Sign in or
Signs of Serious NCIS Addiction - Page 4
You know you are seriously addicted to NCIS when (cont...) :
Previous || Next
- When you want to keep adding pages here with new and more obsessive signs of serious addiction.
- When you've just watched your DVDs of Season One for the forty-eleventh time and STILL find things you didn't see before.
- You learnt 24-hour time so you could understand it on the show even when other people don't know what it means.
- You want spy-glasses like Ziva's.
- You have a playlist of ever song you could find that was on NCIS.
- You want to eat steak au poivre, Klowny Kakes, weird-looking take-out, several small bowls of interesting flavoured ice-cream, and a tofu-veggie wrap just so you can spit it out.
- You let everyone you know that you hate peas and nougat.
- You have an addiction to Hawaiian Punch.
- You start saying 'MOAS'.
- You watched the movie Air Force Once to compare it to the pilot episode of NCIS.
- You know how to say 'bomb' in German.
- You want your friends to help you build a catapult so you can launch yourself off it wearing rollerblades.
- You secretly want to buy a bottle of JLo Glow.
- You look everywhere for a ladybug toothbrush.
- You carry a taser gun, a safety whistle, brass knuckles and pepper spray with you everywhere you go.
- You have jars of lollies at your computer desk.
- You want an American Pie coffee mug, or better yet, an enormous coffee mug like what McGee had in 'Tribes'.
- You start getting up at 5 in the morning to go for a run wearing a fluro orange beanie or a bright yellow windbreaker, and you swear it's only so cars will notice you.
- You stay up all night writing these things on your phone and every time you shut your eyes you think of another one and have to keep adding to it and then when you finally fall asleep you dream about NCIS.
- You dance around with your iPod whilst secretly pretending you're your favourite character.
- The entire cast is in your "Who I'd Like To Meet" section on your MySpace.
- You make a time capsule in an old lunchbox and bury it in your backyard.
- You want to buy the same brands of technology that they use.
- You start using the words FUBAR and SNAFU.
- You want a pet corn snake.
- You start wearing dog tags and you want to be buried with them stuck between your teeth.
- You become obsessed with black and red roses.
- You think it would be a good idea to heat up your coffee by sticking a molten hot iron bar into it.
- You keep little juice boxes in your bedroom to share when your friend comes over and you pretend to clink them.
- You act out the scene from SWAK when Tony opens the envelope full of plague.
- You and your friend sat in the corner of an elevator hugging like like Gibbs and Abby.
- You love to say 'per se'.
- You become fascinated with those little rhinestone thingies and make sure you have some on hand in case you ever get abducted and need to leave a trail.
- You got into Pulp Fiction because NCIS mentioned it at least three times.
- You have the utmost respect for little people.
- You dance with your dog to 'The Dog Song'.
- When you are angry, you aren't just angry, you are in full scene mode!
- You are adamant that you need hypnotism in order to get rid of your fear of going to the dentist.
- You know countless interrogation techniques and are just dying to get a chance to use them.
- You have a stress-ball that looks like Earth.
- Marilyn Monroe suddenly becomes your favourite old-time glamour icon.
- You change the name of your recharge service on your mobile phone so it says "NCIS" so when you call to check how much credit you have it says "Calling... NCIS."
- If you see two girls fighting you yell "chick fight!" and rush to record it with your phone to show people later.
- You have an NCIS quote for pretty much everything.
- You get annoyed with windows that don't open.
- You do headstands at work to increase the blood flow to your brain.
- You have a grudge against Rudolf Martin... unless you didn't like Kate.
- You start food fights with peanuts and carrot sticks.
- You want to try driving with your feet from the back seat.
- You give the people you love tackle-hugs.
- You want someone you know to get poison ivy so you can say "Leaves of three, let them be ______" (hope that their name rhymes with McGee).
- You want to buy the same clothes your favourite character wears.
