Sign in or
NCIS MODERATORS BLOG 63
Banner Courtesy of CatherineYetive
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS & NCIS
Seems an appropriate date for this blog, wouldn't you agree? So, here goes some NCIS related New Year's resolutions...
- You will all make an effort to recruit more members, can't let American Idol get a lead
- The series will be renewed for another season - given audience ratings, I'd say there's every possibility
- You all participate more actively on this site.
- I will endeavour to make the polls more frequent, i.e. on a weekly basis as original planned; however..... a lot depends on people participating, i.e. the same 200-300 members all the time. I mean, you know we are almost at the 7000 member mark!! The results obtained from these polls at the moment are not particularly realistic (even though I suspect this is true also of polls on a national level in different countries on different subjects, I mean how can a sample of 10 thousand people be representative say of a population say like the Spanish one of 43 million). So, people please click on the button when a poll comes up, the time and effort invested is negligible.
- I will endeavour to write more thought provoking blog entries - but no promises there, a lot depends on my workload, other self-employed people among our members will understand the situation.
- You will all make an effort to keep discussions threads friendly without getting riled up over some trivial point in an episode or about a character, this is fiction folks, so scriptwriters are allowed to tergiversate facts to the benefit of making a plot more stimulating, etc.
- You will make an effort not to digress on to sensitive subjects in discussion threads, otherwise I have to come along in Miss Rottenmeier style to sort it out, and I do not like playing that part, it's very tiring to get angry.
- For Spanish speaking members (para l@s soci@s castellanoparlantes): Intentaré escribir más blogs en castellano, aunque lo idóneo sería poder escribirlos mezclando los 2 idiomas a la vez, pero....
- Daremos la brasa a los de LaSexta para que nos pongan la 7ª temporada ya y que la publiciten tanto o más que Bones porque Navy lo vale.
- You will all do your best to ferret out NCIS related information NOT personal information about the cast, unless they make said personal information known.
- Where possible you will all try to attend the 2010 NCIS FanFest and make agentnics a very happy mod, as she helps out in the organisation
- We will all remember to credit the author(s) of artwork when copying the same to our profiles, personal use, etc., and ask permission too please
Apologies for not having written too many blogs this last month, but this has been due to a personal reason, which my friends on here know why, has impeded me in so much as I didn't feel up to it too much, and then an important workload came in, and unfortunately some of us need to work.
URTE BERRI ON GUZTIOI! ONDO PASA ETA KONTUZ IBILI!
Bihar arte. Besakarda handi bat
LAST UPDATE ON 31st December 2009 11:10 AM CET
SUBMITTED BY Sorgiña
29th December 2009
Season 6's "Capitol Offense" written by George Schenck and Frank Cardea is probably best remembered by fans for the subplot of "who Stole Abby's Cupcake", rather than the murder of the Lt Cmdr who was the mistress of Senator Patrick Kiley, who just happened to be an old friend of Gibbs'.
Both plots were well written and gave us the standard of episode that we have come to expect from the George Schenck/Frank Cardea pairing.
Some highlights were Ziva and Abby stringing Tony along over Ziva staying at Abby's place. The same scene gave us a nice little turn around with McGee hanging a nickname on Tony: DiNosey.
The scene in Gibbs' basement when Lyn Kiley comes calling. She is playing for his sympathy by playing the Shannon and Kelly card. The look on Gibbs' face when she says that Patrick would never shoot anyone in the back, let alone a woman. The sudden realization that she had to be involved. Apart from a brief conversation with Ducky, it hadn't been revealed that the Lt Cmdr had been shot in the back. The gentle sadness as Gibbs' turns away from Lyn as she goes up the stairs.
