Sign in or
NCIS THEMED holiday crafts!
◄ Back to NCIS Fan Christmas
Do you like to make your own holiday presents? Does your little brother know how much Mom likes NCIS and want to make her a show-themed gift? Below are some show-themed craft twists that are easy and fast to make (and good for the really young fans, too!)
Abby's Cotton Ball Flowers (from Silent Night)
I was surprised to find this was a real thing! My Mom had her class of Preschoolers do it!
- glass beaker or 500mL water bottle (or bigger if you want)
- giftwrap paper
- cotton balls
- food coloring or water-based paints (like kids' watercolors)
- Clean your beaker or water bottle. Take the brand name sticker off and wipe off any marks you have put on it.
- Cut the giftwrap into thin strips and wrap the strips around the straws in a spiral pattern and glue or tape at the ends. You shouldn't be able to see the original color of the straw.
- Take the cotton balls and gently rip or cut them each into one big cotton strip.
- Dip the strips in paint or food coloring, then roll them back up into balls and glue the open ends. Try flattening or fluffing up the balls for an extra effect.
- Glue or tape the balls to the straw stems.
- Stuff your beaker or bottle with the remaining uncolored cotton balls or if they don't fit, try cutting giftwrap into thin strips and folding in an accordion pattern, then stuffing into the bottom of your container.
- Put the "flowers" in through the mouth of your beaker or bottle.
- Tie a ribbon just below the mouth.
- If you want to, you can glue giftwrap or magazine clippings to the outside of the "vase" to add a personal touch!
Caf-Pow! (or Gibbs' coffee) Pencil Holder
- a regular size soft drink or coffee cup
- cardstock (poster paper)
- pencils or pens
- drawing paper
- Find a good quality screencap or picture of the CafPow! cup and copy out the design or print off a wrap-around picture of it.
- Line the outside of your cup with cardstock to keep it from falling apart later.
- Color you CafPow! picture and glue it on over the cardstock.
- If you'd like, glue on some Holiday Greetings or Abby pictures as well!
- If you've been doing a Gibbs cup, you can try printing off or drawing a Starbucks (as that I believe is the brand he has on the show) crest with a Gibbs-y message like "Don't touch a marine's coffee if you want to live" or try putting the rules on the side where they usually have resturant information and please recycle messages.
Latest page update: made by Sorgiña
, May 25 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Sorgiña
3 words added
12 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: NCIS Fan Christmas
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.