Discussion: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as wellReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time

casecracker
Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 9 2008, 7:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 9 2008, 7:04 PM EDT
I couldn't remember who Mark married (I'm stupid!) of course, it was Pam Dawber from Mork and Mindy! I'm sure you diehard fans already know , but I found this in a site:

Offscreen, the non-controversial actor enjoyed a low-profile personal life and long marriage to actress Pam Dawber, only surfacing in gossip pages in 1996 after saving the lives of two car accident victims trapped in a burning vehicle near his home.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: mark
MargyW
MargyW
1. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 9 2008, 7:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 9 2008, 7:25 PM EDT
"I couldn't remember who Mark married (I'm stupid!) of course, it was Pam Dawber from Mork and Mindy! I'm sure you diehard fans already know , but I found this in a site:

Offscreen, the non-controversial actor enjoyed a low-profile personal life and long marriage to actress Pam Dawber, only surfacing in gossip pages in 1996 after saving the lives of two car accident victims trapped in a burning vehicle near his home.
"
It was brought up in an interview earlier this year... Mark was very embarrassed by the whole thing. Kept insisting that he wasn't a hero... and that if something had gone wrong and he'd been killed, he would have been remembered as that dumb idiot Harmon who left behind a widow and two small children to fend for themselves.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

casecracker
2. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 10 2008, 6:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 6:51 AM EDT
"It was brought up in an interview earlier this year... Mark was very embarrassed by the whole thing. Kept insisting that he wasn't a hero... and that if something had gone wrong and he'd been killed, he would have been remembered as that dumb idiot Harmon who left behind a widow and two small children to fend for themselves."
He is such a down to earth guy. He reminds me of Robert Redford a little. Redford was very low key and very humble. MH can save me out of a burning leaf pile if he wants, I'm not going to call him stupid...........
Appreciator
Appreciator
3. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 10 2008, 7:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 7:06 AM EDT
It was good of you to remind us about those "special" celebrities who are not noted for their good works... I do not read the magazines (using this word because I have another name for them), that constantly remark who is going into re-hab.. who's taking drugs etc.
Mark Harmon is on the list of actors of "do good and disappear" magazine.... I admire the Harmon's for the dedication to charities, helping their fellow man, or children..
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
4. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 10 2008, 10:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 10:09 AM EDT
"It was good of you to remind us about those "special" celebrities who are not noted for their good works... I do not read the magazines (using this word because I have another name for them), that constantly remark who is going into re-hab.. who's taking drugs etc.
Mark Harmon is on the list of actors of "do good and disappear" magazine.... I admire the Harmon's for the dedication to charities, helping their fellow man, or children.. "
Well said!

casecracker
5. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 10 2008, 2:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 2:14 PM EDT
"It was good of you to remind us about those "special" celebrities who are not noted for their good works... I do not read the magazines (using this word because I have another name for them), that constantly remark who is going into re-hab.. who's taking drugs etc.
Mark Harmon is on the list of actors of "do good and disappear" magazine.... I admire the Harmon's for the dedication to charities, helping their fellow man, or children.. "
I agree, I get tired of the celebrities that are spoiled brats and the magazines that pander to them. No, I'll take the real celebrities that are more down to earth and not into 'me'.
Do you find this valuable?    
Abbiefan1
Abbiefan1
6. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 10 2008, 2:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 2:29 PM EDT
Read about it here :www.tvguide.com/celebrities/mark-harmon/bio/164630 - 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Abbiefan1
Abbiefan1
7. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 10 2008, 2:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 2:32 PM EDT
"Read about it here :www.tvguide.com/celebrities/mark-harmon/bio/164630 -"
sorry, It did not work. Just Google Mark's heroics and you will find several references to it.
He used a sledge hammer to free two teenagers from a burning vehicle.
Do you find this valuable?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
8. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 10 2008, 3:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 3:26 PM EDT
"sorry, It did not work. Just Google Mark's heroics and you will find several references to it.
He used a sledge hammer to free two teenagers from a burning vehicle."
Good heavens! Modest or not, that kind of action deserves a citation of recognition from the city fathers, at the very least. It took quick thinking and a lot of courage.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Abbiefan1
Abbiefan1
9. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Oct 10 2008, 4:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 4:32 PM EDT
"Good heavens! Modest or not, that kind of action deserves a citation of recognition from the city fathers, at the very least. It took quick thinking and a lot of courage. "
There is a lot of Mark Harmon in Leroy Jethro Gibbs for sure.
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
10. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Dec 23 2008, 4:03 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2008, 4:03 AM EST
Yah but he doesn't like to be compared as a hero. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Abbiefan1
Abbiefan1
11. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Dec 23 2008, 4:38 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2008, 4:38 AM EST
"Yah but he doesn't like to be compared as a hero. "
Real heroes do not think that they are.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
cassierules
cassierules
12. RE: Mark Harmon is a hero in real life as well
Dec 23 2008, 8:31 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2008, 8:31 AM EST
Hey, that's great. I love how down to earth Mark is, especially the line about how he'd be remembered!Good to know that celebrities who aren't in it for publicity aren't all dead. Well actually, the whole cast of this show is kinda like that. They do a good job, get paid, use their celebrity to support good causes and stay out of the tabloids. Good on all of them! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)