Discussion: Mossad Fighting Style - Krav MagaReported This is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts
kairen_11
kairen_11
Mossad Fighting Style - Krav Maga
Aug 31 2008, 11:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 31 2008, 11:16 AM EDT
Krav Maga - The generic name in Hebrew means "close combat.". Fighting style used by Mossad Agents. Krav Maga generally assumes that the individual attacking will give no quarter; therefore, as a response the attacks and defenses are intended only for use in potentially lethal threat situations with the aim to neutralize and escape as rapidly and safely as possible

The guiding principles for those performing Krav Maga techniques are:

* Do not get hurt
* Quickly neutralise the attacker
* Quickly transition from defensive to offensive techniques
* Exploit the natural reflexes of the body
* Exploit all vulnerable points on the body
* Use any available objects as aids --- (explains the paperclip)

I just wanna share it.. and thus I am very very grateful that Officer Ziva David is fiction.
13  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: mossad
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
1. RE: Mossad Fighting Style - Krav Maga
Aug 31 2008, 12:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 31 2008, 12:33 PM EDT
"Krav Maga - The generic name in Hebrew means "close combat.". Fighting style used by Mossad Agents. Krav Maga generally assumes that the individual attacking will give no quarter; therefore, as a response the attacks and defenses are intended only for use in potentially lethal threat situations with the aim to neutralize and escape as rapidly and safely as possible

The guiding principles for those performing Krav Maga techniques are:

* Do not get hurt
* Quickly neutralise the attacker
* Quickly transition from defensive to offensive techniques
* Exploit the natural reflexes of the body
* Exploit all vulnerable points on the body
* Use any available objects as aids --- (explains the paperclip)

I just wanna share it.. and thus I am very very grateful that Officer Ziva David is fiction."
Thank you, Kairen. This is quite informative. I wonder though, if this isn't "Part 1", and "Part 2" offers instructions for how to kill. At least with Ziva, she also knows how to kill her opponent, quite rapidly and efficiently, perhaps because she is also a trained assassin. Is it that real Mossad agents never kill?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
NCISlover161
NCISlover161
2. RE: Mossad Fighting Style - Krav Maga
Sep 1 2008, 3:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2008, 3:52 AM EDT
Very James Bond...(couldn't resist sorry :D) 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Reigne
3. RE: Mossad Fighting Style - Krav Maga
Sep 1 2008, 12:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2008, 12:50 PM EDT
Wasn't Krav Maga used by assassins in World War II? I have seen it before, and it looks very fun... If you call swiping (fake) guns out of the opponent's hands fun.... 0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Berk62
Berk62
4. RE: Mossad Fighting Style - Krav Maga
Sep 1 2008, 12:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2008, 12:56 PM EDT
"Thank you, Kairen. This is quite informative. I wonder though, if this isn't "Part 1", and "Part 2" offers instructions for how to kill. At least with Ziva, she also knows how to kill her opponent, quite rapidly and efficiently, perhaps because she is also a trained assassin. Is it that real Mossad agents never kill?"
Yes they do and they are/used to be called kidoniem.

And I agree with Kairen 11 that Ziva David is fiction. B"H
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
MargyW
MargyW
5. RE: Mossad Fighting Style - Krav Maga
Sep 1 2008, 12:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2008, 12:59 PM EDT
"Thank you, Kairen. This is quite informative. I wonder though, if this isn't "Part 1", and "Part 2" offers instructions for how to kill. At least with Ziva, she also knows how to kill her opponent, quite rapidly and efficiently, perhaps because she is also a trained assassin. Is it that real Mossad agents never kill?"
All espionage agents will kill if necessary, but most take the informal creed from Shaolin. Only kill as a last resort. To easy to blow your own cover if you kill unnecessarily.
Do you find this valuable?    
ncis&abbyrock!!!!!
ncis&abbyrock!!!!!
6. RE: Mossad Fighting Style - Krav Maga
Mar 5 2009, 8:27 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 8:27 AM EST
That's cool! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)