded with caffeine, and is very much like the "slushies" we can buy here in the states, but without all that caffeine *grinning*. At any rate, without her caffeine, Abby struggles to keep up with her hectic pace in the lab. When she goes to a party, she downs about 18 Redbulls...again, the more octane the better for Abby.
2  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
SilverStar48
SilverStar48
10. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 7 2009, 6:50 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2009, 6:50 AM EST
Well, I have a question ... in the episode about "once a hero always a hero", Abby has to take a hair sample to Marty. This is the first time they meet at the medical conference and he has the nano level electron microscope that she needs for the test. Anyway, she talks about her Caff-Pow as having been made from coffee beans. It makes so sense because it is red (Hawaiian Punch), so how can it be coffee based? I don't drink coffee, so I need help here! Anybody? 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
11. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 7 2009, 7:01 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2009, 7:01 AM EST
"Well, I have a question ... in the episode about "once a hero always a hero", Abby has to take a hair sample to Marty. This is the first time they meet at the medical conference and he has the nano level electron microscope that she needs for the test. Anyway, she talks about her Caff-Pow as having been made from coffee beans. It makes so sense because it is red (Hawaiian Punch), so how can it be coffee based? I don't drink coffee, so I need help here! Anybody?"
You are confusing what Abby, the character is drinking with what Pauley, the actor is drinking. They are not related in any way. Pauley favors the Hawaiian Punch substitute on the set, but when we see her drinking it on NCIS, it's supposedly loaded with caffeine. Hope this explanation helps.
3  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
SilverStar48
SilverStar48
12. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 7 2009, 7:08 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2009, 7:08 AM EST
Thanks, but it is sort of hard not to notice the red color in the caffeine/coffee! *grins* 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
13. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 7 2009, 7:13 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2009, 7:13 AM EST
"Thanks, but it is sort of hard not to notice the red color in the caffeine/coffee! *grins*"
Yes, the "color" of the drink is red. I don't think anyone really knows what Caf-pow is make of, or how much caffeine is supposed to be in it. It's purely a fictional drink, regardless of it's color.
3  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
the_sandman
the_sandman
14. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 11 2009, 9:46 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2009, 9:46 AM EST
"Well, I have a question ... in the episode about "once a hero always a hero", Abby has to take a hair sample to Marty. This is the first time they meet at the medical conference and he has the nano level electron microscope that she needs for the test. Anyway, she talks about her Caff-Pow as having been made from coffee beans. It makes so sense because it is red (Hawaiian Punch), so how can it be coffee based? I don't drink coffee, so I need help here! Anybody?"
Unroasted coffee beans ARE bright red, like apples. The raw beans contain caffeine, and roasting does not remove it.
I'm not saying that CafPow is made from raw coffee beans, just that there are various ways of extracting caffeine from beans, or whatever else. CocaCola and Dr. Pepper also contain caffeine, and they are artificially coloured; so why not CafPow?
6  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
15. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 11 2009, 10:26 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2009, 10:26 AM EST
I'm assuming that the caf...means caffeine...and the pow...means its got a bite to it. I thought I saw Gibbs taste it once and he grimmaced.? 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
16. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 11 2009, 10:45 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2009, 10:45 AM EST
"I'm assuming that the caf...means caffeine...and the pow...means its got a bite to it. I thought I saw Gibbs taste it once and he grimmaced.? "
Yeah, he sure did grimmace! He has even spat it out on occasion. He hates any kind of a "sweet drink", and Abby's Caf-Pow is sweet, even though it's supposedly loaded with caffeine.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
17. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 11 2009, 11:25 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2009, 11:25 AM EST
"Yeah, he sure did grimmace! He has even spat it out on occasion. He hates any kind of a "sweet drink", and Abby's Caf-Pow is sweet, even though it's supposedly loaded with caffeine."
Maybe it has a lot of sugar added. I have friends who drink tea and coffee and they put 2 heaped teaspoons of sugar in it. Kills the taste of the beaverage a little bit to much to my taste. I put more milk in my coffee and a dash of sugar so as to just take the edge of the coffee depending how strong it is.
1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
18. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 11 2009, 11:33 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2009, 11:33 AM EST
"Maybe it has a lot of sugar added. I have friends who drink tea and coffee and they put 2 heaped teaspoons of sugar in it. Kills the taste of the beaverage a little bit to much to my taste. I put more milk in my coffee and a dash of sugar so as to just take the edge of the coffee depending how strong it is."
The "slushies" that Abby drinks are a sweet soft drink, maybe blended with ice, but hers is supposedly loaded with caffeine. It's just a fictional drink anyway *smiling*.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
19. RE: What is Caf Pow made from?
Feb 11 2009, 12:46 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2009, 12:46 PM EST
I wonder if you can actually buy a cup with caff pow written on it. Perhaps they are fictional too. *smiling* 2  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)