Discussion: Ducky's MumReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
princessjoey630
princessjoey630
Ducky's Mum
Feb 4 2008, 7:20 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2008, 7:20 PM EST
I was watching NCIS on DVD this morning, and in the episode (can't remember! Season Two I think!) where Mrs Mallard comes in with Ducky ("You told me we were going for a ride!"), she heads over to the liquor cabinet in Autopsy.

Now, as you may know, when watching a movie with subtitles on, if a character says something but isn't visible at the time, it says their name.

Well, when Mrs Mallard said something (still can't remember!), the subtitle didn't say "Mrs Mallard".

It said "Victoria".

Her name is Victoria!

Did anyone else pick this up?
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
1. RE: Ducky's Mum
Feb 5 2008, 12:34 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2008, 12:34 AM EST
when Mrs Mallard spoke to Gibbs... to know if he was married ^^ hey grand mam mallard !! ^^ ptdrxxl 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
hoorooblue
hoorooblue
2. RE: Ducky's Mum
Jun 2 2008, 10:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 2 2008, 10:39 AM EDT
I cannot find any news of the actress who plays Ducky's mother on the web: I wondered if she fell ill, as surely she is too popular to have disappear from our screens? The actress playing her is rather elderly... Do you find this valuable?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
3. RE: Ducky's Mum
Jun 2 2008, 3:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 2 2008, 3:32 PM EDT
"I cannot find any news of the actress who plays Ducky's mother on the web: I wondered if she fell ill, as surely she is too popular to have disappear from our screens? The actress playing her is rather elderly..."
Nina Foch was born April 20,1924, and is still living. She is a drama teacher at USC, and is still acting. Hopefully, she will appear again on NCIS in Season 6.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SilverStar48
SilverStar48
4. RE: Ducky's Mum
Jun 2 2008, 4:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 2 2008, 4:13 PM EDT
"Nina Foch was born April 20,1924, and is still living. She is a drama teacher at USC, and is still acting. Hopefully, she will appear again on NCIS in Season 6."
OH! I'm so excited! MY birthday is April 20, 1948! I'm glad to know we share a birthday! I really like her and she is a VERY good actress! :-)
Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
5. RE: Ducky's Mum
Jun 2 2008, 6:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 2 2008, 6:00 PM EDT
"Nina Foch was born April 20,1924, and is still living. She is a drama teacher at USC, and is still acting. Hopefully, she will appear again on NCIS in Season 6."
*laughs* That's like Sean Connery playing Harrison Ford's father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.... not actually old enough to be playing the role.

Onward
6. RE: Ducky's Mum
Dec 9 2008, 4:04 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2008, 4:04 PM EST
"I cannot find any news of the actress who plays Ducky's mother on the web: I wondered if she fell ill, as surely she is too popular to have disappear from our screens? The actress playing her is rather elderly..."
I just read that Nina Foch died this past weekend after falling ill while teaching in LA.
blcpurl
blcpurl
7. RE: Ducky's Mum
Dec 9 2008, 6:13 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2008, 6:13 PM EST
I am so sad that Nina Foch died! She was SO FUNNY, I loved the episodes she was in!! Meat Puzzle was Fabulous with Tony the "Italian gigolo furniture mover". She will be missed! I always hoped she would come back to do another epi. Makes me wonder if the character will die as well? Do you find this valuable?    
Medical-examiner
Medical-examiner
8. RE: Ducky's Mum
Dec 29 2008, 7:08 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2008, 7:08 AM EST
Very sad she died. She was hilarious when she said she wanted some grandchildren and Abby had to hurry......... Do you find this valuable?    
jenny4jethro
jenny4jethro
9. RE: Ducky's Mum
Dec 29 2008, 7:12 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2008, 7:12 AM EST
Sadly, Nina Foch died the week before Christmas 2008, May she reside at the big star base in the heavens! she will be v ery much missed!
jenny4jethro
jenny4jethro
10. RE: Ducky's Mum
Dec 29 2008, 7:14 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2008, 7:14 AM EST
"I am so sad that Nina Foch died! She was SO FUNNY, I loved the episodes she was in!! Meat Puzzle was Fabulous with Tony the "Italian gigolo furniture mover". She will be missed! I always hoped she would come back to do another epi. Makes me wonder if the character will die as well?"
This episode was the first thing on TV that has REALLY frightened me since mentally getting into the movie Hannibal, I actually felt the real fear, terrifying... I can't think of a more horribal way to die, being exsanguinated

duckyshelper411
11. RE: Ducky's Mum
Jul 30 2011, 10:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 10:27 AM EDT
duckys mother on NCIS isn't died, she is just ill. but we all know she has to die now. you'll be missed mrs.foch! Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
12. RE: Ducky's Mum
Jul 30 2011, 12:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
"duckys mother on NCIS isn't died, she is just ill. but we all know she has to die now. you'll be missed mrs.foch!"
Regret to inform you but in one of the S7 episodes Ducky confirmed that his mother had died when Abby found him visiting his mother's grave. Unfortunately, I don't recall which episode it was now.
bellswebster
bellswebster
13. RE: Ducky's Mum
Jul 30 2011, 9:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The episode is Season 7 Episode 17 Double Identity. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)