- You want to buy the same furniture they use on the sets.
- You call your birth control pills strawberry Starbursts.
- You compile a list of the worst ways to die, such as falling into a wood chipper, drowning in lava, and being eaten by a shark.
- You sometimes do random cartwheels for no reason.
- You want a black lace parasol... and a Hearse... and a Hot Rod.
- You want to learn how to play beer pong and bar tend like Abby in 'Cover Story'.
- You use random Spanish words like "siesta" and "cantina" and also some random Hebrew words.
- You know all the actors who have played the character of James Bond.
- You wisely inform people that fibreglass is not good for cars nor boats.
- Moustaches, car washes and those robotic vacuum cleaners amuse you.
- You stick post-it notes on people.
- You think it's cool to wear latex gloves.
- When something of yours goes missing, you set up a crime scene and interrogate all of your family/friends/co-workers.
- You try to anticipate.
- You trick people into confessing things to you that they thought they never would.
- When you answer your phone you say yeah, sometimes followed by your name, and then hang up without saying goodbye.
- You threaten people that you've watched NCIS enough so that you can kill them without leaving any forensic evidence even though Abby never revealed how she could do this.
- The smell of caffeine can wake you.
- You drink coffee even when it's a like a hundred degrees, because it keeps you cool, and when you're really stressed, because it helps you think.
- You like knowing what 'bete noire' means and what 'sake bombing' is.
- You repeat words like 'gallipolli' and 'ball-peen' over and over again until someone tells you to stop.
- You know that Gallipolli was an amphibious operation.
- Alien masks and over-bleached teeth make you laugh.
- You want to jump out of a plane wearing a parachute (one that works).
- You sit your naked butt on a photocopier.
- You laugh at those button things that you press to cross the road even when they stay attached to the pole they are on.
- You recognise the name 'Bill Nye, The Science Guy' even though you never saw the show and don't really know how to spell his name.
- You become really suspicious of your family/friends/co-workers and that they are sneaking up behind you.
- You become really good at sneaking up behind them.
- You handcuff yourself to people you like when you don't want them to leave you.
- You start chewing on toothpicks.
- You barge into your boss' office without waiting or even knocking.
- When something you want to drink gets thrown in the bin and you're trying not to drink it, you pick up the bin and sniff it instead.
- You wish that you had a photographic memory.
- You try and kick guys in the balls when you're fighting with them.
- You try to find a plastic shower curtain decorated with monkeys.
- You want to eat dinosaur cereal.
- You play with voodoo dolls to relax.
- You do voluntary research so that you know the rest of Ducky's historical stories, even after Gibbs cuts him off.
- The date May 24th means something to you. And it's sad.
- You put superglue on your friends' computer keyboard, or desk, or on the floor when an intruder is coming so that they get glued to the floor.
- You know that the movie that Tony got his looping-the-surveillance-footage-while-they-evac'ed-the-kids-in-Bait-idea was Speed.
- If you want someone to leave you alone you make up an imaginary pet dog named after one of your co-workers for them to go looking for.
- You know Titanic sinks at the end and (even though it's a tragic movie) you always laugh at that.
- You stare at traffic lights, hoping to spot an S.O.S.
- You are suspicious of boutique butcher shops.
- You don't play golf (or at least you don't go after your ball if it goes into a bunker/sand-trap) for fear of being blown up.
- You yell "FORE!" when someone else is trying to play golf.
- When you think someone has forgotten your birthday you don't get angry until you've checked to make sure they didn't leave you a mysterious gift somewhere that you missed.
- When you watch NCIS repeats you think ahead and allude to everyone else what will happen next or soon or at the end.
- You have that Osama Bin Ladin-killing game and The Godfather game on your computer.
- You recognise the scientific term for "jellyfish".
- When you get bored at work you throw balls of scrunched up paper into your co-workers bins and start rubber band wars.
