Sign in or
NCIS MODERATORS' BLOG 55
Banner Courtesy of CatherineYetive
SCRIPTS OF JACK BERNSTEIN
2nd December 2009
Jack Bernstein was a script writer with NCIS in seasons 1 and 2, with one script on season 3. Although he only gave us six scripts, they were excellent ones.
- My Other Left Foot. Only body part found is a leg with a Marine Corps tatt on it. From this the team have to work out what happened and who the corpse is. First time we see Gibbs go goofy over a redhead, much to the consternation of Kate.
- The Good Samaritan. One of my all time favorite NCIS episodes. Male naval personnel are being murdered when they stop to render assistance to another motorist. Most notable, not for the case, but for the female sheriff "Charlie" who fancies Gibbs. Much to his dismay, and to Tony's amusement. Gibbs: Don't say it. Tony: I wasn't going to say anything. Gibbs: Don't even think it! Tony: Too late!
- The Truth is Out There: The rather bizarre tip of the hat to the X-Files. Notable mostly for the underage events promoter who appears to be hitting on Kate!
- The Weak Link. The team investigate an accident on a training mission that may be a murder. It turns out to be one very complicated suicide. Not one where you saw the solution coming at all.
- Doppelganger. The plot on this one was a bit weak, but the episode was raised to the heights of an NCIS classic by the appearance of the police team that are our team's exact duplicates, right down to Lt Cheney having multiple ex-wives!. Rapp: Your ex-wife called. Cheney: Which one? Rapp: The nasty one. Cheney: You're going to have to be more specific. The episode was also notable for Gibbs getting it on his basement...pity the lady in question turned out to be the murderer!
- Deception. Jack Bernstein's last script was this season 3 offering. An abducted female navy officer, a paedophile and Gibbs in his Sunday best. Best scene would have to be a coffee deprived Gibbs stealing a slurp of Abby's Caf-Pow. The facial expression is a classic.
LAST UPDATE ON 3rd December 2009, 6.33AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
MCGEE AND KIDS
1st December 2009
This blog is the start of an occasional series on the characters and how they interact with the child characters within the show. As I hadn't done a blog on McGee for a while, I thought I'd start with him.
Apart from Gibbs, McGee probably has had the most positive interaction with children in the show.
We discovered in season 5's "Lost and Found" that McGee is a scout leader. This is an interesting side to McGee. Given the oddball hours he works as a NCIS agent, he must have difficulty being able to keep the troop up and running. In "Lost and Found" the respect and liking the boys have for McGee is obvious. While Tony and Ziva are stunned and bemused at the sight of McGee in scout uniform, Gibbs doesn't react at all. Suggesting that Gibbs knows about McGee's extra curricular activities and approves.
The abducted kid, Carson, is comfortable sitting and chatting with McGee whilst they wait for Gibbs to arrive. McGee is good with him. Keeping him calm and relaxed, even though Carson realizes something bad is going on.
We next see McGee with kids in season 6's "Love and War". As the kids escort the NCIS team to where they found the body, McGee is eulogizing on life as a scout. You can see he is hooking the kids in. Particularly when he shows off his tracking skills.
When you look at it, McGee is still something of an overgrown kid himself. He still collects comic books. His interest in computer gaming is more late teens than mature male. There is a childlike innocence around McGee which children recognize and relate to.
LAST UPDATE ON 2nd December 2009, 6.23AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
DESHOJANDO LA MARGARITA "TIVA"
30 de noviembre
Seguimos con TIVA o no-TIVA. Según un comentario sobre el artículo que aparece con fecha de hoy en la TV Guide sobre lo que nos avecina NCIS en los capítulo venideros, l@s que odiaban a TIVA habían ganado la batalla. Yo no creo que la cuestión sea odiar o no a TIVA, sino más bien tener un poco de sentido común, con una serie donde un romance entre 2 de los personajes principales hubiese sido una sentencia de muerte. Además siempre estarán l@s que escriban historias sobre TIVA, McAbby, Tibbs, etc., para deleitar a l@s seguidor@s de estos emparejamientos sin joder a la serie.
Que conste yo no odio a TIVA, simplemente no veo lo que ven l@s que sean fans fervientes de este emparejamiento, pero ahí está la libre interpretación de cada uno y cada una sin que llegue la sangre al río.
En fin, dudo que hayamos visto el fin de TIVA todavía, por mucho que yo quiera que no exista más.
Y con esto y un bizcocho se acabó lo que se dió.
<<Ama goian bego>>
LAST UPDATE ON 30 de noviembre de 2009 21:50H CET
SUBMITTED BY Sorgiña
DEVOLUTION OF ABBY'S CHARACTER IN SEASON 6
30th November 2009
Whilst all the characters grew and evolved over the course of season 6, Abby went backwards.
The rot started in "Last Man Standing". Her whining at Gibbs to get the team back together, as though they were a broken toy "Daddy" Gibbs could fix, did not bode well for the rest of the season.
For most of season 6 we saw a whining, petulant Abby. Her behavior over her stolen cupcake, whilst humorous to watch, was also extremely bizarre. What sane individual acts like that over a cupcake? Her response was not only over the top it was galloping down the other side!
About the only time about seemed normal was the "Cloak/Dagger" arc, where she helped trap Michelle Lee, and had that wonderful scene with Leon Vance in her lab.
The real low point for Abby came with the Christmas episode "Silent Night". Abby bottomed out as a complete brat. She interfered in the investigation by contacting the daughter. Nearly drove Ducky insane in autopsy by treating the visiting psychiatrist dressed as Santa as though he really was Santa. This was not the Abby we have all come to know and love.
The writers are treading dangerous waters here. I sincerely hope they are pursuing a story arc wherein Abby's brat behavior is explained, otherwise they risk turning Abby into a caricature, and possibly destroying NCIS.
LAST UPDATE ON 1st December 2009, 6.18AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
Latest page update: made by MargyW
, Dec 2 2009, 2:37 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by MargyW
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|MargyW||McGee and Kids (page: 1 2)||31||Jan 17 2010, 9:48 PM EST by SpecialWindler|
|MargyW||Devolution of Abby's Character in Season 6||6||Dec 7 2009, 5:29 AM EST by bellswebster|
|MargyW||Scripts of Jack Bernstein||7||Dec 3 2009, 4:27 AM EST by bellswebster|
Thread started: Dec 2 2009, 2:34 PM EST Watch
My blog entry for today:
As always, any feedback/discussion would be great.
Do you find this valuable?
Showing 3 of 3 threads for this page