Discussion: What do you think of DiNozzo?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 40 of 97  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
20. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
May 27 2008, 7:08 AM EDT | Post edited: May 27 2008, 7:08 AM EDT
"Can't stand him. The wrong person got killed. They could have killed both Jenny & DiNozzo. The women love him just because he is good looking. If they were going with a man who treated them like DiNozzo does they would dump him in a heart beat."
But that's the beauty of this character, not to mention the rest of the characters, that in real-life they'd all be pretty unbearable, yet as a part of fiction they're wonderful, each in their own way.
One has to remember that fiction on TV/films/theatre always exaggerate character traits to catch people's attention otherwise they'd all be rather insipid to watch week after week
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
#1hotchfan
#1hotchfan
21. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
May 27 2008, 8:03 AM EDT | Post edited: May 27 2008, 8:03 AM EDT
"But that's the beauty of this character, not to mention the rest of the characters, that in real-life they'd all be pretty unbearable, yet as a part of fiction they're wonderful, each in their own way.
One has to remember that fiction on TV/films/theatre always exaggerate character traits to catch people's attention otherwise they'd all be rather insipid to watch week after week"
Well said Sorgina! :)

Tony is good looking and charming, that's what draw the women in. And your right, women wouldn't tolerate the way DiNozzo treats them. That's why Katie always rejected him. However, as Sorgina points out, it's fiction, not real-life. That's what makes it fun to watch.
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
bluebird123
bluebird123
22. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
May 27 2008, 8:17 AM EDT | Post edited: May 27 2008, 8:17 AM EDT
so true. i started watching NCIS cuz i fell in love with tony's character. in real life i will most probably kick him but this is tv and fiction an di love him on ncis the way he is. 4  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
DiNozzoFan
DiNozzoFan
23. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
May 27 2008, 10:49 AM EDT | Post edited: May 27 2008, 10:49 AM EDT
"so true. i started watching NCIS cuz i fell in love with tony's character. in real life i will most probably kick him but this is tv and fiction an di love him on ncis the way he is."
same here bluebird! tony is the reason i started watching NCIS... he reminds me of myself: funny (sometimes annoying i'll admit) and never stops talking about movies or tv shows! he is like a male version of me! lol
if it wasnt for tony, i probably wouldnt even be watching the show! thats why im skeptical about season 6, if tony isnt in it, then im not watching it...
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
betterbuddy
betterbuddy
24. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Jul 15 2008, 4:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 15 2008, 4:43 PM EDT
I think DiNozzo is probably one of the most unique characters on television. MW does do an incredible job, too.

Although I love when he interacts with Gibbs the most, Tony has such good chemistry with everyone on the show. He definitely brings out some interesting reactions in the other characters as well. I would say he is responsible for the good humor of the show. He is a major factor as to why the team is more "family-like" then other similar shows. Tony is the big brother that taunts his siblings, runs the pranks, and the trouble maker son that always gets caught (head slaps).

He has a very unusual -- almost inaccurate --perception of himself. When he isn't hiding behind his childish humor or his jock persona, he is very smart, very skilled, sensitive, and heroic. Tony does like being the center of attention---whether it is negative or positve attention. His behavior could be seen as annoying or distasteful, but it could also be interpreted as something more complex.He does have a deeper more emotional side that seems to have surfaced more in seasons 4 & 5. And, his character has grown, especially during and after the La Grenouille assignment.
9  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
MargyW
MargyW
25. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Jul 15 2008, 4:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 15 2008, 4:50 PM EDT
I liked the strength of character shown during Internal Affairs. The interrogation with Fornell was one of the best scenes I have ever seen on NCIS. 6  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

popsbent
26. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Jul 16 2008, 3:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 16 2008, 3:14 AM EDT
"I liked the strength of character shown during Internal Affairs. The interrogation with Fornell was one of the best scenes I have ever seen on NCIS."
Can not stand him, but if you will notice most of the people who like him are women. If I was working with him and he ate my food or listened in on my phone calls I would kill him.
6  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    
NCISlover161
NCISlover161
27. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Jul 16 2008, 6:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 16 2008, 6:37 AM EDT
LOVIN DINOZZO....Yeh I agree with men who say they don't like him...he's just too charming! :D 0  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