- You wish that the cast of NCIS was the real NCIS and that you were in the Navy and that you could get murdered just to be involved with them somehow.
- You just added over a hundred points to this page and you're proud of it!
- Your Microsoft Word recognizes "hinky" and "negatory" as actual words.
- You go to the websites Tony talks about in each episode; like ibeatyou.com.
- When you buy a black Christmas tree because you know Abby would love it!!
- You stop believing in coincidences.
- Friends and family report that you talk about NCIS in your sleep.
- When the teacher isn't looking, you write a letter to the principal asking if he/she could plan a field trip to Washington D.C. so you can see what the real NCIS building looks like.
- You learn all the languages the characters speak in order to understand them.
- You go to the mall to buy a gift for someone and end up buying NCIS-related stuff for yourself instead.
- You read Mel Odom's NCIS books even though you know that the books are not about the TV series.
- Your friend tells you they found a 'You Know You're Addicted To.....When' and you first question is "Was there one for NCIS?"
- All your projects relate to NCIS in some way
- You know that a conversation without NCIS is not a conversation
- (If you hate reading) the only thing you read is the TV guides, forums and NCIS Fanfiction
- Your Science teacher finally gives in to your pleading and lets you do forensic science
- You carry around a paper clip so you can threaten to kill people 18 different ways with it
- You don't want to leave (your) home (country) unless you can go to America
- You only know that D.C is located in Maryland because of NCIS
- People think that your friends must get tired of hearing NCIS quotes and they say they aren't because you have so many
- If someone misses anything on NCIS, they ask you what happened
- People know you as that person who's always talking about NCIS
- Your most used sentence is: "This reminds me of an episode of NCIS when..."
- Or "Oh! Like in NCIS when..."
- You consider a career in investigating, then people tell you that you'd just quote NCIS all day and you say "Tony, your last words will be I've seen this film."
- You keep a phone book in the broom closet
- You randomly shout out "Have you ever been tortured McGee?"
- You can watch NCIS in a foreign language without using subtitles because you've seen the episode that many times
- You want to see "Yes Man" just because it has Sasha Alexander in it
- You love the episode of Friends called 'The One With Joey's Interview' because his interviewer's character is played by Sasha Alexander.
- You laugh wildly when watching another show because someone who was in one episode of NCIS is in one episode of the other show
- You take photos of parts of books that mention NCIS
- You have seen it so many times that you know how to kill someone and leave no forensic evidence.
- Or you kill someone just to leave forensic evidence for Abby to find.
- You cannot eat poultry without thinking of Gibblets.
- You consider breaking into the Navy Yard to steal Abby's cupcake.
- You consider breaking into Quantico with your significant other to do the deed á la Palmer and Lee.
- Though you worry that doing so might make your significant other a mole...
- You perform autopsies on your recently deceased pets, and you talk to their corpses.
- You seriously consider dropping your current career to become a marine
- You tattoo 'semper fi' on you somewhere
- You know that NCIS is based on the Navy Yard in downtown DC and Quantico is the home of the Marines and FBI training center.
- You scream wildly at the credits of Yes Man.
- You scream "BRING IN MICHAEL!" (or whoever portrays the male half of your preferred Kate ship) during Yes Man
- You date redheads only.
- Nobody lets you drive anymore.
- You find yourself in each sentence above
- You realise it's a highly contagious virus with no-known cure.
- You actually do a search on "Thom E. Gemcity" and/or "Deep Six" on your local public library's search engine, and you are disappointed when nothing shows up.
- You search the aforementioned words (see previous bullet), leave the screen up on the terminal, and hang out nearby to see if anybody notices and/or freaks out.
