Sign in or
NCIS MODERATORS' BLOG 71
Banner courtesy of CatherineYetive
Interesting title this coming Tuesday's episode - 'jetlag' refers to the abject tiredness travellers generally suffer from on travelling from west to east when a dateline is crossed, as between the US and Europe. In general terms people require on average 24-36 hours' recovery time, although undoubtedly there are exceptions to the rule.
So given this premise, are we to suppose DiNozzo and Ziva are too knackered after the flight from the US to France to do their job properly, or is it the baddie in this situation, i.e. he/she is in no condition to put up a fight in the face of our intrepid duo.
No doubt all will be revealed on Tuesday, however, I'm lighting a candle to Sta. Rita (the saint for lost causes) for no TIVA :-)) Sorry, TIVA fans, but just couldn't resist digging my oar in; oh! and please note which saint I've sent my prayers too - LOL
Y con esto y un bizcocho se acabó lo que se dió.
LAST UPDATE ON 24th January 2010 8:45 PM CET
SUBMITTED BY Sorgiña
LAST MAN STANDING
24th January 2010
The season 6 opening episode written by Shane Brennan is an episode you either love or hate. There are no half measures. I personally love it, as it sets up the major story arc for season 6 very well. We learn why the team were split up at the end of "Judgment Day" - there is a mole inside NCIS.
The scene where Langer, Keating and Lee get into the elevator and shut the doors in Gibbs' face is hilarious. The expression on Gibbs' face as the doors shut him out is a classic. As is his expression once he is inside the elevator and the doors are closing. He raises his eyes to heaven in a piteous "Why Me?" expression. This scene always makes me laugh.
The episode also sets up that Gibbs and Vance have the makings of a good partnership. Two scenes ram this home. Firstly when they confront Palmer in autopsy about his relationship with Michelle Lee. Saying very little, they manage to totally terrify Palmer. The second, more powerful scene, is their interrogation of Daniel Keating.
This episode also shows just what a capable agent McGee has become. He is able to make decisions. Not even worrying about breaking the rules and interrupting an interrogation. He knows the news he has is more important. Gone is the ditherer. What we have here is a man in control of himself. In the scene talking to Tony on the USS Seahawk, it is clearly Tim who is in control of the situation.
The ending was vaguely chilling. We thought we had a self contained story...then the text message to Michelle Lee and the reply accompanied by the flashback shows us that this isn't over, not by a long shot. Then the conversation between Eli David and Vance raised more questions.
Like all Shane Brennan scripts, "Last Man Standing" has it's fair share of memorable lines.
Langer: Four months I've been sitting here fielding calls for DiNozzo, and I swear they're all women.
Lee: And this surprises you?
(After they have been chewed out by Gibbs)
Langer: It'll get better.
Lee: Yeah. When he retires.
Ducky: There are other reasons men take their clothes off before going to bed, Jethro.
Gibbs: Any evidence of that, Duck?
Palmer: Well, he did come to a sticky end.
Gibbs: A doubt? A doubt, Leon? I have a doubt about every one of them. I've got a former FBI agent who doesn't listen. A boy genius who doesn't drive, and a lawyer that don't shoot.
McGee: What do you see?
Tony: A short life. Yours. If I get caught.
Keating: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Langer: What the hell is going on?
Lee: They think one of us is a spy.
Keating: I have rights.
Vance: Does he have rights, Agent Gibbs?
Gibbs: He has the right to remain silent. Of course, we might think he has something to hide if he does.
Eli David: Use her well, Leon. Ziva is the sharp end of the spear.
LAST UPDATE ON 25th January 2010, 6.27AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
FAVORITE EPISODES OF SEASON 1
23rd January 2010
Time to take a look at my personal favorite episodes of the first season of NCIS.
- Yankee White. I was hooked from the exchange: Dennis: NCIS? Is that anything like CSI? Tony: Only if you're dyslexic.
- High Seas. Didn't realize at the time we were seeing a piece of history and something that would become a firm favorite of the show's fans. Gibbs' slapping Tony's head.
- Sub Rosa. Introduction of NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee. One of my all time favorite episodes.
- Minimum Security. Introduction of NCIS Special Agent Paula Cassidy. Great plot. Great lines. Another all time favorite.
- One Shot, One Kill. Love the plot of Marine recruiters being murdered by a sniper. Gibbs goes undercover as bait. This too is one of my all time favorites.
- The Good Samaritan. Intriguing plot. Introduced us to possibly the best one-off character ever, the Sheriff of Grayson County, Sheriff Charlene "Charlie" Dupree. Would have loved to have seen more of Charlie. Yet another episode in my all time favorites list.
- Enigma. A powerful episode. One where we start to see that Fornell and Gibbs may actually be friends. The ending is possibly one of the saddest in NCIS history.
LAST UPDATE ON 24th January 2010, 10.40AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
FAVORITE EPISODES OF SEASON 4 REVISITED
21st January 2010
Season 4 was not a huge fan favorite. Many people saying that they found the Jenny/Frog story arc boring, and that the introduction of Hollis Mann also spoiled the season. However, the season did kick up some episodes that are much loved by you,
- Driven. Killer car on the loose and the wonderful sexual harassment seminar scene made this episode a firm favorite.
- Smoked. Gibbs and Fornell and the toe chewing serial killer. Also a massive fan favorite.
- Blow Back. Ducky undercover made this episode worthwhile to many fans.
- Twisted Sister. McGee risking his career to save his sister.
- Grace Period. It was Jessica Steen's best performance as Special Agent Paul Cassidy. Her death angered many fans, but almost everyone agreed that this was a powerful and moving episode.
LAST UPDATE ON 22nd January 2010, 6.36AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
Latest page update: made by Sorgiña
, Jan 24 2010, 2:49 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Sorgiña
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|MargyW||Last Man Standing - Blog Entry (page: 1 2)||28||Jan 28 2010, 6:52 PM EST by Willow22|
Thread started: Jan 24 2010, 2:29 PM EST Watch
My blog today is on the season 6 premiere Last Man Standing.
Any feedback/discussion would be great.
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
|Sorgiña||Jetlag (page: 1 2 3 4)||67||Jan 27 2010, 8:03 AM EST by bellswebster|
|MargyW||Favorite Episodes of Season One||7||Jan 26 2010, 2:39 PM EST by MargyW|
Showing 3 of 4 threads for this page - view all