Discussion: Bert the Farting HippoReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 23  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
MargyW
MargyW
Bert the Farting Hippo
Dec 18 2007, 1:29 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2007, 1:29 PM EST
Loved him the first time I saw him, and love the list of why the fans love him. Especially No. 9 - "That anyone can write a scene that gets Leroy Jethro Gibbs in the same room as a stuffed hippo that farts AND not jump the shark is a tribute to the sterling work of the writers on this show." :D

19  out of 23 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: bert farting hippo ncis

tamhayden
1. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 2 2008, 4:29 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 2 2008, 4:29 PM EST
Bert the hippo is actually a momma hippo from all plush.com. I spoke with them on the phone. The prop department came into them to get the first one. Then they came back and bought four more for an awards ceremony. They had stopped making them, but had to restart again due to people wanting Bert. It was the only one you can get that allows a self-inflating whoopee cushion to be put in the stomach. My husband did love it for Christmas though! 26  out of 28 found this valuable. Do you?    
MargyW
MargyW
2. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 3 2008, 1:07 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 3 2008, 1:07 PM EST
"Bert the hippo is actually a momma hippo from all plush.com. I spoke with them on the phone. The prop department came into them to get the first one. Then they came back and bought four more for an awards ceremony. They had stopped making them, but had to restart again due to people wanting Bert. It was the only one you can get that allows a self-inflating whoopee cushion to be put in the stomach. My husband did love it for Christmas though!"
I am guessing that they won't be easily available in Australia. My sister loves that hippo she keeps saying she wants one.
7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

tamhayden
3. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 4 2008, 8:11 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2008, 8:11 AM EST
You can order through http://www.allplush.com/storefront/StuffedAnimals/302.html.
Tammy
18  out of 24 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
4. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 4 2008, 12:11 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2008, 12:11 PM EST
hey Tammy do you if it's possible to buy it ... i am french so... can i buy it too? do they do the noise ?
so great!! i want one too^^
8  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
MargyW
MargyW
5. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 6 2008, 9:05 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2008, 9:05 AM EST
"You can order through http://www.allplush.com/storefront/StuffedAnimals/302.html.
Tammy"
Thank you. :)
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
6. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 7 2008, 2:57 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2008, 2:57 PM EST
but it is pssible to receive hippos in france ??? 4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

tamhayden
7. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 8 2008, 4:37 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2008, 4:37 PM EST
All I can say is try the website and see if they will mail it. Remember it is just a stuffed hippo. You will still need to buy
a self-inflating whoppie cushion and fix it.
5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
8. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 8 2008, 8:00 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2008, 8:00 PM EST
yep i know i have emailed to ask if it's possible to receive one in france... 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
9. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 17 2008, 8:03 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2008, 8:03 AM EST
ive opened again and emailed again the allpush to know if i can receive hippo in france and i don't understand the shipping methods... which one i have to choose in order to buy hippo and receive in here ( france) i need your help i am a poor french fan snif .....
but hey just found a (french) site to buy a kind of teh Abby' s vertebral white t shirt!!
http://www.indienboutique.fr/index2.php?LaPage=%2Fa%2529aaaEmo01.TEE%2BSHIRTS%2BMOULANTS_vetement.html

ive just buy it!!!

1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
judys66
judys66
10. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 20 2008, 2:12 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2008, 2:12 AM EST
If you use the drop down menu under shipping method, they have an option for international shipping! Of course, the shipping costs more than Bert, but I think it's worth it! 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
11. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 20 2008, 2:37 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2008, 2:37 AM EST
yep ive seen and they answered me.... and i just wait few days to buy it!!! yep it"s 64$^to receinve in france so it's about 42Euros but whatever ^^ i want hippo too ^^ 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
12. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 20 2008, 2:42 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2008, 2:42 AM EST
huge Harmonian kisses and hugs for given the link ^^^heu the expression " Harmonian kisses and hugs it's the code to thank, that my lovely Harmonian sister and Friend we created ... Have a look at this video we made!
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=D_sFT27gYfY
(my username on youtube is nathkst35 ^^)so huge Harmonian kisses and hugs for the link thanks to you i will receive hippo YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!
tenderly
nathalie v from france
1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
13. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 30 2008, 7:22 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2008, 7:22 AM EST
JUST BOUGHT IT... 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
judys66
judys66
14. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Jan 31 2008, 2:33 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2008, 2:33 AM EST
Big smiles!!! Haven't bought mine yet, but my birthday is wednesday and my boyfriend got a package from All Plush a few days ago.... Hmmmmmmm, we will see!! 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
nathfromfrance
nathfromfrance
15. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
Feb 6 2008, 4:18 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 4:18 AM EST
hey hello everybody and huge Harmonian squ'hugs!!!!! ive just received The mum' and baby hyppo !!!! yeah from allpush yeaaaaaaaaaah! they are quite brown but no matter !!! the same abby one yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a huge Harmonian kiss for you all
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Hatman34
Hatman34
16. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
May 26 2008, 2:42 AM EDT | Post edited: May 26 2008, 2:42 AM EDT
How do you put in the self inflating woopie cushian 7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
NCISgothsgirl<3
NCISgothsgirl<3
17. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
May 26 2008, 6:28 AM EDT | Post edited: May 26 2008, 6:28 AM EDT
"You can order through http://www.allplush.com/storefront/StuffedAnimals/302.html.
Tammy"
I tryed to, but they said that you can only order it in the states, they wouldnt take my transaction
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
hoorooblue
hoorooblue
18. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
May 26 2008, 8:47 AM EDT | Post edited: May 26 2008, 8:47 AM EDT
"I tryed to, but they said that you can only order it in the states, they wouldnt take my transaction"
I have written an email to the marketing people at San Francisco Zoo, whose giftshop sold the real Bert to the props buyer for NCIS (they tell you this when they send you a script, as it must be a standard question). The real Bert has no sound effect, hence your need for the whoopee cushion. I pointed out to the zoo that there is a fanbase that they might tap into...especially if they are willing to sell by mail order to overseas. Fingers crossed, Gothgirl... I will report if and when I get a reply, but am not holding my breath. Their website makes no mention of being the source of Bert to NCIS...they do not appreciate their role in NCIS fan history! (I write with tongue firmly in cheek, here).
H
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
NCIS_Junkie
NCIS_Junkie
19. RE: Bert the Farting Hippo
May 30 2008, 2:52 AM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2008, 2:52 AM EDT
Tammy"
They are on backorder until August. <sigh>.....MUST....HAVE....FLATULENT....HIPPOPOTAMUS....ere...I....die....<sigh>
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)