popsbent
28. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Jul 16 2008, 8:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 16 2008, 8:04 AM EDT
"But that's the beauty of this character, not to mention the rest of the characters, that in real-life they'd all be pretty unbearable, yet as a part of fiction they're wonderful, each in their own way.
One has to remember that fiction on TV/films/theatre always exaggerate character traits to catch people's attention otherwise they'd all be rather insipid to watch week after week"
Sorgina, I agree with you in part, every character has to have some substance but pray tell me what the other characters do that can annoy you as much as DiNozzo? If you look back DiNozzo has never said anything nice about any of his co-workers except maybe Gibbs. He is all for himself and he thinks NCIS could not function without him.
3  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
29. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Jul 16 2008, 8:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 16 2008, 8:12 AM EDT
"Sorgina, I agree with you in part, every character has to have some substance but pray tell me what the other characters do that can annoy you as much as DiNozzo? If you look back DiNozzo has never said anything nice about any of his co-workers except maybe Gibbs. He is all for himself and he thinks NCIS could not function without him."
Actually Ziva can probably annoy me more than anyone else with her superior attitude and confusion of idioms, even as a part-time tutor of English as a foreign language this is common, but it still gets on my nerve.

Either way, I think all the characters are strategically designed to form a love+hate relationship with the audience. After all where would the fun if we all loved or hated the same characters? For a start we wouldn't be having these entertaining discussions
4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
HobbitKiller
HobbitKiller
30. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Jul 17 2008, 10:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2008, 10:05 PM EDT
I don't tend to use the term "love/hate" too often, and never when describing the characters on the show. I mean, yeah, they all annoy me on occasion for different reasons, but I don't hate any of them, and didn't hate any character from the past. I even like the villains. Do I think Tony acts like a pig on occasion, sure, but I am only mildly annoyed when he does, and someone usually sets him straight right away, so it's no big deal. 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
betterbuddy
betterbuddy
31. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 21 2008, 5:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2008, 5:55 PM EDT
"If you look back DiNozzo has never said anything nice about any of his co-workers except maybe Gibbs. He is all for himself and he thinks NCIS could not function without him."
DiNozzo doesn't deliver compliments--probably--because no one delivers them to him. He occasionally gets a "not bad" from Gibbs, if he even gets that. In the past, Gibbs has said and done just about everything to DiNozzo--between the head slaps/demeaning assignments/job termination threats/personal attacks. One could find them funny and appropriate, but they can also be seen as why DiNozzo acts the way he does. Back in 4.3 Single Out, Shepard was trying to tell Gibbs that DiNozzo did a good job as team leader, and Gibbs basically was taking the credit for the work DiNozzo did. "that is what I trained him to do." Right around that same time, Gibbs was blaming him for Ziva's problem (Shalom), and McGee called him a "temporary team leader" who couldn't rate his own team.

As a woman, I do find DiNozzo to be extremely sleazy and abnoxious, at times. (especially in season 2) But, if that is only how I perceived him, I would be missing what he is truly about. And, I am not blinded by MW because he is eye candy. Honestly, I find Orlando Bloom is my god at the moment.

DiNozzo's relationship with McGee is twisted as with Gibbs. McGee has basically called him a moron on countless occasions. He always chooses to tease DiNozzo when he is down. Such as in Frame-Up--how did McGee help at all and then he shows up with the hermonica to taunt him in his cell. He definitely did offer the support that DiNozzo did for him in Probie. McGee never visited DiNozzo, when he had the plague.