The final scene in the Kiley's household. Gibbs' anger and sadness at the Kiley's using of him. This was one of the best Gibbs' scenes in season 6. It is strong and powerful. Vance gets to see just how important loyalty and trust are to Gibbs. I think this scene marks the point when Vance starts trying to work with Gibbs. He sees just what a valuable asset NCIS has in Gibbs. And without prompting swings straight into a support role for Gibbs. Implying that he knows everything about the case that Gibbs knows. He gave Gibbs 100% support. This showed a new side of Leon Vance too. A man who is as capable of flying by the seat of his pants as he is at playing by the book.
Like all George Schenck and Frank Cardea scripts, "Capitol Offense" gave us some good lines.
Ziva: You are such a control geek.
Tony: I am the Jedi Master. You are the Padawan Learner.
Vance: For your eyes only. And the messages from my wife...not for your ears.
Tony: Okay. Now I am officially curious.
Patrick Kiley: I'm a politician Director Vance. Enemies come with the job.
Abby: McGee. I will get your DNA. One way or the other.
Tony: Do what the woman says, McGee. She sleeps in a coffin.
Lyn Kiley: Some things never change. The door's unlocked and you're down here working on that damn boat.
Abby: So. How was it?
McGee: It was life changing.
LAST UPDATE ON 30th December 2009, 9.18AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
FAVORITE VILLAINS REVISITED
28th December 2009
One of the things I love about writing blogs on here is the response I get. Especially when people don't agree with me. We get some wonderful discussions going, and the topic of Favorite Villains was no exception.
The most popular favorite villain amongst you had to be Ari Haswari. Probie007 pointed out that of all the villains he has made the most impression on the show, getting a mention at least once a season. Ari was variously described as charismatic, obsessed, suave, arrogant. One fan even described him as an "anti-Gibbs". This subject I am saving for a later blog entry.
What surprised me was the other favorite villain, who got almost as many mentions as Ari. That was the serial killer Kyle Boone from the season 3 episode "Mind Games". Probie007 got to the core of this character's endurance in our memories..."He matched Gibbs in terms of screen presence. The scene when he is standing still in the interrogation room all night without moving a muscle and looks up at the camera exactly when Gibbs is looking at him was really creepy. Haven't seen anyone else get under Gibbs' skin so much!"
The female serial killer in "Smoked", Sharif and Rene Benoit all get honorable mentions as favorites.
My thanks to everyone who took part in the original discussions.
LAST UPDATE ON 29th December 2009, 9.46AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
ANOTHER LOOK AT ROCKY CARROLL AS LEON VANCE
27th December 2009
Rocky Carroll has certainly made the character of Leon Vance his own. He has stamped his authority on the role and the majority of fans approve.
jml709 pointed out that "Leon Vance is certainly a character that we love to hate. I also admire the way Rocky Carroll has jumped right in and has played Leon very well. We've been given a few breadcrumbs about Leon's past and his identity, and it will be interesting to see how that storyline develops this season."
Ydnam96 agreed with my point about Rocky finding Leon very quickly and his effect upon the viewing audience. "...I think you are right about Rocky "finding Leon". I don't think there would be such passionate feelings about the character if the actor wasn't good! I personally still don't know if I like Leon or not...but I think Rocky plays him very well."
Once again, thank you to everyone who responded to my original blog.
LAST UPDATE ON 28th December 2009, 9.13AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
Latest page update: made by Sorgiña
, Dec 31 2009, 5:19 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Sorgiña
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|MargyW||Favorite Villains Revisited||3||Jun 23 2010, 8:47 PM EDT by mcseek|
Thread started: Dec 28 2009, 5:48 PM EST Watch
My blog entry for today:
My thanks to everyone who took part in the original discussion.
|MargyW||Another Look at Rocky Carroll as Leon Vance||8||Jan 13 2010, 6:41 PM EST by HardKore71|
Thread started: Dec 27 2009, 5:15 PM EST Watch
My blog for today:
Thank you to everyone who took part in the original discussion.
|Sorgiña||New Year's Resolutions and NCIS||4||Dec 31 2009, 5:39 AM EST by bellswebster|
Showing 3 of 4 threads for this page - view all