Discussion: What type of Knife does Ziva use?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
UZI4YOU
UZI4YOU
What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Jan 25 2009, 6:35 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 25 2009, 6:35 PM EST
When Tony and Ziva are opeing the package on Mcgree desk at start of Broken Bird, what type of knife is that? Its HUGE, bigger than ziva head!! Anyone knows what type of knife that is? 8  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: knife ziva
UZI4YOU
UZI4YOU
1. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Jan 26 2009, 4:13 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 26 2009, 4:13 AM EST
"When Tony and Ziva are opeing the package on Mcgree desk at start of Broken Bird, what type of knife is that? Its HUGE, bigger than ziva head!! Anyone knows what type of knife that is?"
Anyone rembering seeing that knife beofre? I mean she used several different type of throwing and stiello type knives before. But I never saw a spring loaded one like that.
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
2. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Jan 26 2009, 6:47 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 26 2009, 6:47 AM EST
"Anyone rembering seeing that knife beofre? I mean she used several different type of throwing and stiello type knives before. But I never saw a spring loaded one like that. "
Ziva always used to carry her knife at her waist, under her belt. But, I think that she has started to use the "spring loaded" type of knife that Gibbs has always used, which she now carries in a pocket in her cargo pants. It's hard to say whether these knives are "government issue"...they probably are, but they can also be purchased at any sporting goods store. A license to carry one is required, as it would be considered to be a "concealed weapon" in most US states, anyway.
3  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
UZI4YOU
UZI4YOU
3. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Jan 26 2009, 5:42 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 26 2009, 5:42 PM EST
"Ziva always used to carry her knife at her waist, under her belt. But, I think that she has started to use the "spring loaded" type of knife that Gibbs has always used, which she now carries in a pocket in her cargo pants. It's hard to say whether these knives are "government issue"...they probably are, but they can also be purchased at any sporting goods store. A license to carry one is required, as it would be considered to be a "concealed weapon" in most US states, anyway."
That NOT standard issue USG property for sure. And no where can a civillian can buy a spring loaded knife. That police/military ONLY.
2  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

ronfaircloth
4. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Sep 6 2009, 2:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 6 2009, 2:14 PM EDT
Along those same lines, what knife did Gibbs pull when he was fighting Sharif in the train station men's room in eposide, SHARIF RETURNS? It first aired on 1/23/07. It looked like a Gerber Emerson Alliance automatic. It snapped open like an auto and I couldn't seen a thumb stud or a flipper. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
hicksi
hicksi
5. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Sep 6 2009, 3:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 6 2009, 3:32 PM EDT
Anyone who has seen Crocodile Dundee will get this..

"That's not a knife"
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Paal0303
6. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Apr 27 2010, 6:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 27 2010, 6:11 AM EDT
"When Tony and Ziva are opeing the package on Mcgree desk at start of Broken Bird, what type of knife is that? Its HUGE, bigger than ziva head!! Anyone knows what type of knife that is?"
Ziva used a MOD CQD Auto Mark 1, and the other knife is a cold steel tanto, i have no idea of the third one.
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Paal0303
7. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Apr 27 2010, 6:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 27 2010, 6:13 AM EDT
Oh, there is also a newer one, MOD CQD Auto Mark 2, (but she uses the first) 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

jim825497
8. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Feb 25 2011, 5:15 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 21 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
It's gibbs who carries a Zero Tolerance Ranger Green Folder 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

JoseM.Rivera
9. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Aug 14 2011, 2:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 14 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
Definitely it is a cold Steel Tanto knife, just go to this video and you will know why Mossad Agents use this type of knife.

http://youtu.be/-auenQ2ywvk

Sorry for the commercial, but this is a KNIFE.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
coreymitchell23
coreymitchell23
10. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
Dec 14 2011, 6:34 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 14 2011, 6:34 AM EST
the knive that she uses is a " blackhawk CQD mark 1 type E" i'm almost positive about that. i've searched through alot of different knife companies and i'm 99% sure that the knife i mentioned is it. i brought one after i found it and it operates the same way it does in the show and the knive is the best one i have ever owned. i've had gerbers, kershaw's, s.o.g.'s and countless other knives but the blackhawk CQD Mark 1 type E is the best by far. but my s.o.g. is a very close second. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Hrsepwer
11. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
May 15 2013, 3:55 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
"That NOT standard issue USG property for sure. And no where can a civillian can buy a spring loaded knife. That police/military ONLY. "
Nonsense. I can buy spring assist anywhere and auto over the net.
Do you find this valuable?    

Hrsepwer
12. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
May 15 2013, 4:00 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Might be this one.
http://astore.amazon.com/ncisknife-20/detail/B0034JR4EO
Do you find this valuable?    

Hrsepwer
13. RE: What type of Knife does Ziva use?
May 15 2013, 4:06 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
Jose is right. It's the Cold Steel Tanto. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)