Now, I could call DiNozzo sleazy/obnoxious. I could call Gibbs a mongrol. I could say McGee is a socially-deprived, computer geek. And, I could say that Ziva is an emotionaless, killing machine. But, come on, after watching this many years of these characters, isn't there a little more to each of them.
6  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
Fieldagnt240
Fieldagnt240
32. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 21 2008, 9:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2008, 9:57 PM EDT
"Can't stand him. The wrong person got killed. They could have killed both Jenny & DiNozzo. The women love him just because he is good looking. If they were going with a man who treated them like DiNozzo does they would dump him in a heart beat."
I beg to differ. Best looking guy on the show is Mark Harmon. Tony is a great character because he is funny. Yes, he can be annoying and I probably wouldn't date him, but I would be happy to work with him. Killed exactly the right person, she was the only one we could do without. Bye Jenny, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

popsbent
33. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 22 2008, 4:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2008, 4:32 AM EDT
I agree that the program is for our enjoyment, but to constantly have a man berate a fellow team member on their clothes or how they speak our language is a little too much. He never has anything nice to say about anyone but wants respect from all of them. He is jealous of McGee because he is smarter in certain things. Let's face it he wants to be the top banana. He is rude, crude and obnoxious. 3  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
Crazy-Beetle
Crazy-Beetle
34. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 22 2008, 9:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2008, 9:56 AM EDT
Tony ? What's not to like about him ? He's hot as Hell, he's hilarious !! He's everything you wanna see in a guy :-) 0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
JGirl30
JGirl30
35. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 22 2008, 6:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2008, 6:15 PM EDT
I think he is the most yummy looking thing on this earth. He is sweet, caring and funny as hell 0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
JGirl30
JGirl30
36. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 22 2008, 6:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2008, 6:17 PM EDT
"In the german speaking part of Europe, we had the chance to watch the season 5 until 5x11. Now it seems, that Sat1.de doesn't have newer synchronized episodes anymore...
Veeeeery saaaaaad! I can't wait another 6 months or longer... :("
I really feel your pain. I couldnt do it
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Fieldagnt240
Fieldagnt240
37. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 22 2008, 8:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2008, 8:38 PM EDT
Funny thing is that they all like him. McGee handles how Tony treats him better than you seem to. I wonder if the people that hate the way Tony treats McGee were only children. If you grow up with brothers, you know how they love to tease. That is what Tony is doing but in TV world where it has to be a bit overdone. He is like a big brother, he will tease McGee and glue his fingers to his keyboard, but if anyone outside their little family were to mess with him, they better watch out. Ziva obviously likes Tony and sees beneath that frat boy exterior too! I really don't think he is the one-dimensional character that some people seem to think. That is why I think MW does such a great job, he makes us see that there is so much more to Tony than that. 4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
38. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 23 2008, 5:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 23 2008, 5:20 AM EDT
Say what you will about Tony. My one-word assessment of this "character" on NCIS was pure and simple for the first two seasons...YUCK! Then Tony started to change, yes, slowly at first, but changing none the less. By the end of Season 5, we have a whole new Tony. He's always going to be somewhat of a "clown" (and isn't this somehow a bit lovable?), but he certainly has matured a lot over the broad range of five entire seasons. For me, at least, there's no way that NCIS would work without Tony. He's not only "funny" now, he's also one fantastic field agent, with many sides to his nature that are no less than commendable. 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
NCISlover161
NCISlover161
39. RE: What do you think of DiNozzo?
Aug 23 2008, 8:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 23 2008, 8:14 AM EDT
"Say what you will about Tony. My one-word assessment of this "character" on NCIS was pure and simple for the first two seasons...YUCK! Then Tony started to change, yes, slowly at first, but changing none the less. By the end of Season 5, we have a whole new Tony. He's always going to be somewhat of a "clown" (and isn't this somehow a bit lovable?), but he certainly has matured a lot over the broad range of five entire seasons. For me, at least, there's no way that NCIS would work without Tony. He's not only "funny" now, he's also one fantastic field agent, with many sides to his nature that are no less than commendable."
I totally agree with you! But in the first two seasons I liked him and loved watching the character develop!
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)