Discussion: Weapon Ziva firesReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts
Ydnam96
Ydnam96
Weapon Ziva fires
Dec 31 2008, 3:53 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 3:53 PM EST
I'm not a gun expert- so I have a question about the gun Ziva fires and kills Andy with. Isn't it a revolver? Could she have really fired that quickly in succession with it? I didn't think that revolvers were semiautomatic. Wouldn't she have had to cock (is that the word) the gun each time she fired?

Just curious
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: guns recoil Ziva
mariah4568
mariah4568
1. RE: Weapon Ziva fires
Jan 1 2009, 12:37 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 12:37 PM EST
"I'm not a gun expert- so I have a question about the gun Ziva fires and kills Andy with. Isn't it a revolver? Could she have really fired that quickly in succession with it? I didn't think that revolvers were semiautomatic. Wouldn't she have had to cock (is that the word) the gun each time she fired?

Just curious"
Hi! I'm not an expert, but i know that the revolver was Andy's, and while you get bullets in the gun and you shoot every time you want you'll get a shot as fast as you can. It isn't an semiautomatic weapon, but if you are used to it you can soot fast, but you have to push the trigger(?) every time. Hope it helps.
Do you find this valuable?    
MedoraCowgirl
MedoraCowgirl
2. RE: Weapon Ziva fires
Jan 1 2009, 12:49 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 12:49 PM EST
I can't remember the name of the gun she fires... I've seen it before. You don't have to cock most revolvers anymore. The trigger is pulled back halfway, basically cocking it. My revolver does this as does my pa's. This was put into effect about ten years ago he says.

NCIS_Profiler
3. RE: Weapon Ziva fires
Jan 1 2009, 1:58 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 1:58 PM EST
SIG SAUER M11 pistol is what NCIS has been useing in real life so I am sure the show add's them for effect 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

NCIS_Profiler
4. RE: Weapon Ziva fires
Jan 1 2009, 2:04 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 2:04 PM EST
after a lot of searching I found Ziva's gun SIG-Sauer P228 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

NCIS_Profiler
5. RE: Weapon Ziva fires
Jan 1 2009, 2:06 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 2:06 PM EST
http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/model/228/228.htm thats it 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
MedoraCowgirl
MedoraCowgirl
6. RE: Weapon Ziva fires
Jan 2 2009, 7:13 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 2 2009, 7:13 AM EST
I'm not doubting you at all but I don't think that was the true gun. I pulled the frame and compared and found that the gun was not standard issue NCIS. the SIG is an amazing gun though. Do you find this valuable?    
Ydnam96
Ydnam96
7. RE: Weapon Ziva fires
Jan 2 2009, 5:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 2 2009, 5:36 PM EST
"I'm not doubting you at all but I don't think that was the true gun. I pulled the frame and compared and found that the gun was not standard issue NCIS. the SIG is an amazing gun though. "
You're right, the gun she fired was the guy's gun. Since she was undercover she didn't have her weapon.
Thanks everybody!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)