Thomas Morrow is played by Alan Dale
Occupation/Title: Homeland Senior Division Chief (Season 10)
Director of NCIS (At least Season 1 until end of Season 2)
Deputy Director of Homeland Security (Season 3 to Unknown)
| Season 1:|
- In "Yankee White", he defended Gibbs when he 'stole' the body of a Naval Officer on Air Force One. He also turned the case over to the FBI when he believed it to be a well organised terrorist attack, something Gibbs would not have probably done.
- In "Seadog", he was disappointed that the FBI did not give them access to a world-wide terrorist database, but managed to get the database in the end.
- In "Marine Down", Gibbs asked for the Director's help in tracking down an inter-agency helping in covering up two Marine's deaths.
- In "Enigma", he asked Gibbs to look for his former CO when he allegedly stole money in Iraq. He was probably assigned this by the FBI.
- In "Bete Noire", he was on hand when Ari Haswari infiltrated NCIS Autopsy.
| Season 2:|
- In "Twilight", he assigned a protection detail for Gibbs when his life was threatened while ordering him not to go after Ari Haswari.
| Season 3:|
- Appeared early in "Kill Ari (Part 1)" to announce that he was accepting a position as Deputy Director of Homeland Security. He did however tell Gibbs that he believed Ari was the sniper that shot Kate and he had endorsed Gibbs' request to give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Kate. He was replaced by Jenny Shepard.
| Season 10:|
- He didn't have a big role in the series but he stepped in when "inter-agency turf wars" were going on and was referenced on multiple occasions.There wasn't much interaction between Gibbs and Morrow, merely perfunctory unlike with Shepard. His appearances were short with little dialogue. We never knew whether he had a secretary or not, so we don't know how long Cynthia's been working at NCIS either.
- Director Morrow was written out of NCIS in the same plot line which Special Agent Todd was killed, Officer David was hired, and Director Shepard was written in. After Special Agent Todd's death, Gibbs was instructed to keep away from Ari Haswari, who he suspected in the murder of Todd. Gibbs sits down in MTAC next to Morrow after Todd was killed, among many others involved in a special operation. Morrow instructs Gibbs to stay away from Ari, and Gibbs is clearly defiant. Morrow then states that Gibbs isn't his problem any more, because he accepted a Deputy Director's position with the Department of Homeland Security. He looks at Gibbs and Gibbs thinks briefly that he will be the new director and denies it. Morrow laughs and then says "I wouldn't shoot NCIS in the foot." and then says "He's your problem now Director!" Then, Jenny turns around, and Morrow exits.
UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTER QUOTES
- "Ice Queen" (JAG pilot)
- "Meltdown" (JAG pilot)
- "Yankee White" (Season 1, Episode 1)
- "Seadog" (Season 1, Episode 3)
- "Marine Down" (Season 1, Episode 9)
- "Enigma" (Season 1, Episode 15)
- "Bete Noire" (Season 1, Episode 16)
- "Twilight" (Season 2, Episode 23)
- "Kill Ari (Part 1)" (Season 3, Episode 1)
- "Chasing Ghosts" (Season 10, Episode 20)
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || More Photos of: Thomas Morrow ►|
◄ Go back: NCIS Characters