- When you actually consider eating cheeseless pizza with Tabasco sauce and peanut butter like Sarah McGee in "Twisted Sister" no matter how gross everyone says it is
- When as a new fan last season you decide to ask your dad to add seasons 1-4 to the netflix list so you can see them and then look for the sets in the store even after you've seen them
- Report anyone who steals your chocolate cupcake to the local police
- You found the Element song on YouTube and smiled knowingly
- You cry whenever Shannon or Kelly is mentioned
- You see only a few seconds of an episode and you know at least which season, and probably which episode and what is coming up next. Every time you see an NCIS episode on TV, you know which episode and season it is and you tell your family (or whoever is sitting with you) everything about it.
- You feel ashamed if you can't place an episode, or if you just don't remember.
- Your friends told you that NCIS was cancelled (as a joke) and you nearly fainted.
- Your friends know lots about NCIS even if they haven't watched it.
- You're considering moving to America (if you live outside of America) and joining the marines.
- You finish food fights with peas, peas in the can
- Your maths teacher can only get you to talk about NCIS (because you're really bad at maths and need to concentrate) Every time Sasha Alexander came on screen in Yes Man you yelled 'It's Kate!' and every time Rocky Carroll came on screen you yelled 'It's the director!'
- You watched an episode of NCIS with Kate in it before you saw Yes Man
- You're playing an instrument in public (and failing) and all you can think about is this thread
- Anytime you hear "N", "C", "I" or "S" you ask are you talking about NCIS?
- You want to go undercover with a guitar, and sing about what you see.
- When you hear the NCIS Theme before the show starts you want to hear the entire song from the soundtrack
- Your entire 'Preferred' playlist consists of the NCIS Soundtrack.
- You want a pair of fancy cowboy boots
- You know exactly the amount of money Tony owes on his IOU
- You spent twenty minutes finding the above and recalculating to avoid mistakes.
- You download 'Outrageous' and sing it in your shower.
- You record the scene in 'Terminal Leave' when Kate is listening to Outrageous in the shower, and play it while you're in the shower.
- You give your son a marine cut (because he didn't want a full shave)
- You hate westerns, but will watch 'The Last Rites of Ransom Pride' because Cote de Pablo is in it.
- You have a new respect for people who sing and dance in musicals you thought were cheeseballs.
- You have written fanfic about Shannon and/or Kelly.
- You have a summer home in Hawaii, with an old guy to call you 'Probie' waiting.
- You take horseback riding classes.
- You replay the NCIS Soundtrack over and over again at home/work/in the car.
- You research and download as much of Abby's lab music as possible, just so you have an awesome playlist for photography classes when you're working in the darkroom/science practice lessons so you can be as Abby-like as possible.
- You join all the NCIS related wikis (Cote de Pablo, Michael Weatherly, Mark Harmon, Pauley Perrette wikis) besides this
- Your friend's boyfriend's name is Nic and whenever she write 'Nics' your brain automatically changes it to NCIS, eg. the friend sends you a message that ends in "thanks for finding nics pencil case!" and you misread it as "thanks for finding an ncis pencil case'... and then you are disappointed when you remember there's no such thing as an NCIS pencil case.
- You want stores to stock NCIS (the show, not the real thing) merchandise, like pencil cases and quilt cover sets.
- You downloaded the Numa-Numa guy song and whenever you hear it you do the arm pumping thing Abby was doing in 'Murder 2.0' and then you suddenly stop and smile goofily to yourself.
- When your infant son stops crying because he hears the theme song playing.
- You know the words to the "element song" and you sing along with McGee.
- A family member sees you watching the show and asksd if there is a type of AA for this addiction with a 12 step program.
Latest page update: made by Sorgiña
, Aug 9 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Sorgiña
3 words added
10 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: NCIS
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Tiva4eva.16||Another one||4||Aug 13 2009, 8:48 AM EDT by bellswebster|
|mcgeerocks||NEW ONE||0||Mar 17 2009, 9:45 AM EDT by mcgeerocks|
|xxTIMMCGEExx||jlo glow||4||Jan 6 2009, 11:50 AM EST by LilyMorgana|
Showing 3 of 4 threads for this page - view all