Sign in or
NCIS MODERATORS' BLOG 99
Banner Courtesy of Princess_Ila
FAVORITE MCGEE NICKNAMES
9th June 2010
All of the characters have or have had nicknames at various times. The one with the most nicknames has to be Timothy McGee. I thought I would detail a few of my personal favorites.
- Aqua Smurf. McGee in scrubs produces this name from Tony is season 4's "Dead Man Walking".
- Daniel McBoone. From season 6's "Hide and Seek". A reference to McGee's frontier type skills.
- McGeek. First used in "Angel of Death" in season 4. Has become an almost generic reference to any IT/computer person.
- McMotherboard. From "Deliverance" in season 6.
- McSniper. A sarcastic nickname from season 7's "The Inside Man" which causes Tony to eat his words when McGee's paintball shot blots out the security camera.
- Michael Jackson. From the episode that introduced McGee to us. His first nickname and not given to him by Tony. This one was hung on him by Gibbs, in reference to the mask McGee is wearing. "Get Michael Jackson outta here before he ralphs."
- Mr Mildly Neurotic Introvert with a Highly Sensitive Ego. Has to win the award for longest nickname ever.
- Probilicious. The nickname most liked by devoted McGee fans.
LAST UPDATE ON 10th June 2010, 6.30AM AEST
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
8th June 2010
I was expecting big things from this episode and I got it. One of the most dramatic and explosive episodes of season 7. With the standard this episode set, "Rule Fifty-One" is going to have to be pretty extraordinary to beat it for sheer impact.
"Patriot Down" had many stand out scenes. Two tie together very well, making it quite clear that Ziva herself was raped whilst in captivity. Ziva's gentle handling of the rape victim Kaylen Burroughs hinted at it. Her responses and body language when Tim raises the subject of rape screamed the message home. Interestingly, Ziva has either told Tony what happened, or Tony has guessed. He immediately becomes gentle and protective towards Ziva. Moving in close and talking softly. Cote de Pablo really rose to another level in this episode.
The scene between Vance and Hart after Gibbs has taken off for Mexico is excellent. Vance nails Hart to the floor leaving her no room to move. She must declare just whose side she is on.
"Patriot Down", however, belonged to Mark Harmon, body and soul. The scene with Gibbs with the Hammonds in interrogation. The explosion of anger and violence from Gibbs was unexpected and frightening. Gibbs and Ducky in autopsy and when Ducky follows him to the elevator, trying to get him to talk. Gibbs and Hart. His anger and frustration and the escalating fear. Gibbs world is collapsing around him. Finally, Gibbs on the beach in Mexico, following the blood trail. All you can see is his eyes, which have fear written large in them. The discovery of the decapitated body which Gibbs at first believes belongs to Mike Franks. The moment Gibbs is taken prisoner. An absolutely awesome performance from Mark Harmon.
If Mark Harmon does not get the Emmy Award for Best Actor next year, it will only confirm my opinion that the Emmy Awards are rigged.
"Patriot Down" gave us some sharp, snappy lines to remember it by.
Margaret Allison Hart: If I didn't know you better, Mr Gibbs, I'd say you're avoiding me.
Tony: I'm Italian. I mourn. I eat.
Tony: Why don't you call Gibbs? Tell him our attacker has been attacked.
Gibbs: Mr Hammond, if your son's so clean, why did two sailors drive all the way out here to kick his ass?
Gibbs: It's not just about you. It's about the truth.
Gibbs: Sit your asses down!
Gibbs: How does it feel to be in the murder business, Miss Hart?
Vance: Stop being a lawyer. Start being a friend.
LAST UPDATE ON 9th June 2010, 6.25AM AEST
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
7th June 2010
Season 7 had some great guest appearances. Ralph Waite as Jackson Gibbs, Robert Wagner as Tony DiNozzo Senior, Gena Rowlands as Joann Fielding. As we head towards season 8, I started thinking about actors I would like to see make guest appearances on NCIS and in what possible capacity.
- Jonathan Frakes. Would be great cast as McGee's father.
- Nichelle Nichols. We haven't seen any of Vance's family apart from his wife and children. I think Nichelle Nichols would be great as Leon's mother.
- Betty White. We've often heard about Sister Rosita. So, why not Betty White as Abby's friend, the bowling nun? Sister Rosita's age has never been given, so age isn't a problem.
- Robert Vaughn. Role doesn't matter. I would just love to see David McCallum and Robert Vaughn share some screen time again.
- Anthony Stewart Head. Yes, I know he is busy playing Uther in "Merlin". But I would still love to see him make an appearance. Perhaps as British military intelligence, or MI5.
- Lily Tomlin. Would be perfect as Abby's mother, Gloria.
LAST UPDATE ON 8th June 2010, 6.20AM AEST
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
THE VOYEUR'S WEB
6th June 2010
In this season 3 episode written by David North, a woman appears to be murdered live on an internet sex site....or has she?
This episode is notable for the introduction of the character of Charles Stirling which started the story arc involving DiNozzo being framed for murder.
There are some good scenes. The scene in the car junk yard when the body of one missing Marine wife is found. McGee is lamenting his lot. There is some great interaction between McGee and Tony in this scene.
Abby watching porn in her lab with Charles.....and they're sharing a bowl of popcorn.
The two best scenes are between Gibbs and Sgt Roberts. Roberts is the husband of the woman found dead in the car yard. The first scene in Robert's neighbor's yard where Gibbs persuades Roberts not to kill the neighbor, Powell, who turns out to have been blackmailing Robert's wife for sex, is potentially very explosive. The anger and the violence hangs in the air. David North nicely defuses the scene by having Roberts ram his knife into the ground between Powell's legs.
The second scene is after the second missing Marine wife, Jamie Carr, is arrested for the murders of Roberts' wife and a web weasel named Carter Finch. When Roberts needs reassurance and someone to lean on, Gibbs is there for him. This is, in my opinion, the best scene in the entire episode.
As with all David North scripts, there are some wonderful lines.
Ziva: Personally I find the taste of Honey Dust to be erotic.
McGee: Gibbs is going to kill me. Again.
Ziva: Despite their conservative image, Americans really love their porn.
Gibbs: The French wine in this area is terribly under-rated.
Carter: Careful with that wookie. It's a prototype from 1978.
Gibbs: What do you have, Abbs?
Abby: A PhD in porn.
Tony: McGee turned up on our doorstep one day like a little lost poodle.
Tony: Do what you do best.
McGee: What? Screw up?
Tony: Never kick a probie when he's down.
Charles: How'd you know?
Abby: Good guess.
Abby: I really hate that Ozzie got fat and stupid. Live with it.
Tony: She has a photographic memory, Probie, not a mental disorder.
Ziva: I've never had sex with you either. Does that make me a virgin?
Tony: She's a naughty little kitty kat.
LAST UPDATE ON 7th June 2010, 6.39AM AEST
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
Latest page update: made by MargyW
, Jun 9 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by MargyW
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|MargyW||Guest Appearances (page: 1 2 3)||41||Jul 31 2010, 10:07 AM EDT by AZNCISfan|
|MargyW||Favorite McGee Nicknames (page: 1 2)||32||Jul 7 2010, 9:37 AM EDT by marion612|
|MargyW||Patriot Down - Blog Entry||1||Jun 8 2010, 7:07 PM EDT by HardKore71|
Showing 3 of 4 threads for this page - view all